Battle of the Swords-RP(Non-Canon Fight)

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

The clear skies of the mid afternoon is always a good time to fight.Clouds slowly move towards north where the a light wind is blowing.There was a duel going down on this day and this day would be a good day for a duel.The fight was taking place a grass plains of which both of them could fight to there fullest.

One of the duelist the Cybernetic Swordsman waits for his opponent to come and get the fight started and see what they capable of.The Cyborg with his sword in out in his right hand.He waited for the Warlord of the East to come and see what the Swordsmen can do.He has many ideas of what he could do with his cybernetic mind but he needs to meet this opponent in order to figure him out. His visor open so his face could see his the fellow swordsmen.

No Caption Provided

@lune_noire

Untamed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Untamed

@shadowswordmaster:

No Caption Provided

Long ago, Masamune fought on the hills and plains of Isuldor. They were beautiful, green, and soft, quite the opposite of the sprawling deserts of the Great East. As soon as he remembered the color of grass, however, it became stained with blood. That was the only common trait with the dunes - that they were easily drenched in death. Masamune had no intention of dying here. He had climbed the Edge of the World and achieved the greatest life goal of any person within the confines of Skellbrieg. Now, he had proven himself to be one of the strongest from the Eighth Continent. Those beyond its borders, however, were a new definition of opponent.

One of them stood beyond the lush emerald valley, a man fused with metal, more clockwork than human. Still, he had the eyes of a warrior - a true warrior, not unlike the roaming swordsmen Masamune so frequently encountered in the mist. They burned into the Black Moon's soul. The samurai cracked a smug grin. He refused to act arrogant now, but he found pride in having lived long enough to see such a sight for himself - even with his one eye.

"I am Date Masamune. Before we begin, sword-brother, I must know your name."

He honored the mechanical swordsman by unsheathing a portion of his right-uppermost blade, his most reliable blade because it rested in the position of his default stance. Upon losing his right eye, he became predominantly left-handed. With the power of his stronger hand guiding the sword and his right directing it, he had a good chance of giving his opponent quite the show.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

@lune_noire:

This place was beautiful he thought in his cybernetic mind .He heard something and saw a one eye man in armor that is similar to armor that a Samurai would wear. Then the One eyed swordsmen finally spoke and gave his name and wanted to know who he was.Sawyer smiled a little and look into Date Masamune only eye and said to him."The names Sawyer and it is a honor to fight you." He got his sword ready by grasping it with his other hand preparing to strike or to defend himself from the one eyed swordsmen.

Many things ran though his mind , each one of them is way to fight the fellow swordsmen .He figure out a starting move to get this duel started .His visor closed to protect his face and with that ,he charged forward with his sword going to cut across the one eye swordsmen chest.He had calculated in his cybernetic mind that he would increase his speed to levels that of a gold Olympic runner and his slash would using half of his strength that he can muster, also with his adamatium blade would also help out in the duel.

No Caption Provided

Untamed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Untamed

@shadowswordmaster:

A reflection of the past versus a vision of the future...

Boldly sprinting, the cybernetic artisan of the sword reached out with a ferocious opening strike, claiming the first sparks of the duel. Masamune responded with the flat side of his blade, angled just so that the cut would follow its length rather than slam all of its weight against it. He needed to keep his weapons in as good condition as he could manage. He lunged underneath the monstrous power of the slashing motion, almost falling completely underneath the surprising force. He grunted and tightened his jaw in focus. Suddenly, he caught sight of Sawyer's leg falling with the pumping action of a heated hydraulic marathon. He would stop running soon, putting him out of reach for a little while. Masamune realized he could keep up with Sawyer if he had to, but the quality of his swords could not keep up with the unbreakable nature of the cyborg's technologically-advanced weaponry.

"Now!"

Pulling his sword out of defense and into a breakneck offense, Masamune darted in close like a scorpion finding its prey too strong for its claws and having to resort to its stinger. However, soon that proved ineffective. The second spray of sparks would shoot out if Masamune managed to discover that his opponent and his sword were almost exactly the same - both in maneuverability and material. No longer did Sawyer need to worry about the wounds that would have disabled normal men. The noble slash Masamune attempted would roll off his metal skin, sending only the residue of the collision flying through the air.

