Inevitable_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Battleworld

No Caption Provided

The planet Eristes, better known as Battleworld, is the sole inhabited planet in a star system on the very edge of the Milky Way galaxy. It is unknown on Earth, but rather infamous among most space-faring civilizations. Technically existing within Imperium space, the Imperium forces have largely ignored it, as it contains no valuable resources and is of little strategic value.

Due to this rather dubious distinction, the planet has become a haven for intergalactic pirates, smugglers, slavers, and other unsavory types looking to lay low or otherwise disappear for a length of time; most law-abiding societies are unwilling to send military or police forces into Imperium territory, and risk inciting retaliation. Because of this, while a fugitive on Battleworld may need to keep a wary eye out for bounty hunters or undercover agents of whatever institution they’ve run afoul of, there is little to fear from anything resembling conventional law-enforcement.

No Caption Provided

As a natural side effect of this, Battleworld is not a particularly safe place to visit. The sprawling cities that have steadily grown without any thought to planning or long-term development tend to be run by gangs, crime syndicates, and the like. Violence is common, and depraved practices that would be quickly suppressed by outraged societies elsewhere in the galaxy are openly practiced. Virtually anything can be bought or sold here, provided you can make the right connections and not be robbed of whatever you intended to trade with.

Outside of the ramshackle slums that randomly dot the planet’s surface is a largely unexplored alien jungle. Predatory carnivores (of both the flora and fauna variety) prowling through the dense vegetation, deceptively calm pools of neurotoxic water, and rapid and unpredictable shifts in weather patterns make attempting to travel between cities on the ground all but impossible. Any number of down-on-their-luck spacers make a temporary living by shuttling travelers about the planet for those not wishing to come to a messy end in the wilderness.

No Caption Provided

However, it is not the cutthroat towns or the deadly jungles that have earned Battleworld its name. Under the direction of Zedracus the Inevitable, Eristes’ moon has been converted into a massive holographic facility, covered with arenas capable of replicating any conceivable environment. These arenas are the settings for the gladiatorial battles which give Battleworld its accurate, if not particularly subtle moniker.

No Caption Provided

Security here is as oppressive as it is lax on the planet below. Zedracus’ personal forces ensure a strict rule of law, and ensure that all combat occurs only within the arenas. Professional fighters, mercenaries looking to impress potential employers, and enemies of the Inevitable One sentenced to bleed for his amusement make up the majority of the combatants, although anyone who expresses sufficient interest and ability can participate in events that range from traditional one-on-one duels to mass melees and deadly obstacle courses. Warriors that catch Zedracus’ eye may well be invited to join his personal security detail.

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Anyone can come and go as they please on the planet itself, provided they have knowledge of the planet’s existence and a means of traveling there.
  • There’s nothing much in the way of laws in the planet’s many cities. Causing too many problems or too much destruction will likely bring a character to the attention of one of the many criminal organizations invested in maintaining the status quo, however.
  • The moon is slightly more restrictive; Imperium forces and registered combatants are permitted to carry weaponry, but observers and other guests must leave any and all weapons in their ships (all visitors are subject to scanning before leaving their hangar).
  • The majority of the security forces employed by Zedracus are Grizzlons. They’re not especially bright, but they are strong fighters, and don’t require much provocation to use violence. If your character is going to cause trouble, make sure you sell their abilities.
  • No special permission is required to take part in a gladiatorial battle; all you need to do is find someone to fight with and go at it! Conversely, just showing what your character can do in solo posts is also perfectly fine; the holographic facilities can create practically any environment and can even simulate any kind of opponent that isn’t available from the moon’s stock of fighters.
  • Descriptions of the planet’s cities and landscapes have been left deliberately broad and vague to allow for creative development; feel free to detail neighborhoods, NPCs, and alien creatures that suit your RPs.
Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Why a second one?)

Nina_Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inevitable_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to leave the link to the original thread here:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/rpg-9/battleworld-1539504/#400

It's locked, but everything that went on there is still considered canonical and carries over into the new one.

