#352  Edited By Trinity-Blue
No Caption Provided

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ren_: "Impressive. Very well done," Antonia commended with a slow clap, pulling herself off the other side of the generator obscuring their view and sauntering around it so she could meet the infiltrator face to face. She wore an amused smile, which, after a second's contemplation, momentarily turned to a dry grim of annoyance. "For you, that is."I'll have to punish those morons for becoming too reliant on the AI, she thought to herself. For the test on her staff, the automated defenses themselves had been disabled and switched for manual operation, forcing the human elements to operate as they would without aid of Aeon.

Compounding this, the entire ordeal was conducted as a single-blind experiment, those security forces made unaware that they were being tested in order to ensure full accuracy in a natural setting, forewarned only that on that day, during an undisclosed time period, Aeon would not be aiding them. To someone's credit, the scene in the restroom sparked an alert, but for all their efforts, the professional trespasser managed to outwit and outmaneuver them at every turn. Her skill was not to be underestimated; if she wasn't the best person suited for the job, and Antonia's plans in general, she wouldn't have been hired; but as far as Antonia was concerned, they couldn't afford to project anything in the way of leniency on those whose jobs determined the safety of the lives of so many others, and the success or defusing of potential threats to billions of dollars.

Even still, she took it for what it was: an assessment and learning experience. Allowing positive affect for the renegade's efforts to show on her face, she met her with an amiable greeting, extending her hand as a professional in their first face-to-face meeting. "I hope you've got time to stick around for the debriefing; should be fun seeing their faces when they see the one who put them to shame like that. In the meantime, assessment?"

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ruby_Waters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: No! Watching you two go at it would be worse than watching all the episodes of Dragonball Z, filler included, uncut.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the spirit of Q, the Avalon family is hosting a viewing party for Pacquiao v. Bradley II. Attendance is mandatory (that means you, Ren), as is rooting for Pacman.

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Places a large bet on Bradley and bribes the ref.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Not sure if that's a compliment or insult O.O *gets lost in translation

Ruby_Waters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By Ruby_Waters

@legacy_: It means you'll both take forever to get anything done!

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like that I'm already being cemented as the anti social one

Ruby_Waters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Attends in secret

Ruby_Waters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By Ruby_Waters

@gambler: I swear that just said Quintus Knighfall.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: in Scarface voice "Chou talkin crazy maaaain"

Ruby_Waters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Ha! I mean I guess so.....I'm a wee bit faster though >.>

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:

How can you still name-change!?

Moderator with gifted subscription :)

Ruby_Waters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By Ruby_Waters
_Higgins_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: @rosso: Out of that bug suit, and right into a tight formal suit. Higgins sat in the board room, sipping from one of the glasses provided and hell even the water tasted top notch at this business. Antonia sure had made a name for herself, making her one of the most difficult women to even catch a glimpse of her let alone arrange any sort of meeting.

Luckily though, a bug like Higgins made it to where corporate titans stood, finally having a chance now to get some answers.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:

How can you still name-change!?

Moderator with gifted subscription :)

But you know you can't change back now, right?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@ren_ said:

But you know you can't change back now, right?

U were saying? lol

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do subscribers only get to change their name once? :\

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_higgins_: [Gonna move this to a not-board room, since board rooms are for members of the board.]

Accompanied on either side by two security guards, Antonia entered the small, dark meeting room wearing her usual impassive face and demeanor. Her presence cast a calm, yet subtly imposing bearing over the small room and both guards were instructed to wait outside, but with a small crack left in the door just in case; one could never be too careful with a meeting arranged like this. She greeted with a light smile and a nod before taking her seat, clasping her hands over the table. "To what do we owe this meeting, mister....?" She trailed off, leaving the floor open for whatever he had to say.

_Higgins_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: "Higgins, miss. I actually came here today to dig up some history of yours, from Kamelot." Though Higgins sounded professional (something he learned as an agent) he was actually extremely intimidated by this woman. He pulled out a photograph of the newest Noir Rose, Antonia in costume during Gothic's recent fiasco.