"As expected. He is a true swordsman, to go to these lengths, to bond with the same material as his sword on such a level! But, even the strongest sword can be cut in half. Even the thickest armor can be split! It is just a matter of calculation, and patience,"

Masamune examined the blade of his sword. The obsessive need to sharpen it came as a sixth sense, a second nature, and a compulsory drive. Plucking a blade of grass from near his feet, he held it inches away from the sharpest side of the sword before letting it slip from his grasp and flutter down. Once in contact with the sword, it fell on either side - carved in twain just by touching the cold steel. He confirmed his own skills against the future, his care for his swords would be a match for the man who truly merged with his weapon!

"I can see that this is going to be an interesting fight Sawyer! You guys on this side of the Edge are really tough! I didn't even manage to scratch you - I bet it was just the equivalent of poking you! But,"

He lowered the tip of his sword in Sawyer's direction.

"I only used the blunt side of this blade, to check if you were really wearing armor or not! I promise the next time, I'll use the edge - and cut you, no matter what you're made of! C'mon, LET'S GO!"

With a shocking burst of speed, Masamune challenged the mechanical maestro to another dance of death, each strike precisely aimed to test Sawyer's boundaries while also offering a solid defensive flexibility to fall back on. In an age where the old style meets new innovation, who could truly decide who wins?

Why, those fighting of course! No one can decide the future of the combatants other than the combatants themselves!

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lune_noire:

The clash of metals for the opening strike is what Sawyer suspected for the opening part of the duel.He was able to get some reaction of Masamune the One Eye Swordsmen but this fight was far from over.The technique that Masamune had is one that he has not seen in swordsmen that he had meet,this was going to be a learning experience for him.He was not know for using a style that is already in use but he would make his own.

He knew that the strike would not work , he though of many things that could but he was hold back.He had to be sure that this was not a weak swordsmen but what he could gather with the technique that Masamune used to deflect his open strike is a good one and one with style .Sawyer armored shell which is made from the same metal that made his sword adamatium which does come in handy but for this fight he made a big difference when fighting a fellow swordsmen. The strikes that came from Masamune swords did nothing but make sparks against like someone trying forge a new sword but this was not a sword but something that carries with him for the rest of his robotic life.

Then when duelist stop fighting for a break that would not least long at all.The fellow swordsmen reveal something that he could learn form for a future fight if there is one.He got a blade of grass and cut not with the side he used to strike him but the other side was the sharpest part of the blade which could be a problem in this fight but he would not use dirty tricks to win , no this fight was one of honor and skill with the cold blades.

Masamune the Master with the One Eye made a made dash right towards with speeds that he himself could do but this was not a cyborg but human of sorts.His scanners could not pick up the speed that Azure Swordsmen could not track down but he knew what was coming.He prepare a defense and with his blade meet the blade with the fellow swordsmen ,and in this defense he parry the fellow swordsmen blade with his own and thew blade clash was like two souls lock in a combat of the past and the future to see what could come out of it away , to make his strike at the experience Swordsmen.When the blades clash however he felt that that Masamune strength with his blade almost rival is own but he stand his ground for the time being but he need to figure out something that would end this.

"That was good strike Date Masamune and I commend you for your skill and bravery."He made a salute with his blade to honor the fellow swordsmen.

"Now it's mine turn for the strike."

He made a dashing that no human eye could see but if your a skilled swordsmen you might able catch it.He would make the strike not in front of the swordsmen but try and hit him on his left side and try to disarm Masamune with the strike.The power that he calculated in his cybernetic mind was to use more of his strength to slash at the left side and then make another slash at the crest of the One Eyed Swordsmen.

Untamed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The flurry dissolved into Masamune once against forced into a defensive position. He had made his preliminary efforts in breaking Sawyer's impeccable swordplay, but the cyborg had no tricks to play. Raw skill won him the initial combat as Masamune leaped away in a mutual agreement for pause. Sawyer honored his foe just as the samurai had done earlier - by lowering his sword in his direction. Masamune smirked.

"What a cocky bastard!"

"Sawyer! When I'm the world's greatest swordsman, I want you to try every single day to overthrow me! That's the natural instinct of every swordsman, right? To be the best! Then let's not hold back, for the sake of the honor understood between true samurai!"

Holding his sword over his head, left hand gripped closest to the tsuba guard, Masamune prepared the universal counterattack that he had been achieving over the course of his encounters with powerful warriors from the demon world Ragnarok. It simply meant that any attack he could see, he could interfere with. In an instant, the system had its first test against an opponent not even Orloff's cronies could match in combat.

Sawyer aimed for Masamune's left side, an honorable notion considering his handicap towards his right half. Masamune barely managed to interrupt the flow of the strike with the broad side of his katana, intercepting the full brunt of the harrying blow - but Masamune noticed something about it. Normally, a swordsman making a killing move such as this one would not hold back, even if it meant breaking through the katana to connect it with the intended target flesh. There existed a lightness about the strike, meaning that the monstrous strength would be moving elsewhere - and soon!

Closely following the patchwork of biomechanical musculature indicating a twirling motion, Masamune calculated that Sawyer knew that he would block the first part of his ferocious onslaught. The second half included a death blow to his unprotected head area! And with the broad side of Masamune's blade caught in the crossfire of the premier attack, Sawyer also calculated that with the speed involved, Masamune would have to sacrifice the supreme cutting edge of his masterfully-crafted katana. He had been caught in a classic trap imposed by ronin that were abnormally quick on their feet. He smiled, knowing that he had at least some practice against such uncommonly strong individuals.

He still had his right hand directing the katana, not influencing its power in any way, shape, or form. So far, he had used his left hand solely for strengthening purposes. Now, he incorporated a necessary balance between the two, tightening his focus around the tsuka handle with both hands. The style of kendo, though foreign to his Skellbrieg blood, flowed into him as if he had always known. The monumental clash between the swords rustled the grass even some thirty feet away and further. Amazingly, the older style of sword withstood the adamantine blade of its future form. Masamune dug his feet in. From here on out, it would be a storm of blades - and he wanted the first cut!

His eye shone with a righteous fury. He gritted his teeth and attempted to throw Sawyer off-guard with a thunderous shout, the meaning of which could not be clearer: "I am not afraid! Death rules us mortals, but I am not afraid! I steeled myself for this day, and I will not surrender! Even if I die, I will crawl back to my feet and fight!"

With his heart on fire, Masamune could not be within a more perfect distance to unleash the full power of his one-sword style. An ideal kendo-based grip, incorporated into a genius mind that began to read Sawyer for the swordsman he had become, decided the ebb and flow of the samurai's precise and deadly attacks. But, in the midst of the raging tornado, even a master needed to beware the skills of another master. Sawyer would not allow this victory to come easily, or at all if he could help it.

Both of these warriors, each from a different time, wanted to become the best of their combined generations. The clouds gathered overhead - the theater of the gods watching the crowning of the next great swordsman.

No Caption Provided

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lune_noire:

This duel would be a one to remember and one that change both swordsmen for the rest of there lives and beyond that.His moves against the Masamune were good but he could do better.He knew a few things about his opponent and that he has able to defend himself with the moves that he had and used are one of the best he had seen.That using his blade as both offence and defense weapon fro fighting is important that is what he learned.

After the dust settle between the two swordsmen and the clash of the blades stop for the time being .He heard Masamune yelled at him attempt to make him afraid or scared but no he would not back down at all.This made him get into the battle more and kick this up a notch for he had an idea .

He knew what he could do , didn't not know how it would end ,but he knew how it would start.He made sure that his visor was off of him show it would show him his face and his red eye that was glowing .He made sure that he was ready more what was coming at him.Sawyer had an idea and that idea involved electricity and cold steel.The two swordsmen were ready to kick this up a notch but who will be the one that would come out of this fight the victor.

