Aventus' Letter

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

King Aventus' cloak comprised of vividest green swept across the cold, grey and stony steps of his castle as he strode downward into his personal chamber adorned in utmost magnificence. His hood was lowered, mahogany locks and urbane countenance exposed in the further absence of his mask. His gaze was resolute, his face surprisingly absent of a grin or even a smirk. And soon, he'd arrived at his destination, at the doors fashioned from silver and gold, that lead to where he took rest.

In an instant, Aventus seated himself beside his bed. And from within his cloak, his metal-clad hands had withdrawn an old, ivory, and astonishingly well-kept bit of parchment. It was a letter, one that he himself had written, dating back to the days of Old Archium - to the days of his noble princehood. Dante took a deepened breath, scarlet yet hospitable eyes flickering downward as he unfolded the letter and read:

Bianca,

Have you been okay? Has the healing been going well? Its been a three weeks since you've returned to the palace. You haven't been sending any letters by owl since you went back home to see your family, so I wasn't sure if you were alright or not.

Have you told your family about... well... I know a lot of things have been hard... I haven't been sleeping well, or all that much, knowing that I failed to protect our baby before it even came from the womb. Its been hard getting my mind on anything else...

I love and miss you, and I hope you'll be able to return to me soon. I need you, more than you know, and I I hope you'll be able to make it to the coronation next week.

Dante,

A bare trace of an solemn twinkle flickered across Dante's eyes as his read concluded, the near 500 year old parchment vanishing amidst a mystically beautiful haze of gold. He'd reclined backwards, chin comfortably rested on his palm as numerous thoughts whirred about his head. Thoughts regarding his flourishing kingdom, and the people he so loved. His rule brought him and his subjects contentment, but his iron fist ruled companionless. He was a king, a boon, a visionary. He was what he wanted and needed to be.

But he was lonely.

Asmodeus_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do actually wonder whatever did happen to Bianca.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lichter

Heartfelt, man. Loved it :)

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Thank you :)

I do actually wonder whatever did happen to Bianca.

Dante's daughter (From the future)? I made her bio (and introduction) but scrapped the character altogether. Might bring her back, who knows.

This Bianca is another character altogether.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beautiful, nicely written.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers