Battleworld

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By Oran
Ziah_Darksong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran said:

@night_dragon: Oh hell naw! Not on my watch!

No Caption Provided

OMIGOSH OMIGOSH RAGNAR!!!

*recruits!*

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ziah_Darksong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran:

I just started recently, it's such a f***ing awesome show. I just got to the part where Ragnar becomes jarl.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ziah_darksong: I completely agree :P But as a european I sometimes have a hard time understanding Ragnar.

Ziah_Darksong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran: I do too sometimes, every once in a while he does something and I think he has some kind of plan and then he just doesn't, like when he claimed Lagertha's kill of whatshisface, despite the fact that it did nobody any good and led nowhere.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ziah_darksong: Yeah...That the thing I didn't like at the first episode of Gotham. They basically killed off their greatest assets in the pilot + a chance to expand on the Waynes.

Ziah_Darksong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By Ziah_Darksong

@oran: Ugh, that sucks. I haven't even bothered with that show yet. Waiting for anyone to actually say anything good about it first.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ziah_darksong: Might take a loooong time :D But I heard Constantine was pretty damn good. I'll look into that.

Ziah_Darksong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran: That I can confirm, Constantine was epic. I actually reviewed it here, along with Paul Brian McCoy, if you're interested.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ziah_Darksong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_superior_sapien
The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@velaaru_of_illea: (if you dont mind, I'mma drop a post tonight and pick up we're I unavoidably abandoned the interaction) Hope thats cool.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Trinity-Blue
@velaaru_of_illea said:

@schlampe:

Vel turned her head from her glass of chilled milk at the sound of a voice -- one addressing her by her race. Something only a fistful of non-illians knew. But the voice wasn't Kelly's, and....

The alien turned her head to face the speaker, her misty violet eyes suddenly widening with a hopeful gleam. Vel let out a squee of excitement, flinging herself off of her seat to tackle-hug the former Destructor. "Maliciaaa!" she squealed, squeezing her slim, flexible arms around the shorter woman. "I missed you! I never thought I'd see you again! Are you okay? Where's Kelly? And you have the d'Aubigny? That's fantastic!" Her words came out in a rapid-fire stream, and after spending the last year hardening herself to everything around her, it finally seemed that seeing Trinity had allowed her to slip back into the guise of the same old Vel she had always been.

Trinity's stoic manner thinly veiled her mild irritation at being touched. She didn't resist Vel's advance, but didn't reciprocate either, the miniature collision giving her a slight push but broken by telekinetic bracing.

In truth she was almost as confounded as she was annoyed by the effusive display, and the feelings themselves. She had never been particularly nice to the Illian and didn't much care if she'd see her again. Even while adapting (gradually), she understood she still wasn't much of a pleasant presence, so the thought of anyone missing her - for the sake of herself rather than her as a tool - seemed bizarre.

After a moment of allowance, she pushed away, prying herself from Vel'aaru's arms, brushing herself off almost as if sweeping away dirt from the Illian's touch.

"I'm Trinity now," she said, informing Vel of the change in name preference as she'd previously expressed to the goddess. "Trinity Blue. Of course I am alright. There are no threats to me." She threw a brief callous glance over each shoulder, then back up at Vel, shrugging. "I have left the goddess and my master, and now I am here. She is on Earth."

Jungala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Jungala
Avatar image for velaaru_of_illea
Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien:

[ Go right for it. ^.^ ]

@schlampe:

The illian nodded slowly, her expression forming into a sort of pout as she listened to the girl speak. A new part of her, the hardened part that had only started to surface after she was left alone by Lady Liberty, nagged at the back of her mind that if Malicia -- err, Trinity -- had renounced Nordok, she may be a veritable wellspring of information. Maybe even make her crusade against Zedracus unnecessary.

But she couldn't think that way. Trinity was her friend, not a tool or a weapon, and now she was on the good guys' side! At least... probably. "Seems like there's no chance of getting the gang back together then," she said, a little wisp of nostalgic sorrow in her alien-accented voice. "What are you doing on Battleworld? This place is horrible. I've already liberated two people who were forced into gladiatorial combat and I feel that I may be only scratching the surface of the nnaraz."