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then:

"I dont understand, father. You say I carry the power of this....New God. This, Champion. Why then am I not ready?" A fiery fist smashed through the Al'Shaytan's bedrock table. Courtesy of his latest bit of inspired ingenuity. "Cause Alexand" The resurrected Knightfall began to reply before being interrupted. "That is not my name."Scorned the False God. "Of course, forgive me. Because Lex. Having power and knowing when and how to use it are not mutually exclusive. I have taken great strides in cultivating your development. I'll not have you forfeit it simply because of some adolescent need to compete against the Universe's mightiest hero." Pausing, Raysh's ringed finger slowly tapped the side of his head. "Think Alexa...Lex. Think, There are a multitude of galaxies out there. Unknown realms and achievements far beyond the scoop of mortal men. You are but a handful of privileged paragons who can access them. The knowledge and skills you could achieve out there would only add to your strength. Do you wish to stay here and conform to the small minded imaginations of the limited? Or would you rather baptize yourself in the oceans of the unknown? As always, the choice, my son, is yours"

No Caption Provided

Proven and theatrical aspects of science had lent an unseen hand in the guidance of the Sapien Supreme. Exploring the unforgiving darkness of space, distortions in time and relativity had become a normal phenomenon. But exploration alone could not, would not, manifest itself in a manner beneficial to the False God. At some point contact needed to be made.

Weary and depleted, so far from the replenishing rays of the Earth's Sun, Alexander's powers began to falter. And as they did he fell. Plummeting through the atmospheric canopy of BattleWorld. And though he did not know it yet, his father's methodically planned lessons of intergalactic life were about to become a harsh reality.

Felix_Faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How have I not come here before with @_conquest_? Damn I was missing out.

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Conquest_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Conquest_
Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Conquest_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Conquest_

@alexander_apex: You got me all hyped up now heh. I'll prolly rename the alt first though.

Also. Are you gonna write independent posts or work with the interactions with other ppl as a background for the Main Man?

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_conquest_: They're open posts. If no one responds then I'll go solo.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_apex: I'll reply to that with Champ's son.

Also, am I the only one who is seeing loco narrative potential in a teamup between Conquest and Alex, LOL.

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_champion: That be dope! Been waiting to take this dude for a test drive.

No lie,Conquest looks like an A-Level badass. Team Pettis could finally be looking at some serious comp lol

_Conquest_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_apex: I'll drop something in an hour or so. Maybe sooner.

Right? I remember I had a battle with him with my Azure Son account. The moment I read that the guy has the density of a neutron star, I was impressed. He's like the Juggernaut. You can't hurt someone that durable unless you use antimatter or throw him into an actual neutron star LOL. Between him and Alex, I can see them causing a whole lot of trouble for everyone.

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking about tossing a Hound this way.

_Conquest_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Conquest_

@thee_champion: Oh my god, dude! I completely forgot about the fight, sorry. :I

If you want we could just give the victory to Young Cheezy (That's how I'm callin Leo from now on BTW.), it would give Conquest a reason to head to Battleworld.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_conquest_: No worries, mano. I've been guilty of that myself LOL.

Makes sense. You could even double team him with Alex and whoop Leo's ass LMAO.

Avatar image for deactivated-603254cf2e22e
deactivated-603254cf2e22e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_apex:

Tales told of a domain in the far edge of the galaxy, a haven for the star-faring warrior who seeks the thrill of battle or the scent of their own blood. Battleworld. It had, finally, after what seemed like eons of rumors and whispers, found its way into the New God's line of sight. A different New God however. A younger, but far more ruthless hero than the legendary Champion. He was in fact, the Herald of Hope's son, Leonel. Power, speed, toughness. He was his father's physical equal in every way. But his superior when it came to the sheer destructive capacity of his energy projection. Whereas Thee Champion, at his maximum, held the energy to do away with stars, Leonel could eradicate entire star systems.

And despite having seemingly been modeled after his father, blessed with the same chiseled, golden boy features and striking, deep blue eyes, the two couldn't be more different. While kindhearted and just on the surface, Leonel inherited far more from his mother, Ziccarra. For in battle, he didn't embrace mercy. He fought with an aggression unseen by many. He was relentless. Ruthless in his attacks, wicked in swagger, and cold in execution. He offered no second chances, and he enjoyed forcing the villain to experience the same sensation of powerlessness they forced on the innocent, he enjoyed making them meet despair and even fear before slaying them. And slay them he did. He had never been plagued by a rogue gallery, and he never planned on allowing one to.

Yet even he, the Azure Son, for all of the energy, monstrous in quantity, that was stored in his personal quantum dimensional state, could not remain entirely at his optimum after traveling such a distance. Even at the speed of light, it would have taken him many, many, many, many years to reach his destination. Instead, the New God innovated. Made use of a cosmic cheat code to exceed the light-speed barrier. And he did so by generating magnetic fields that enabled him to enter higher dimensional space, which enabled him to accelerate above and beyond what was possible under ordinary circumstances. But the generation of these magnetic fields came at a cost. His energy had been depleted. And though far from his mightiest, he didn't care.

