• 55 results
ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ia_espada

"Beyond the Wall the monsters live, the giants and the ghouls, the stalking shadows and the dead that walk... but they cannot pass so long as the Wall stands strong and the men of the Night's Watch are true"

Beyond The Wall
Beyond The Wall

A largely niveous expanse of untamed frost-bound ambiance, 'Beyond The Wall' is a gargantuan geographical mass in the Westeros continent, situated north of the Wall. A primarily unexplored territory of difficult, hazardous topography, the immediate northern region beyond the Wall consists of a virtually boundless forest christened 'The Haunted Forest' by the brothers of the Night's Watch (a military collective tasked with holding the Wall). Native constituents of the Haunted Forest known as the Free-Folk, commonly referred to as Wildings by those of Seven Kingdoms, view those adhering to civility as absent of true freedom due to their willing subjection to law-issuing monarchies, terming them 'kneelers' whereas they believe themselves to be beyond the reproach of civilization's restrictions.

The Haunted Forest extends from the easternmost coast to an elephantine mountainous chain lying west, identified as the Frostfangs. A mountain range of unforgiving cold, undomesticated mounts of abundant ice and stone, the Frostfangs boast monstrous environmental cruelty, such that no free-folk dare set foot there during winter. Lying southwest of the Frostfangs, a narrow strip of topography settled between the populous mountains and the Frozen Shore. The easternmost region beyond the Wall unveils a florally evident peninsula, Storrold's Point, home to the weathered ruins of the solely documented free fold city, Hardhome. And beyond all aforementioned areas, is what has come to be termed 'The Land of Always Winter". The geographical heart of winter, it remains an unmapped, untouched region of ceaseless cold and a wintry abyss, the rumored domain from which the White Walkers or Others originate.

Inhabitants

• Free-Folk/Wildings: Deridingly referred to as 'wildings' by those of the Seven Kingdoms, the free folk are humans inhabiting the region beyond the Wall. Recognizing no political authority and rejecting the notion of ownership of land, the free folk adhere to what they refer to as 'true freedom', that which they believe cannot be comprehended by the civilization behind the Wall. Culturally diverse, and split into numerous clans, tribes, villages, raiding parties etc. the free folk range from primitive to reasonably cultured and to savage and barbarous.
  • Wights: Dead men and creatures raised by the eerie cold that accompanies the arrival of the Others/White Walkers, they are those whose bodies have not burned after being slain by the White Walkers and are forever subjected to being their thralls. Some wights appear lifelike, while others badly rotten and grotesquely decayed, their overall appearance however, depending on their decayed condition prior to their death. They are however, identifiable by their defining characteristics, bright blue eyes, and hands and feet blackened and swollen by their congealed blood.
  • Giants: A physically powerful race of humanoids standing at approximately ten to twelve feet in height, giants are creatures of freakish strength, capable of summoning such unmitigated might that even metal structures bend before the will of their physical power. Enveloped in a thick, shaggy pelt of protective fur, their heads are thrust forward from their shoulder blades, their eyes small and beady, their faces squashed-in and sporting square teeth, their chest sloped, and their arms longer than their legs. Beings of poor eyesight, giants rely equally on their sense of smell as they do their sense of sight. Devoid of technology save for their crudely constructed wooden clubs, little is known of the giants' culture save for their adherence to the audibly harsh, clanging language of the First Men, the Old Tongue.
  • Children of the Forest: A scarcely observed race of mysterious humanoid creatures whispered to be the original inhabitants of Westeros, long before the arrival of the First Men, the Children of the Forest' dwindling population resides far north of the Wall. Though humanoid in appearance, they are diminutive creatures with nut-brown skin, large ears allowing them to hear what no other creature can, large golden eyes that allow them to see even in darkness with vertical, slit pupils for their vision in ambient blackness. Long-lived and said to possess supernatural abilities and vaguely documented magic that allows them to wear the skin of any animal, have power over the beasts of the woods, the ability to speak to the dead, they are among the most mysterious of Westeros' inhabitants.
  • The White Walkers/Others: A mythologically documented race of unknown origin, the White Walkers are cryptically mentioned in the stories and legends of the Children of the Forest as well as the First Men. Said to have emerged many thousands of years ago from the unforgiving polar regions of the Land of Always Winter during a generation lasting winter known as the Long Night, the enigmatic White Walkers' purpose remains unknown just as how their existence came to be. Though presently believed to be no more than a myth, the White Walkers ominously prowl the farthest northern regions beyond the Wall. Though largely humanoid in appearance, the White Walkers sport long wispy white hair, pale and wrinkled alabaster skin giving them an eerily gaunt, mummified appearance. Taller and of greater bulk than humans, the White Walkers are superhumanly strong, capable of tossing a grown man several feet away with but a single strike. Possessing striking, luminous blue eyes, the White Walkers arm themselves with bladed weapons forged from unique ice. Powerful creatures, they possess magical abilities pertaining to cold and ice. Blizzards and substantial cold herald their arrival. Their touch can freeze that which they come in contact with. They can reanimate the dead to serve as their thralls (Wights). And though potentially the most dangerous of creatures lying beyond the Wall, the White Walkers are not invincible, they can be slain by weapons made of dragonglass. Though their culture is not known, it is believed that their language is a poorly understood tongue similar to the sound of cracking ice, a language known as 'Skroth'.