A nnaraz, of course, being a mineral deposit found in Illea's scalding waters, a valuable commodity that lent itself in part to the nutrient injections that sustained the planet's people. Since they floated, much like D-082's ambergris, it was frequent that only island-like tips of the bloated masses were seen at any one time.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venus enters the battle world, he then finds himself a dagger that was placed in the lower stomach of a fallen soldier. "Well Well"

No Caption Provided

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, reciprocate, I meant! How the heck did no one tell me about that mistake? -____-

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velaaru_of_illea: "There is no gang," Trinity replied matter-of-factly, still knowing full well that her relationship with the goddess was yet tenuous, same for the humans whom she had initially wished to eradicate, having acted as something of a destructive force on their world from the moment she arrived. But something in her recognized the Illian's sadness and she gave her best approximation of consoling. "...Don't feel bad," she said in a rather commanding tone. It was all she could think to say. She knew her sociable limits, and beyond that she left it alone.

"Follow me." Expecting the Illian to follow, she turned and walked away, exiting the establishment. Starting down the street, she explained, "I came here...mostly to give you your ship. Also, it is an Imperium holding. That means it is worth scouting. Now, when....if," she corrected for decency's sake, "you fail to do what I assume you came to do, then I will do it in my own way."

The prospect of people forced into the arena lingered in her mind as a point of interest, but she said nothing about it yet.

"Take me to your quarters. I will give you your ship, but only if you survive. Otherwise the Imperium may confiscate it while you are fighting. The humans call this a 'bargaining chip.' It is not physical and not made of potato. Abstract...but like a hostage."

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna go there and rule the world

_WildChild_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By _WildChild_

@hylian: Not without punctuation you aren't, punctuation is crucial in the act of world conquering.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: Not without punctuation you aren't, punctuation is crucial in the act of world conquering.

Go back to your little Off-Topic Forums

_WildChild_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingvenus: Aren't you from mainly the Off-Topic forums? :P

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_superior_sapien
The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe said:

@velaaru_of_illea: "There is no gang," Trinity replied matter-of-factly, still knowing full well that her relationship with the goddess was yet tenuous, same for the humans whom she had initially wished to eradicate, having acted as something of a destructive force on their world from the moment she arrived. But something in her recognized the Illian's sadness and she gave her best approximation of consoling. "...Don't feel bad," she said in a rather commanding tone. It was all she could think to say. She knew her sociable limits, and beyond that she left it alone.

"Follow me." Expecting the Illian to follow, she turned and walked away, exiting the establishment. Starting down the street, she explained, "I came here...mostly to give you your ship. Also, it is an Imperium holding. That means it is worth scouting. Now, when....if," she corrected for decency's sake, "you fail to do what I assume you came to do, then I will do it in my own way."

The prospect of people forced into the arena lingered in her mind as a point of interest, but she said nothing about it yet.

"Take me to your quarters. I will give you your ship, but only if you survive. Otherwise the Imperium may confiscate it while you are fighting. The humans call this a 'bargaining chip.' It is not physical and not made of potato. Abstract...but like a hostage."

Vel'aaru blinked at the normally taciturn Trinity's flurry of verbosity, a good deal of it managing to go over her head. The illian girl had issues on her own when it came to the English language, moreso the nuances of metaphor. The concept of a reverse-deconstructed metaphor was confusing in the extreme -- but still, the plucky alien girl hopped off of her stool, finished her milk, and began to obediently follow behind. She needed her ship, as it was her only hope of returning to Illea... not to mention her only hope of safely getting the savage giant, Jungala, off of this planet that had become her prison.

"Why do you think I will fail?" she asked softly, seizing onto one of the few of Trinity's sentences she understood well enough to reply to. "I have survived against some of the Imperium's greatest warriors -- why do you believe that Zedracus will be too challenging for me to defeat? I have fought, bled, and killed to get where I am now. I'm not proud of it. But I don't plan to lose." She chewed her lip, tail lashing idly and expressing some mild agitation -- mostly based in her own concerns that she may be in over her head on Battleworld. Nonetheless, she began to lead the ex-Destructor onward, quickly gripping her with the Void and teleporting both to her quarters on the gladiatorial moon.

DarkKnightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By DarkKnightwing

Does extra-dimensional kidnapping count as a "viable mode of transportation?"