Masamune charged right at him with a style that would make a lot of swordsmen proud and feared , he was proud that he was able to fight with a opponent with style and determination.The sword was coming right at him but he was able to figure out how to block but would it hold with so he had to make a choice that he would regret in this fight.

The blade was heading towards right at him but he uses his right arm to block the blade coming right at him .He felt the blade going straight into his armored shell and though it entirety which made the metal arm drop into the ground. Masamune swords was able to make another dent or a slash down the middle but it was not deep enough to do him harm.

Sawyer then with his another arm with his sword still in his other hand,he started to electric the blade so that he would started to spark with enough volts to shock a human but not kill anybody.He aimed the blade right at Masamune and attempt to do a combo which he would have a onslaught of strikes right at him but with one arm it would be prove difficult for him to do but he could do it.

"Let's get this fight start with more sparks shall we ."He said before the onslaught of blades was coming right at him.

No Caption Provided

Untamed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Untamed

@shadowswordmaster:

To be the best.

Every swordsman has this innate urge to challenge other swordsmen. Whether they were born on the battlefield or trained by their wise masters, all swordsmen are born with an ambition. They could live with this pride and use it for good or for evil, as it often led to inspiration and the gathering of comrades. But no matter their differences, all swordsmen are bonded together by a single dream: that their swords will be raised above all others, that glory and honor will be theirs in spades as soon as the title of greatest is bestowed upon them.

To be the best.

It is a dream that has crossed the ages.

Even with his outdated gear, the Black Moon stood proud of his heritage. He fought Sawyer not just with the weight of this age on his shoulders, but also the hands of those he had defeated guiding him.

"If I die here," Masamune began, chips of armor falling from his body. Slight blemishes in his clothing started appearing with the gentle breeze knocking them off their last fleeting threads. Sawyer had placed his cuts well, going so far as to draw blood more than a few times.

"If I die here, then the ones I have already beaten cannot rest easily in the afterlife! I'd be doing them an injustice, to have come so far and not obtained the ultimate dream! You're standing in my way, Sawyer, and I cannot die now!"

He grunted, seeing Sawyer's determination despite only having one arm. The tenacity moved him. He looked at his own arm, the one mirroring Sawyer's disabled limb. The very idea sickened him.

"But, I cannot fight knowing that I have such a distinct advantage. I respect you too much to use both hands while you can only use one. So,"

The samurai maneuvered his left arm - his strongest arm - into the folds of his uniform, locking it between his undershirt and his back. For added measure, showing Sawyer the intended honor he deserved by discarding his visor, Masamune unclipped his helmet and set it down with care on the ground.

"Now we are even, and this fight can proceed without hesitation!"

"Damn, what am I thinking?"

The one-eyed samurai knew the extent of his hubris once the lightning began to crackle on Sawyer's adamantine blade. Such a display would have been confused for magic back on Skellbrieg, but somehow Masamune realized long ago that Sawyer did not practice magic. Instead, the level of compatibility with his sword achieved astronomical heights. With his own body, he became an electrostatic engine, churning out arcs of miniaturized plasma bolts focused into non lethal shocks. Still, the idea remained the same. Sawyer had cranked the level of this contest up a notch, and it would be downright cowardly not to oblige.

"Alright, I'm getting fired up!" Masamune howled, the spirit of combat racing through him again.

Flipping his sword so that the kashira end cap pointed upwards, Masamune planned a dangerous strategy: reverse-grip battojutsu. Sheathing his sword, he planted his feet about a yard apart, insides facing inwards, his toes staring ahead. He gripped the handle tight, preparing for the worst. If he failed, then lacerations and minor shock would be the least of his problems. He had to throw his right side forward, something he had never become fully accustomed to, and unleash a flurry of attacks with the kashira end cap acting as a buffer against the initial shock. Then, with Sawyer - hopefully - distracted, Masamune could then move into a gutting slice that would benefit from him tucking his only exposed arm close to his body, which would give him a boost in speed, but also leave him more exposed as the acceleration buildup would make it more difficult to break the cycle of momentum. Nevertheless, he put his strategy into action.