Prominent Locations

• The Haunted Forest: A frozen woodland lying in the immediate north beyond the Wall. It serves as the forested home of the Free-Folk/Wildings and abode of wilding settlements, the White Tree and Caster's Keep.
  • Fist of the First Men: Aged thousands of years, and constructed by the First Men centuries prior to the Andal invasion of Westeros, it is a time-tested ring composed of enormous megalithic stones situated atop a hill.
  • Frostfangs: A chained, frozen mountain range in the farer north of Westeros. It is home to Skirling Pass, a passage linking wilding territories, the Frozen Shore and Haunted Forest.
  • The Milkwater: A river running south along the Frostfangs mountain range, terminating as its waters pour into the Bay of Ice.
  • The Land of Always Winter: The most northern region from the Wall, this is an undiscovered territory scarcely inhabited by few wildings, and supposedly untouched in its farthest portions, subarctic wastelands incapable of nurture. Rumored to harbor only the enigmatic White Walkers.
  • Frozen Shore:The northern coastline of the Bay of Ice, inhabited by wildings and separated from the Wall and the Haunted Forest by the Frostfangs.
Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Home sweet home...

Great work!

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahhh, now to resist the urge of making a member of the Night's Watch.

Awesome work as usual duder! ^_^

Aeron_Glyndwr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is amazing

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Now this, is badass.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andres_knightfall: Hehehe.

That is really good work though. Best thread of the Undying Throne so far.

_Titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By _Titan

lmfao we segregated all the Wights beyond the wall.

This is well thought out

Avatar image for rated_r_superstarr
Rated_R_Superstarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brilliant.

No Caption Provided

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Victor Antiva approves of this thread .

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Newark_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By _Newark_
Avatar image for rated_r_superstarr
Rated_R_Superstarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bogeyman
Frenemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it : )

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makes me wanna join in on this, regardless of my ignorance to the GoT mythos.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should read this sometime. It might give me a clue.

_Newark_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, lotta Jargon I don't fully understand, but well done and I get the jist, I think.

Frenemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_pick said:

You totally should. I haven't even watched or read any of it and I'm going to be participating lol.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frenemy: I should, lol

Might base a character off my stuff in Mount and Blade. A matter of fact I think there is a GoT mod out for it currently...

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@frenemy said:

@_pick said:

You totally should. I haven't even watched or read any of it and I'm going to be participatinglol.

uh oh everyone watch out this is frenemy's fighting style

No Caption Provided

she'll call a truce then sucker punch ya

Frenemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frenemy said:

@_pick said:

You totally should. I haven't even watched or read any of it and I'm going to be participating lol.

Ditto.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velya

Motivated by an adventurous incentive to perpetually explore, the magnetic Blue Eyed Blue Blood, through conscious desire, ventures to the untouched, unwelcoming territory lying beyond the fortified barrier historically famed as 'the Wall'. Regardless of his social adherence to the patrician characteristics and posh customs of southerners, Rasmus the Winsome fundamentally harbored the irreversibly ingrained soul of a northerner, a soul dictated by honor, by the psychological faculties that renders his mind an unyielding phenomena of determined, a soul that imparts within his physical person, a preternatural resistance to the niveous environs of Westeros' northern regions.

Though even a northerner was no juggernaut in the hyperborean climate of the hazardous geographical mass beyond the Wall. Affluently festooned by an adorned cloak of thick, clear, arctic white fur, a restfully wrapped, opulent white scarf boasting his House's wolf-illustrated sigil amply covering his lower facial features as luxuriant beige flushed boots crushed the compiling snow of the Haunted Forest's frost-bound ambiance. Setting foot inside the florally grim woodland, Rasmus' left hand instinctively reached for the accessible hilt of his superlatively enchanted long-sword, Sublimity. Looming masses of snow-covered tree branches largely shielded the Aristocratic Apogee from pelting, wintry precipitation. Almost questioning himself as to why he would footslog into such unforgiving, uncharted territory, the lethargically emitted sound of prowling footsteps alerted the suave swordsman's sensory perception.