"This uh..Woman has been seen in Gothic, Kamelot and around the other caped vigilante, places you have been. What I am asking you miss is...Would you happen to be in contact with her? I know that's a longshot and it might even be stepping on toes but I really wanted to speak with her." It seemed Higgins really didn't know Antonia was the woman in the photo, if only he knew how close he was.

After meeting her on Gothic, it had become a goal to speak to her once more.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_higgins_: "A peculiar inquiry indeed," she remarked coolly, surveying the photograph for a moment, just as she would any other. "Obviously Knightfall inspired...Did you actually see her in action? If so, did she seem like a legitimate...vigilante," the somewhat oxymoronic thought sparking an amused smile, "or one of the cheaper attention-seekers?"

_Higgins_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: "I saw her go toe to toe with some sort of assassin. Long story short? It was some of the best combat training I have seen in some time, and I have been around.." The look in Higgins's eyes on sincere. Being an M.H.A agent led him to witnessing Arcani warriors flawlessly flay people, meta humans able to grab a bullet with their teeth..And yet this costumed woman seemed to be holding up well on her own with no apparent powers.

"This was the real deal. She was alpha as f- Eeeh you get the picture."

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_higgins_: Although amused by the bumbling image he projected and near slip-up, Antonia played to the way she was almost always viewed in the workplace by outsiders, and simply gave him a dry glance, then attentive toward the photograph once more. "Where and how recent was this picture taken," she further inquired, appearing genuinely curious in her asking.

_Higgins_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: "Gothic city, the raids? That's when. I had these lenses on at the time, able to snap photos and deliver them to a wireless source. Every time I come across a super hero I snap a picture, consider me a bug of sorts that gets around unnoticed. And if you happen to know her? Tell her not to worry, I don't upload these or anything stupid like that." Higgins smiled sincerely and pushed the photo closer to her, hinting that it's hers to keep. "That's the only copy now, right there."

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_higgins_: "Well, Mister Higgins," she replied, pulling the picture closer but leaving it where it lie so she could look at it awhile longer, "there are a lot of these imitator types in cities all across the country. Not all skilled, but the skilled and unskilled alike have been coming to us since Kamelot, asking for help, funding, and the like." Then folding the image and placing it on the inside of her jacket, she returned to him her full attention. "I'm not sure how likely it is that she's one of our regular askers, considering there are companies on the east coast, much closer to Gothic, but we'll be keeping track from now on. If she's as good as you say, maybe we should be funding her. Unless of course she already has someone," she added in a low voice, indicating it was said more as a note for herself, accounting for as many possibilities as were open.

_Higgins_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: "Funding her might be a good idea..I mean as long as you don't slap a bunch of promotional adds on her costume. Like in Mystery Men, ever seen that? Never mind. Man I wish I had some funding, I'm going to be straight with you Ms. Dain. I stole this suit, and don't even get me started on my other suit! You're actually having a meeting with a pretty poor man.." Higgins chuckled, only to make himself feel better.

It had been a month since he was released from prison, and suspended as an agent. That meant to government pay for a decent place even. Nevertheless, Higgins cleared his throat. "I should probs be on my way. You seem to have alot on your mind. Here's something to reach me with, if you happen to get a hold of her." The pest smiled and placed a bug shaped communicator on the table, straightening his tie and getting ready to leave.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_higgins_: "Careful what you say, where you say it," Antonia warned, motioning toward the ceiling, indicating the presence of cameras or some other form of monitoring. "I don't wan to be dragged into anything if you're brought up on a charge," painting first the image of self-interest before allowing a bit of room for generosity. "If we find anything out, we'll let you know," she assured, taking up to leave herself and following out into the hall, whereafter one of her previous security detail was instructed to accompany Higgins on his way out.

_Higgins_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Twas fun ^_^ Antonia is intimidating!)