Like playing a harp, Masamune darted in and out, keeping mindful of the necessary blocks and countermeasures to ensure that the timing matched perfectly with his plan. He dared not to defend with a punching strike, more to the effect of stabbing at a mosquito with a pencil, matching each attempted dive as they came and making sure he did not get bitten. Such a challenge became increasingly difficult with each deflected strike until the inevitable happened. A rogue slash happened upon his jawline, almost puncturing his jugular. The blood hardly left the wound before Masamune saw the perfect opportunity. Lunging with the motion, the samurai avoided getting cut any deeper while at the same time finding the ideal angle at which to eviscerate his robotic opponent. He ducked under Sawyer's sword, the droplets of his own blood cascading down on his head, and brought his right arm - katana in tow - across the front side of Sawyer's stomach, hoping that he would succeed in this hazardous ploy.

If not, he would have to find the proper defensive strategy - and fast!

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lune_noire:

Sawyer is use all that he could think of at this point,well he could do more but the lighting was pushing it. He knew that he was on the point of using more technology then skill at this point and he didn't want to come down to this at all.The lighting on the blade was a idea that could work but never actual working in reality and his ability to use one arm to fight his something that he tried but always seems to be difficult to do.

His sword slashes at Masamune were working but they were only temporary until he could think of another idea to fight him.Sawyer knew that this swordsmen was going to be tough and might lose to too him if he is not careful enough.

Masamune's armor and body was giving in and victory seems to certain for him but there not always a certain victory ,that hold certain defeat.

He saw the what i looks a dance of death that Masamune was doing right now ,moving around and missing his slashes each time that he tried to attack him with his blade but with inly one arm what can he do.He notice that Masamune was using one arm to fight him making it a fair fight.He was glad that he was facing someone with honor with him.Then it came the move that he didn't see coming a move that might cost him the match or even his cybernetic life .

He was caught off guard by the sudden movement that Masamune was doing was distracting him and then something happen that he didn't see coming at all.When he was blocking and making sure that the blades were getting block but he didn't see that one move where the one eye swordsmen went under the his blade and went straight to him.The blade went not in his stomach but right though it.The blade though clean cut him in half going across form left to right.Slowy and a surely his upper body slowly hit the ground and his lower part just fell where there are.The speed that Masamune did to make the move was one of the best moves that he saw and was glad to be a part of it.

Although he is still alive and he was operational but he could not use his legs at all but he could still talk .

"I did not see that coming." He said on the ground and surprised about the move.

Untamed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster:

Breathe. The first droplets of rain from the impending thunderstorm washed the blood out of his hair, making it stain his face.

Masamune, shocked that the improvised reverse-grip battojutsu actually managed a wound so severe, whipped his sword through the air, whisking away the mechanical maestro's noble ichor from its gleaming surface. He would have to sharpen it when he returned home. The cutting edge had become pitifully dull by slicing into the adamantium man's body. He knew that a second strike would be impossible. The samurai sheathed the extension of his swordsmanship and knelt to the ground next to Sawyer's upper half. He removed his left arm from inside his clothing. The fight had been won, at least it seemed to be, and Masamune had no intention of making the honorable notion in the midst of battle a sarcastic statement during the aftermath.

"Sawyer, you fought like a true warrior, worthy of the legends that will be told of your exploits," he lowered his head, curling into the posture of a knight prostrating himself before his king.

"I refuse to see you like this. Is there a way for you to become as you once were? Tell me, and I can help you make it happen! It is the least I can do for what you have done for me today!"

The wound on his neck spurted a bit, the pressure of his jugular vein forcing some of the blood out in patterns. He simply grunted and tore off a piece of fabric from his tunic before wrapping it around his throat and tying it off, sealing the cut. He knew that any closer and Sawyer would have taken off his head. He smiled at the almost fatal gesture, respecting the cybernetic swordsman even more.