"Hm?", volleying an intuitively searching gaze, pale, crystal blue eyes shifting from left to right in search of whatever lie obscured by the surrounding flora and dimmed luminosity. Tightening his strong grip on his long-sword in defensive apprehension, the corner of Rasmus' left eye caught sight of an emerging collection of vibrant, pulsating incandescent blue eyes belonging to the perversely raised corpses of the fallen. Some lifelike, others conspicuously rotted, the predatory Wights lamely advanced, and though slower than Schilt noble, their advantage lie in his absence of accustoming to such difficult landscape and polar temperatures. As the ambient cold gelidly touched bone, rendering his movement sluggish, Rasmus unsheathed his supernaturally sharp blade without his characteristic fluidity. "So..", his voice muffled by the concealing scarf, "These are Wights". Readying himself, Rasmus engaged his predatory opposition, and despite his athletic showcase of virtuoso swordsmanship, there was futility. Their accumulating numbers and impaired rapidity rendered him an unfavorable victor, though to his fortune, another warrior lay vigilant of his circumstance.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any time Impero responds out of the blue to a never before seen or heard from alt, I just know who it is.

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Velya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Velya

As the illustrious nobles of Westeros engage themselves in their habitual statecraft affairs, Himnerith the braver, the king beyond the wall, sends a call to each corner of the haunted forest, drawing a large crowd of able bodies to his encampment. Raiders, both men and women from far and wide, draped in layers of fur and bearing arms have gathered in his village, standing shoulder to shoulder and under unrelenting snow-pelting conditions to await his address. Emerging from an opulent tent with his right hand at his waist, clasped on to his coveted blade, Paindrill, the burly warrior king speaks.

"We stand now at the threshold of a most opportune moment." His low, gravelly voice permeates the frigid air and his towering presence commands attention and respect as he circles his audience. "Those pretentious bureaucrats neglect all extramural matters, and the bulwark's defenses are lax. " Behind a curtain of unshorn hair, a hideous scar runs from his weathered countenance down to his neck. How he received it is unclear, but many tales surrounding it have surfaced over the years. One such tale being that in his youth, Himnerith had come face to face with a white walker, and is one of the few free men who have lived to tell of it. Many disregard the telling as a fable used to boost his influence over the wildlings, however, as 'the others' are nothing more than a myth. "I am raiding the kingdoms, and you being here means you have answered my call to arms." His speech is short and direct, conveniently ending in time for him to disappear behind the folds of his tent.

"Manfred."

"Yes, Himnerith?" Manfred is the warrior king's most obsequious follower. A rather uncouth young man, and a sycophant, many believe he only follows Himnerith because he enjoys the high status and special privileges which are brought on from being his aide de camp. Before his rise to such a position they would call him Manfred the coward.

"Bring Velya."

A cavalcade of nonpareil wildling warriors slog across a bare, snow-laden valley, led by a woman with ash hair who sits upon a marvelous white mare.

"Jollan. Nessler. Break off and head to the forest. Bring fire wood. Walgan, go with them and bring some meat."

The weary men nod and begin to break off when suddenly they are met with another.

"Velya!" A man on a brumby stallion calls out to the woman as he gallops over the snow towards her entourage. "Velya!"

"Manfred...?" Her penetrating grey eyes set upon him, ruminating as his horse circles in front of hers.

"Himnerith calls for you," he pants foggy breaths.

The ash haired woman arrives at the encampment, shouldering her way through the large crowd before entering the king's tent.

"Ah, Velya." Himnerith says quietly with a tired smile, seated upon a tree stump with one hand on his knee and the other holding a goblet.

"That is a rather large gathering, uncle." Velya said aloud, contemplating the reasons for such convening.

"They are here to join in the greatest siege of the kingdoms and I want you to lead them passed the wall, but first," Himnerith pauses before standing and pacing back and forth while sipping at his drink. "First....I need you to find Dalgar."

"But uncle--!!" Velya boldly objects, but is overruled.

"Put your hatred for him aside, Velya, and do as you are told."

@shadow_thief

Velya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Dang... another post partially eaten).

Frenemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Thank you. I do try, but I need to remember to save them first lol.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Mercy_

@frenemy: There's something called Google Drive that I use for all my long/important posts. It's like Word, only it saves every second as you go along and it's free :D

Velya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: (Noted. Thank you, Lovely :D) @rasmus_schilt: (The portion I wrote to you from my last post was eaten so here's my second try.)

Three arrows flitted passed the blue-eyed blue blood, one grazing his shoulder, before drilling into the awful, misshapen skulls of a trio of wights. Two more found their targets seconds later.

"Hyah!" Galloping across the snow on a magnificent white mare was the winter's gale, Velya. Pulling another arrow from her quiver, she held her breath and drew back on her bow, biding her time until her aim was steady enough to lay the final abomination to rest. "Down!" she yelled at the man.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Velya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Mercy_

@velya: No problem! I know the CV bugs are infuriating :(

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velya:

Predatorily circled by lethargically approaching wights, the Charismatic Cosmopolitan, though having virtuously slain a numerically abundant quantity of the unhallowed, undead thralls, the hyperborean gelidness of his surrounding, frosty purlieus lethargically impaired his usually explosive physical quickness, rendering Rasmus a circumstantially hemmed in warrior, reliant primarily on his preternatural strength and pedigreed swordplay. Subconsciously coming to terms with his seemingly plausible, imminent demise, an aerially fulminant arrow tore the surrounding cold zephyr asunder, dispatching one wight, followed by another arrow, and another, as a pulchritudinous warrior of pale golden locks instructed that he duck.

Complying with the woman's shouted instruction, Rasmus lowered himself to a solitary knee, his right palm pressed against the compiled mount of snow on the wintry terrain, his left hand still tightly gripping the hilt of his long-sword. Upon the audible sound of the woman's arrow penetrating the remaining wight through the skull, the Son of Schilt rose to both feet, standing to his full height. Stylistically sheathing his long-sword, he urbanely approached his apparent savior, a calmly issued inclination of the head as expressed, gestured gratitude. Pulling his unblemished, white scarf down, unveiling his lower facial features, Rasmus affably smiles, "Thank you", the frigid temperatures rendering his breath visible as he halts three feet from the woman. Winsomely meeting her eyes with his light, crystal blue eyes, Rasmus continued, "I am Rasmus", he introduces himself, "Your skill with a bow, it is impeccable my dear", he charmingly highlights, "May I humbly request that I at least know my savior's name?", Rasmus engagingly quips.

Frenemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rasmus_schilt: (Great post, like always. I'll have something for ya after sleepy sleep :p)

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andres is rocking the A-game with this character

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Right? I think it's one of his best written.

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I mean, I'm a little biased either way, but I definitely agree. There are aspects and depth to this character that intrigue the hell out of me.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frenemy: All good mi linda :)

I don't know why but I'm so into this character LOL.

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Velya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rasmus_schilt:

As Velya neared the daring young man, it became clear to her that he was from the other side of the wall. His distinctive garb bore the wolf insignia, the official crest of the esteemed Schilt family. His charming gaze lined up with hers, and for a moment their eyes remained locked. "Rasmus... of house Schilt...." she noted, peering over his uniform. "Whoa, Adelheid." Slinging her bow over her shoulder, she dropped to the snow as her mare trotted to a stop. "I am Velya. That was an impressive display of swordsmanship, but to take on a horde of wights alone is foolhardy."

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velya:

Initially surprised at her quick discernment of his familial background, the terse widening of his pale, crystal blue eyes dissipated, retained calmness re-imparting itself within his person. Faintly, the corners of his mouth curled upwards, a winsomely bedecking smile embellishing his august facial features, "You know of my family", a subtly issued nod expressing his somewhat impressed disposition regarding her, a free-folk's knowledge of phenomena on the other side of the wall. "Tis a pleasure Velya", the Blue Eyed Blue Blood flirtatiously winks with dynamic ocular enthrallment. "Well.. I was ambushed my dear, my option was fight or concede. If I was to die, then I would do so as a warrior, not a coward", voicing his stubborn refusal to yield.

"Those wights. They are similar to something that is happening on the other side, my side of the Wall. I came here, to investigate", he revealed, "To see if they are somehow from the same source". Pausing, his eyes succinctly divert from Velya, momentarily admiring the tamed demeanor of her stallion. Rasmus had always harbored a benevolent inclination towards animals. "Your horse is well disciplined", he remarked, returning his attention to her, their eyes meeting again. "Apologies Velya, I went off tangent", he quietly chuckles with apologetic charm. "Do you know of any place where I can set up camp? Preferably an area that won't be targeted by wights".