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_higgins_: Yeah, hehe. Good stuff. There is a time and place for every demeanor. At least you're better off than Noah Addams.

_Higgins_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: I think everyone is better off than Noah Addams

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia:

Grasping Antonia's hand firmly, Mackenzie made physical contact, maintaining the shake for the proper duration before releasing. "Thank you, Ms. Dain." Retaining the called upon proprieties, the renegade took a casual look around the room, pulling together her mental assessment of the run she'd just conducted.

Switching from casually social grace, to a work-related laser-focus. "I wouldn't have made it half as far as I did with your AI systems in use. However, I would suggest more...mundane improvements. People will think to shut down the overall AI, and I'd be shocked if they were able to with your system and everything you've accounted for, but if you set up a more remedial system for some functions, such as dispelling knockout gases in the hallways, that would provide another layer, and people often miss the obvious. Hardwire it to a silent alarm, if tripped, gas dispels. "

Renegade replayed every modicum of the op through her head, piecing together possible fixes for what she'd managed, knowing full well that the AI threaded through the building was unfoolable. "It was easy to lift the key card, remedy would be two-fold. Provide anti-theft training to employees and employ physical guards at crucial checkpoints in times of heightened threat, instill a bio-scanner, either retinal or fingerprint. Even then...it's easy to fool. No run of the mill criminal is going to be suicidal enough to attempt something here. If you want to go deeper and cycle back around to basic, post guards to physically check that ID's match as a backup."

The corner of her mouth quirked as she narrowed her eyes, as if lost in thoughts on some other world. Mackenzie had a natural aptitude for technology, specifically when employed in weapons, and for security systems. She'd spent a good chunk of her life breaking into them, whether for the occasional assassination or to procure or deposit some wanted item.

The systems here were some of the best she'd ever seen, to say the least. In truth there were only one or two other systems in the world that could even hope to compare to the illustrious technological marvels being utilized in Avalon.

"I'd love a rundown of your AI's capabilities, if you're comfortable in providing that at this time."

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By Antonia

@ren_:

Readily absorbing every suggestion as it was spoken, the mental information was personally filed in various schemas, from "in progress" to "consider further and look into," but the inquiry that followed legitimately took her by surprise. Even still, her features remained measured as ever, allowing just a flicker of excitement to shine through her eyes.

"There may well come a time when you may be provided with some of the details of Aeon's functioning. But I'm afraid, at this time," adopting a perfectly mimicked Andalusian accent, she left the thought incomplete, Aeon carrying it home in the absence of her finish.

"We haven't cultivated the necessary trust for me to be sharing those bits with you, bella."

Waving it off with an amused smirk, Antonia resumed the seriousness of the business meeting. "Physical guards should be easy, and rather cheap at that. Not too much trouble. Gas is a little more tricky, at least if we're planning on getting all the workers to agree to it. Hopefully preservation of all their hard work is incentive enough." Problems with the AI weren't something she was extremely concerned about; even if someone was somehow able to manage such a thing, she learned from Andres the value of keeping low-tech or no-tech backups, for data and defenses alike.

"And then there's the training..." A coy grin spread over her face as she circled the newcomer pensively. "If you would be willing, I'd like to enlist your services, at least part time in helping with training, and the potential application of your skills in field settings. You would be compensated generously for your time and efforts, of course."

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia said:

@lady_liberty: "Of course. How else do you think we keep Trinity satisfied?" It wasn't that hard, to be honest. The girl was generally easily entertained; a surprising knack for learning, and with a place to let loose, she was perfectly fine.

"We've got a few facilities for that. What you're looking for sounds...experimental, in which case, you're looking for something on a more private level. I've also got my own personal facilities on my own levels; you're welcome to those if you'd like, and we're working on getting one down here. Work in progress. I'd be happy to tag along and take some data for you, if that's alright."

"Sure, no problem." The heroine nodded gratefully. Training was important, especially for her as she had spent so many of her years on earth with different powers.