He had reached his destination and was immediate in entering an arena for battle. He waited. Gone was the blackness of space with its starry background and occasional works of cosmic art in the form of nebulae etc. Now it was him, surrounded by an arena, spectators chanting for blood, with his eyes scanning, impatient for his adversary.

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Badass. Wont be able to respond until tomorrow though

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tell Azzy (whatever alt she's on) I'll hit her up when I wrap up at least one of what I've got going.

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son:

Remnants of what had, prior to his galactic voyage, been a ceremonial cloak of LoS distinction, were now tightly wrapped around his oversized fists. Aside from a forfeited pair of slacks, the False God's remarkable physique was bare as he sauntered into the open space of the arena. Adrenalin coursed through body with intoxicated excitement. Never had he felt such an overwhelming sense of theater. The crowd was crass, vulgar, blood-lusted. "What a glorious spectacle" he thought. Far removed from the disciplined displays of martial practice of his father's tutelage, there was something primal about BattleWorld's gladiatorial indulgence.

No Caption Provided

Across the sand covered testament of combat, Alexander's perceived opponent awaited. Even before L's self-gratifying entrance onto the stage of death he had optically scanned through stone and architectural augmentation in order to view his adversary. Too many similarities for coincidence, yet, too many unknown variables to confirm analytic fact.

Shoulders abroad, chest sculpted and extended, the False God stood with extravagant pride. Confident yet hinted with a drop of fear. Fear was not to be ignored but rather embraced. Fear was a natural accelerant. It heightened the senses, dulled the pain, motivated the impossible.

But as Lex's muscle's tensed with anticipation, seven more cages opened. Releasing seven unknown creatures from beyond the Milky Way. Instead of stepping at the unknown New God, L stepped beside him. Watching, waiting, and smiling. "So its to be a tag-match then..." he smirked.

_Conquest_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Conquest_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_apex: I like how Alexander doesn't really seem like he's evil, but he doesn't seem good either. He gives me the impression that he's some sort of Byronic hero or at least morally ambiguous and I think that's a pretty interesting thing. Loved the post. I should have something up later.

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_conquest_: Ha! Super-Selleck

@alexander_apex: I like how Alexander doesn't really seem like he's evil, but he doesn't seem good either. He gives me the impression that he's some sort of Byronic hero or at least morally ambiguous and I think that's a pretty interesting thing. Loved the post. I should have something up later.

Right? I have a broad idea of his direction but little to no idea how I'll get there. Or if. Who knows what'll happen. These characters sometimes take on a life of their own lol

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_apex:

It was a subtle form of acknowledgement, but for a moment, as brief as it was, Leonel's left eyebrow cocked. His eyes, pearls of deep blue, rested on the emerging image of his opponent. Drowning out the fervent chants for blood that the gathered spectators hurled from every part of the arena, the New God heard nothing. In his mind, silence hung in the air with the prominence of a force of nature. But he wasn't staring at his apparent foe. He was staring through him. His father's likeness was obvious on the man... or god's features. "Hmm. Alright, looks like I'm going to have some fun", he smirked, internally, at the prospect of doing battle with yet another being of god-like power.

Following his supposed foe's first step, Leonel responded in kind, bold as his footsteps brought him forward. There was a quiet intensity, a mute fire lit behind his eyes. Exercising his command over electromagnetism to force ambient particles into high-energy collisions, forging a mass of antimatter held and shaped into a longsword by electric and magnetic fields, the New God's swagger was natural, his style omnipresent as he twirled the blade in anticipation of the bout's beginning until seven more cages opened. Unleashed beasts of all manner of savagery sought to attack, forcing two titans into an unexpected situation, a team-up of sorts. Standing side by side with Thee Champion's clone, Leonel attacked first.

He superheated the air around the beasts, causing a rapid thermal expansion, the kind that leads to one of the most powerful shock-waves found on his home planet of Earth; thunder. From a far distance in the sky, thunder was loud. Its loud, sharp crack shook the foundation of houses and shattered windows. But what if it wasn't so far? What if it was simple inches from its target? The answer was simple. Eardrums would rupture, flesh would be torn, bodies blasted all about, and organs battered by vicious vibrations. That was what the New God sought to subject the horde of beasts to. To disarm them for but a moment, a moment his mysterious partner could use to deal his own mighty blow.