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Nordok  Moderator
Zera_the_Exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 Nordok  Moderator
Zera_the_Exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Nordok  Moderator

@zera_the_exile: Indeed? You have never been subject to anything beyond your control? Never steered by chance or fate?

Zera_the_Exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Zera_the_Exile

@nordok said:

@zera_the_exile: Indeed? You have never been subject to anything beyond your control? Never steered by chance or fate?

I did, once. I allowed misfortune to change me and steer me. I was once a girl who let circumstance have its way with me.

No Caption Provided

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Nordok  Moderator
Zera_the_Exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nordok: Nuh uh. I persevere.

Loading Video...

DarkKnightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The KnightWing, as he went by now, did not know why he had appeared on the corner of an empty street, but he had his guns, so he guessed it did not matter. He held up the computer that he primarily used for bounty listings and saw he had a new message. Dearest sir. Hoping this finds you well, and not dead. The planet you are on is orbited by a moon used primarily for gladiatorial combat. You have one day and an unlimited budget to spend purchasing weapons, which i believe you will find nearby. In approximately 24 of your earth hours, a creature will approach you. Tell him you wish to join the torunament. If your first opponent is the one called "Voidling" request another combatant. Observe her matches. Prepare yourself. Good luck. Sincerely: ///// KW rubbed his one uncovered eye, and set to work finding some guns.

DarkKnightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hours later, KW had almost exhausted his unlimited budget, but had much to show for it. He had purchased a large number of guns, explosives, knives, some very advanced body armor, that, he found, did not restrict his movement at all, and a bag that had almost unlimited space in it, so he didn't have to lug all the weapons around with him. He rented a cheap room and crashed. In the morning, he checked his clock. He gathered his things and returned to the corner where he had appeared. He had done some thinking the previous day, and the way he saw it, anyone who gave him a lot of money wanted him to do what they wanted. He, however wanted to leave, but the prospect of a challenge in this "Voidling" intrigued him. Then, a beast that one of the locals had called a Grizzlon walked up to him, and said, "You a fighter?" He said "If I say yes, can I be enrolled in the tournament?" "As it happens, I'm the captain of the guard here, so i have a bit of clout. Not enough to enroll you, but enough to get you to the moon." KW accepted gratefully. Later, on the moon, KW had gotten into a bit of a brawl. The four armed alien had been standing around, and KW had asked him how he could enter. He had said "You think I'm a fighter?" KW had replied with a nonchalant "No, more like a hireling of whoever runs this place, but I've gotta get in, so you can help, or get out of my way." He grunted and threw a punch. KW ducked and kicked him in the gut. He made a wild tackle, but was easily flipped backwards and passed out. KW then proceeded to throw a hook over the walls of the castle-like building to the left. He climbed up slowly, and hopped over the walls. He found a man standing with his back turned. "Excuse me, where can I find the bathrooms?" The guard turned in shock, and got a kick to the stomach. He was immediately surrounded by other guards, all looking angry. He dispatched them immediately, all except for one who was throwing daggers with strange accuracy. KW shot a single bullet, which ricocheted between each blade, deflecting them, then hitting him in the shoulder. Then an alien wearing robes came up and said "My, my. Very impressive, but how would you do against a real fighter?" "Try me," said KnightWing.

(This is open ended. Whoever wants to be who he "finds" to fight me can.)

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velaaru_of_illea: In the moment, Trinity paid no mind to the apartment itself even as it unfolded around them, task-oriented mind concentrated on Vel'aaru. Not proud of what she killed? The Illian was getting stranger with each passing moment. Trinity shrugged in response. "I simply don't believe in you," she answered. "You are clearly not a fighter, though you have defeated them. I don't know if that is the reason. There is...It is hard to explain. It is in the soul. As the outer, that of the cosmos," she raised her arm as to the sky, "so to the inner," lowering her hand and pressing it as a fist to her own chest. "It is within me. But not in you. Your failure, thus, is highly likely."

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe:

The illian girl huffed, tail lashing in aggravation. "I am a fighter! A warrior! I've done things that make me sick to my stomach and you get off saying that I don't have it in me?" Her brow furrowed, teeth gritting. The sudden flare of her anger was remarkably out-of-character, even for the more hardened Vel'aaru that had left the Necrommander's flagship. "If I don't have it in me, then why did I beat you so easily? Kelly wasn't the one who took your powers, Trinity. I was."

