Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Honor Avenger
No Caption Provided

A few miles away from Gothic City in an rural environment lies Bedlam Asylum. The pure thought of it sends shivers down the spine of every inhabitant of the nearby metropolis. Since its founding the venerable complex has housed nearly every deranged lunatic, dangerous maniac and murderous psychopath ever known to the town.

Not that this would be enough, the treatment methods of Bedlam are object of dark fantasy as well as dispute. Although never officially regulated there are a lot of rumors concerning “exotic” procedures, often more than experimental in nature, and strange tests which no one but the doctors themselves seem to understand. Day after day screams echo out of the dark halls with the luxurious manor. While lightning illuminates the sky and howling screams sound through the night when the storm hits the artistic facade no one knows what really goes on.

No Caption Provided

Since the appearances of meta-beings this has only become worse. With their inhuman powers new methods of restraining had to be found and in the meta-blocks beneath the surface a freak-show-like gallery has developed in the corridors of Bedlam. Here the likes of Poisoned Needle, Robokill, Monochrome, Fire Demon and others rage against their imprisonment in direct neighborhood of each other as a constant threat to the overworked wardens. But the deeper you go, the more powerful the inmates become, the more grows the silence. In the deepest basement you will find the most powerful metahumans, those that have to be locked away forever so that they cannot pose a danger to society anymore.

The names are illustrious: Dire Frost, Fatal Rose, Atomic Sun, Killizard, Nightmare and Honor Avenger to name only a few. Recently this section, more than any other, has been the reason for the nightmares of honest Gothic City citizens. God may have mercy on every living soul if only one of those monsters ever escapes.

Of course this leaves one question open: What if they ALL escape at once?

No Caption Provided

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, this is the outline for the rpg:

Imagine Bedlam Asylum very much like the CV version of Arkham. In theory it is currently the home of every mentally ill homicidal criminal ever to be captured in the confines of Gothic City. All of them together simply create a powder keg that’s only waiting for the ignition spark. And this spark will come soon and enable all of them to escape to continue their murderous ways once again.

Of course not every inhabitant of Bedlam Asylum is a murderous psychopath, those in the open areas are simply people who had the misfortune of requiring a serious but harmless mental illness but if all the cell doors open the violent villains will probably be hogging all the attention for themselves even if they don’t kill the non-violent inmates from the start.

This is a pretty free open rpg. Do whatever you want when the rpg starts. Try to contain the violence, add to it, use it to settle old feuds, it’s up to you. You can make up your own villains to interact (make them as crazy as possible) or interact with other player characters, heck you know the drill.

More info about Bedlam Asylum will be added tomorrow once I went through the pm with Dark Vengeance again.

If you are interested here is a short list of metahumans who have been mentioned to be incarcerated in Bedlam Asylum so far, feel free to add your own (dead people are written like this):

Jetstream (A man with flying powers who uses jet rockets for faster propulsion)

The Enigma (a gangster boss who can mesmerize people through riddles, they can’t do anything till they solve it)

The Kidder (a female gangster boss with cartoon powers)

Fire Demon (a satanistic thug with medium-level pyrokinesis, it is unclear if he is really a half-demon like he states)

Human Monolith (the soul of a metal worker that got trapped in a living statue of brass with superhuman strength and durability during a scientific accident)

The Commander (a peak human ex-soldier with mind controlling abilities)

Astral Claw (a man whose hands, and only those, can become intangible)

Mantis (a professional killer with mastery of several martial arts, he is known to wound even otherwise invulnerable foes with chi-strikes)

Poisoned Needle (a former tailor who got robbed and turned to revenge after that, when he was done he could not stop killing anymore, uses poisoned weapons of his trade like needles, scissors, etc.)

Actor (an actor who found out he was descended from a race of shapeshifters, uses his power to impersonate others but has an evil narcissistic nature paired with a bad temper that occasionally drives him to kill without remorse)

VeraXXX (former prostitute with multiple disorders, also several bionic implants like claw-like fingernails and the like)

Emperor Processor (cybercriminal able to merge his minds with computers)

Robokill (deadly cyborg with implanted weaponry though nothing as fancy of plasma guns, more like machine pistols)

Dementor (can temporarily “eat” the IQ of others over telepathic contact to become smarter)

Monochrome (unsuccessful artist who turned to crime, acquired superpowers in an accident that let his opponent see only one color)

Professor Superior (university dropout with the uncanny skill to develop schemes and devices that, literally, blow up in his face, father of Graviteen)

Outcast Al (well, you all know our mysterious wise bum)

Freaks you might encounter in the deepest basement where the high class metahumans reside, again feel free to add your own:

Dire Frost (an emotionless woman with nearly uncontrollable cryokinesis, everything around her freezes in seconds)
Dire Frost (an emotionless woman with nearly uncontrollable cryokinesis, everything around her freezes in seconds)
Fatal Rose (basically Gothic City’s Poison Ivy)
Fatal Rose (basically Gothic City’s Poison Ivy)

Killizard (an uncontrollable, man-eating, purely instinct-driven lizard-beast with the ability to mimic every characteristic of any reptile)
Killizard (an uncontrollable, man-eating, purely instinct-driven lizard-beast with the ability to mimic every characteristic of any reptile)

Atomic Sun (maniac with atomic powers, currently in artificial coma)
Atomic Sun (maniac with atomic powers, currently in artificial coma)

Nightmare (when his physical form is asleep his astral self can control the body of any sleeping person and even keep them from waking up, better not speak of the things he can do in the dream realm)
Nightmare (when his physical form is asleep his astral self can control the body of any sleeping person and even keep them from waking up, better not speak of the things he can do in the dream realm)

Honor Avenger (your dearest Darwinist Dictator)
Honor Avenger (your dearest Darwinist Dictator)

• Open rpg
  • Usual rpg-rules apply
  • Please show respect to you fellow rpgers and ask them before jumping into their storylines
  • First post by me on Friday
Vinicius_Corvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Vinicius_Corvo

Wow this sounds awesome! I'm wondering, does anyone currently use a Joker alt? If not, can I use that?!

_Darkwing_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I played a videogame like this once. It would be cool to see someone who has a Joker account to bring him out of the shelf. *cough cough Puzzzler cough cough

Also, where is Rose? Does she still RP?

Vinicius_Corvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I played a videogame like this once. It would be cool to see someone who has a Joker account to bring him out of the shelf. *cough cough Puzzzler cough cough

Also, where is Rose? Does she still RP?

Lego Batman had this plot. Arkham Asylum is similar but instead, you're trapped inside the Asylum with all the villains.

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Honor Avenger
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Game time mofos

_Darkwing_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger

If she does decide she wants to join just change the name of the OP to hers. That's what I was thinking at least.

@vinocuous_corvo

I was kidding, besides I've always wanted to make one of these RPs.

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Nice. I think I can throw something interesting for this. Are we free to use the escaped meta-humans in anyway we see fit?

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akira_overdrive: Would be glad to have you aboard. And yes, use them as you like.

@_darkwing_: If she's okay with that of course. Didn't want to godmod her character into the asylum.

_Darkwing_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Darkwing_

@honor_avenger

Of course not, I'm just saying that if she wants to jump in it would be better to have her use the character rather than to have NPCs.

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Good luck with this.

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_darkwing_: Totally agree. Better to have pcs than npcs anyway if she's okay with that.

Vinicius_Corvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I can has Joker then? ^_^

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinicius_corvo: Of course! :) We could even have several jokeresque characters, if they are well-written they will still be different enough.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Drake

Oooooooohhhhhhhh, will be keeping an eye out for this.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The name Killizard makes me chuckle. Kinda makes me wanna jump in and do that thing I thought about with Anya.

But I wouldn't even......know.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some fun concepts here. I like the dream guy. Makes me think of ID Jr. or something.

When I look on them, quite a few of these give me thoughts, but I could never enact them all.

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: Haha, thanks. Killizard just came to my mind and it was fun. Feel free to use any of them and make up canon for them. You can also create new ones if you like. I'm pretty open minded as long as you have fun. :)

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger: It is fun! I laughed.

I'll certainly think about it. Though as I consider, there're a few alts I could see used here. At least 4. More, depending on factors.

This, is this all the doing of your character?

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Smiles was going to be in on this, oh well though ^_^

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: You are heartily invited. Your participation can only add to the colorfulness of this rpg.

It will all be revealed in the first post. I'm afraid you will have to wait till Friday. But a certain Viner also plays an important rule. But I'm still open to suggestions if somebody wants to become part of the background.

_Darkwing_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinicius_Corvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vinicius_Corvo

@the_puzzler said:

Well Smiles was going to be in on this, oh well though ^_^

Is he a Joker alt? Use him!

I'll use another character. I don't even have a Joker alt yet lol

Edit: DIBS ON THE PENGUIN!!!!

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger: I'll certainly be thinking about it.

Ohhhhh. I know what's going on. ~_^ At least I'm pretty sure I know in part what's going on. No suggestions from me. I do find the character pretty interesting, though. Makes me almost wish Toni were still around because HA strikes me as one who would've been a fun, interesting foil.

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: You do? Hehe, I'm getting predictable. It's a shame I missed Antonia in my absence. I hear so much about her but have never seen you writing with her. HA is fun, I like her and the level of antagonism she creates through her sheer concept.