_Conquest_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son: You just inadvertently enlightened me about what happens when something as dense as Conquest hits another object. Mind=blown.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Alexander_Apex

@azure_son:

No Caption Provided

Astonished by the subtle ease in which his temporary counterpart had instigated a weaponized thunder storm, effectively destroying, nay, obliterating several of their would be foes, the False God had lost sight of why they were there. True, he had been tutored by the LoS, but such teachings had instantly become rudimentary. Perhaps that had been Raysh intent all along. Perhaps the Devil's Head had understood from the beginning that his assassins, formidable as they may be, were (and never would be) a match against the upper echelons. Against the New Gods. Against the Pettis' and Liafador's of the World.

The exasperated roar of the crowed snapped the Sapien Supreme back from his unintentional slip. Just in time to track the incoming fist of one of the surviving combatants as it crashed against his bare chest. He did not flinch or blink. He did not falter or premiere any visual tremor. Defiance and pride reigned with unwavering ferocity as he cast a look of indignation upon the recessed blow. Paced motion methodically governed Lex's hand as it slowly clamped down upon the creatures wrist, before wrenching it backwards with disturbing malice. Even as the helpless creature took to its knees its exaggerated physique towered over Alexander's own imposing posture. It's submissive whimpers feel upon deaf ears.

With little more perceivable muscle effort then that of a toddler, the False God kicked, and subsequently launched, the defeated alien across one end of the arena into the wall of the other. Dust and sand peppered debris cascading a thinning veil of the surfaces brief agitation.

Notably the cloned New God's approach was a far cry from the science deriving assault of his companion, but one must learn to crawl before it can walk. Rolling his neck allowing his head to sway across his shoulder's, L inhaled, "Next?"

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This place makes me want to destroy this place.

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_apex: That last bit where he's rolling his neck, that was f'n cool, LOL.

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Alexander_Apex
Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_apex: I'm gonna assume that's a "you're amazing and I approve so much" smile.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_apex:

Leonel was, simply put, impressed. And he rarely ever was. Yet the effortless swagger, tangible and true, that the False God showcased was worthy of praise. Any man or god for that matter, could learn to harness the skill of a martial expert. But style, that intangible 'it' factor that so few possessed, it was something one was either born with, or not. It was something his partner possessed in spades. With the last of their foes slain, the False God's inquiry, one that mirrored Leonel's own impatience for more opponents, echoed in the arena. And his request was answered. For next emerged a champion of the Battleworld's gladiatorial arena. Battle-scarred and proven, he was a crowd favorite, his utter lack of mercy and vicious streak, attributes that garnered adoration from the bloodthirsty spectators.

A cage opened, unusual in its gargantuan, physical dimensions. The ground trembled, then it quaked, kicking dust into the air with every reverberation. The footsteps grew louder and from the pit of blackness that masked the cage's interior, emerged what could only be described as a giant. He towered at eight feet in height. His skin was a pale red, his hair, bangs of black that stuck out in every direction like a wild-man. His eyes were white, menacing, and devoid of features. His bones were thick. Arms like tree trunks, barrel-chested and with mountains for shoulders. Genetics it seemed, made an effort with this creature to compile as much solid muscle as possible. He strode forward, the cloud of dust almost trailing behind him in wait, hoping for a slaughter as did the roaring crowd. His approach came to a halt some feet from the unlikely duo, and his hungry glare rested on them both.

"Heh.. you two?", he scoffed, the gruff, commanding notes of his voice hanging in the air with gravitas and power. "You're children", he insulted, entertained laughter escaping his rumbling chest, "I've never killed anyone with a curfew before", he continually mocked before abruptly, his disposition grew with austerity. "Yield now, and you will be spared. I have seen thousands of warriors like the two of you". Unfazed, Leonel's grip on his antimatter sword's hilt tightened and he smirked, cockily and with infuriating cool, but with reason, "Then count us as the last", he responded, bursting forward with violent intent, certain that his partner, the False God was likewise, unleashing his own herculean assault.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son: My face whenever I read one of your posts

No Caption Provided

Inevitable_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Alexander_Apex
Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Trinity-Blue

Haha! I lol.

And...

Yes. I dare.
Yes. I dare.

Inevitable_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much posturing and gravitas. I approve.

No Caption Provided

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_champion: Seriously though, couldn't have admitted a year or so ago, but you really are the standard son.

I'mma delete this in a sec so I'll never admit to having said it ;)