Jungala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velaaru_of_illea: @schlampe:

Hearing the rather animated conversation between the new arrivals, Jungala stepped out of the bathroom where she had been taking advantage of the parasite and neurotoxin-free water and sized up Trinity before turning her gaze to Vel. "New playmate, little Vel?" she asked, hand on hip.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jungala: @velaaru_of_illea: Trinity's brow raised and her lip curled up into a sneer. A loss to the goddess was one thing, even if both times Trinity felt Liberty won only due to underhanded tricks. But absolutely no one had a right to try and belittle The Destructor. Her social graces weren't strong, but aggression was hardwired into her very being. It incubated and fed on itself within her. The other presence may well have been a lifeless piece of furniture, for all the attention Trinity paid her. "You have done nothing. You merely..." She paused to search her memory for the proper phrase. "You piggybacked on what she'd already done, I was already down.And even powerless and weak as I was, you were scared out of your mind." Her eyes took on a violet glow and emanated what seemed a purplish mist. "You were smart, then."

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Nordok  Moderator

@schlampe said:

@jungala: @velaaru_of_illea: Trinity's brow raised and her lip curled up into a sneer. A loss to the goddess was one thing, even if both times Trinity felt Liberty won only due to underhanded tricks. But absolutely no one had a right to try and belittle The Destructor. Her social graces weren't strong, but aggression was hardwired into her very being. It incubated and fed on itself within her. The other presence may well have been a lifeless piece of furniture, for all the attention Trinity paid her. "You have done nothing. You merely..." She paused to search her memory for the proper phrase. "You piggybacked on what she'd already done, I was already down.And even powerless and weak as I was, you were scared out of your mind." Her eyes took on a violet glow and emanated what seemed a purplish mist. "You were smart, then."

Good...good. Your rage will call you back to your master's side.

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jungala: @schlampe:

Vel held up her bottom lip in something crossing between a grimace and a pout, as adorable as it was menacing. She turned to glance at Jungala, giving her a look that spoke only of mixed feelings -- whether to ask for aid or to shoo the amazon away.

She finally inhaled, softening her voice and looking back at Trinity. "I was a different girl, then. I was afraid. I'm still afraid of you. I'm afraid all the time, of everything. I live in constant fear." She chewed her lip, breathing out through her nose. "But Kelly had less powers than you did, barely more than a human."

Jungala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velaaru_of_illea: @schlampe:

Jun watched the exchange, quietly. She kept her expression deliberately neutral, giving nothing away to either of them. Despite Vel's power, she was inexperienced, and she would need to gain confidence if she was to have any hope of winning her upcoming battles. Whether the newcomer that the Ilian brought back with her realized it or not, this was a very important, very necessary moment for Vel to have.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jungala: @velaaru_of_illea:

For Trinity, downplaying the goddess was almost as bad as downplaying herself. But she knew the goddess had been "weak." Something about her was never the same after their first encounter. It hurt to think she lost because she was outsmarted just as much as it hurt to admit she'd previously been less powerful.

But the truth remained. Liberty wasn't a human. She was a goddess. And even without knowing that that meant, exactly, it carried some type of reverence. Even Nordok seemed beholden to her very presence. There was something there.

Trinity stood straight up and folded her arms. "Tch! She has tricks." She practically spat the word. "But I'm smarter now. Better. I've adapted. Always. I have it within me. Therefore, I do not fear nor regret my experiences, nor any person. It's the will of the Cosmos. As the inner, so to the outer, as above, so below."

DarkKnightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two weeks had passed since KW's first match, and he had not found a single challenge yet. His weapons had proved sufficient against most opponents, and he was slowly moving forwards in the rankings. He had observed the Voidling's matches. She was incredibly fast and strong. The next of her fights appeared to be an easy win. Her opponent surrendered before any real fighting could take place. KW's next fight was against a half machine thing that had guns coming out the wazoo. KW fired a single bullet, which hit him in the leg, then ricocheted around the sheet metal walls to hit him in the other. He crumpled to the ground in agony and passed out. "Victory goes to the KnightWing!"

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkknightwing: "Have you faced a telepath yet?"Venus utters in a sinister-like voice.