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinicius_corvo: Well, we already have a Riddler-kind of villain (Enigma) and some crazy Joker inspired (Kidder) that you can use OR you can create your own Penguin-like char to counterbalance the other two and create a triad of crime. If you do the latter I might even edit my bio to include him.

_Darkwing_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman

This might actually be a perfect to bring put Ultraviolence out of retirement don't you think?

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger: No, no! You're probably still just as good as ever anyone was! I'm just very good with the mind. But I don't even know if I'm right! I just have a high degree of confidence! And...yeah, come to think of it, it would've been better if you came around back then. There was a lot going on and it was great. [Surprised and flattered you've heard anything (well, anything aside from anything I myself may have mentioned, but we haven't talked much).]
She's an interesting concept in herself, which makes her fitting in interacting with any number of other characters. We should arrange a date sometime. Maybe. >_>

Omega-One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh this seems fun. I'm jumping in :)

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: As far as I understood it Antonia was closely linked to the Knightfalls which are a big topic on the Vine and whoever manages to make a fitting opponent for them on more than the physical level tends to generate a lot of interest. And I heard a lot about Antonia's poisonous tongue that hit wherever it hurt ;)

Jessica (Honor Avenger) will obviously be out of Bedlam soon, then I'd love to arrange a play date. :D

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@autocrat said:

Oh this seems fun. I'm jumping in :)

Awesome! Welcome in!

Omega-One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just grew considerably. It stopped having my curiosity... It has my attention now.

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Bringing Glacier back?

@autocrat: Thanks for the hint on your identity ;)

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega-One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger: Actually the Knightfall she came closest to almost having to take it to was Cassius. And Zain. But the former backed down until he could calm himself and went to Japan, and the latter got hurled across Gothic City. She was mostly cool with the K-falls. Hehee, of course you'd have heard of the biting wit and the mind.

Be very afraid.....
Not really, but maybe a little bit. >_> Be uncertain, at the very least.

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooooh

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

CV doesn't let me create new accounts >_<

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lena_dante: Makes hypnotic gestures like the Kaa, the snake in Disney's Djunglebook.

@arquitenens: Everything that is so much appreciated by people whom I respect tends to gain my attention so it was no surprise I stumble upon her. But I also remember your writing in one of the first rpgs of the CVnU "The pursuit of life, liberty and Injustice". Gambler let you in his team with Arquitenens and he has a knack for finding talents.

Ah, don't panic. My writing isn't what it used to be. I'm slowly recovering but still not the form of the old days.

@autocrat: I don't blame you, always a pleasure to see you again.

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elliot might jump on this boat. First hero for hire job.

Either that or send some Mavericks in.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Last_Guardian

@lena_dante: Makes hypnotic gestures like the Kaa, the snake in Disney's Djunglebook.

Accidentally stares into her eyes

No Caption Provided

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger: Wow, you remembered me from that? Hrm....When I think back, LL had been giving me coaching and opportunities and things by then so I was getting better and feeling a bit better about myself in general, and after the first fight with Charlie people started to say "hey." Still surprised when they said "Join Quintus' resistance." I actually didn't think I did all that bad there, but I never really did much besides supporting roles until the Kejijo and Venezuela. And Abigail certainly hadn't had her footing yet. She was almost more of a support, though some part of me considered I could build her into the Professor X to Charlie's William Stryker and Amaranth's Magneto. [She ended up taking a life all her own, though.] To be sure, you're sure it was me you were reading? There were a lot of people there.

Actually I still feel like I'm not entirely recovered since returning from my summer hiatus after Antonia poofed. A bit better, bit more confident, but it's not like I'm wishing for you to be any worse of a writer so I'll feel good! ^_^

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: Hey, after all we were together in that. I do not tend to forget the people I wrote with. I'm pretty sure it was you. It was Quintus, Risky, Arquitenens, Cassius and Tranquil.

Ah, I'm slowly recovering. Already hurled out two posts that came near my old form so it's getting better. one as Despair and surprisingly one as Graviteen.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger: I was always so intimidated by Risky! But I remember I'd make remarks about her and Abby as the ideal partnership/team members because powers.

Sometimes your greatness finds you in the least expected of places. Then it's up to you to harness that. [And maybe I should start paying more attention to what's happening around here, or at least you. Scared now.]

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: No need to be. Always loved you and you should have known that ;)

Yeah, I also almost never like anything I write when I post it and then I'm pretty content with it afterwards. (I know what you mean, I regularly have the same wish but then it is so much work I simply can't keep up.)

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Warsman

@_darkwing_:

I'll do it on my own terms.

Ultraviolence is the kind of person to kill a few guards and line his cell with their skins before sleeping peacefully in it.