"Don't let me pry, but what were your thoughts on the Arcani situation?"

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: Already beginning to lead the way out of the secret hideaway, the two stood on the elevator, headed up, when Liberty posed her question. Leaning against the wall, Antonia tilted her head curiously, shooting her a quizzical look. "I've got a great many thoughts on the Arcani situation. I doubt we've got time to go over them all aloud. But I'll allow you to pick my brain...but just a little," she joked, motioning as such with her fingers. "Concerns, plans, overview...What kinds of thoughts are you looking for?"

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia:

"My primary concern is that we've been playing defense for too long. We strengthen our defenses, mobilize the heroic community.. and wait. That means the Arcani can pick their target, attack when we're at our weakest and devote larger chunks of their resources to offence while we burn up most of ours on a static defense. We need to hit them hard enough to put them on the run for a while."

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: "Ah, so it's that you're asking about. Fair enough," she shrugged. "We'll keep this conversation confined to my office, or elsewhere on those two floors, due to the sensitive nature. Aeon, have Trinity meet us there. She should hear this too."

It didn't take long at all for the elevator to reach the top, and just a short while longer for Trinity to arrive. For once, she offered a greeting without the typical hardened glare, though little time was spent on greetings. With the wave of a hand, Antonia motioned for both of them to take to the seats across from her desk, if they should choose to do so, while she planted herself in her usual position.

"You're right. Perpetually playing defense is what made Kamelot such a burden, with the attention that it drew. Add to that the fact it was poorly defended, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

But not this time. We have so much more leverage this time." There was an almost giddy gleam of excitement in her eyes as she leaned forward in elaboration. "We're better equipped, we know more, and we have a significant degree of control over the terms of engagement. It's no reason to get cocky or careless, but you could let it boost your morale a bit. And if not, fake it. People could use that in times like these, and everyone looks up to you. During the incident in Gothic, I managed to scout some new talent, and I am looking to put them to use. Plans, I have many. But you've definitely got a lot to say for experience. I trust you're fully willing to lend an ear, point out faults and make suggestions?"

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia Walks in the front door, Immediately causing an alarm. Strapped with his usual selection of weapons the remaining Knightfall stood still tilting his head towards the security forces. Placing his hands in the air and stating loudly even from beneath his mask as soon as the security advanced "I mean no harm, i just want to talk to your boss. If i have to do so in one of your little security cells, by all means lead the way. But i need to talk to her all the same"

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to attack this place until I read the OP....gotdamn lol

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owen_porter: It's because you thought it was so pretty that you'd hate to be mean to us, right?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@antonia: Ha! Yeah we'll go with that (it is an awesome OP though, for real).

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: @antonia:

She set and listened to Antonia's explination and felt a twinge of hope. The Avalon CEO was smart, smart and resourceful. Despite her youthful appearance she was ruthless in the service of justice. Lady Liberty approved. One could not defend the weak with half measures. The worlds heroes attempted to save the world by half measures and only saved half the world.

Just as she begin to respond she overheard the chatter of a bluetooth in the ear of a distant security guard. Her brow wrinkled. "Interesting. Your security has intercepted a man in a red mask. He wants to speak with you." Masks meant one thing: Vigilante. Nine times out of ten the only people who could handle vigilantes were other vigilantes.

"I'll go talk with him. Hopefully he isn't an assassin trying to get to you the easy way." The heroine stood and made her way to the elevator. A few moments later she stepped through the doors of the high tech elevator into the lobby.

"Morning." A casual nod to the crimson-masked man accompanied her words. "If you would like to join me we can have a conversation in a secure pod. If you don't turn out to be a psychotic killer or a human time bomb then its possible the CEO will chat with you." Liberty turned and motioned toward a service stairwell that lead to a secure pod.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: (Haven't forgotten, gonna get this either a little later tonight or tomorrow <3)

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ren_: I'm resisting the urge.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers