Athens

This topic is locked from further discussion.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By 614azrael
Silently Az cursed now she'd have to get her sister something, not exactly easy. Still she'd try "the shadows and phasing I got down the other stuff though sounds helpful....can I repaint it though doesn't match my wardrobe." The crimson haired demoness remarked making light of the situation.
  @Angeni
Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By Angeni

@614azrael: "Repaint it?I advise you to seek a cyclops in one of the forges as they were the one's who created the Helm of Darkness," Helena said, hugging her sister tightly again. The forges are white marble columns lining walls stained with soot. Chimneys on the roof pump smoke over a gable with carvings of gods and monsters. The forge is located at the edge of a stream, with waterwheels spinning bronze gears. Always, citizens hear machinery working, fires crackling, and the sound of hammers against metal. Inside are tables full of projects and weapons, and a big wall map of the city, used to plan traps to catch trespassers. Cyclops' are often, or always, working in the forges.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By 614azrael
She smiled huging her sister briefly "il have to go there soon make it more fitting....i look a lil diffrent then Hades you know" her words teasing as she shoulder bumps her sister playfully. "Anything you need love, or can I get myself comfortable in my new home?"
  @Angeni
Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Angeni

@614azrael: Helena nodded. "I think it’s time I got some sleep. It’s going to be a full day tomorrow, with finalizing all the plans for my battle, and I want to visit mother’s temple." She kissed her sister's cheek before turning around and exiting the palace.

Azrael Palace has been added!

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#205  Edited By Rumble Man

@Angeni:

"I would love to partake in that offer, however...

Fowler made a quick think about his decisions but is waved by her gentle smile

I would like to stay away from moral quandaries as best I can. The very fact that you offer me a place in your army is good enough for me, but In terms of moral obligation I am on neutral ground for personal reasons. I am a weapon, made not for good nor for evil just made to fight.

Upon hearing the description of her army the fifteen foot cyborg gave a wide grin

I respect your choices in military, avoiding discrimination when it comes to other native species of they mythology and utilizing their natural skills to their advantages against opposition. I want to fight alongside my greek automaton brethren."

"After discussing some of the terms of her offer he reminded her of a historical mistake that should not be repeated"

"Lets hope that you do not repeat the mistake made by the roman army, as they rely too much on call-up citizens and the obvious lack of a permanent army. Then they decide to replace them with landless city folk and new citizens from out provinces. Men who gave allegiance to their commander, not the state and that commander who is expected to pay in state supplied money or land. Better training for legions and essentially private armies for each commander. Which might sound nice until the commanders went glory hunting going places to make conquest and kill barbarians while trying to take control of the republic. Caesar eventually came put on top, only to reduce numbers from 60 legions to 28. Changing their job from conquest to defense against insurrection and foreign invaders. The lazy guys decided that workforce should be from conquered barbarians rather than their own citizens then during the fifth to the sixth centuries the western part of the roman empires are overrun by barbarians, while the center shifted to the Byzantines which ironically used also a small army of barbarian mercenaries"

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By lady_liberty

@Angeni: Chuckling and waving my hand. 'No no, in fact I have just joined the Justice League.'

_Alistar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By _Alistar_

@Angeni: Alistar stood in front of the Palace of Helena Sol. He watched at the impressive building, dressed in his Warrior form at the base of the building, and with each step up, a smirk began to form across his face. This smirk was not one he held before a battle, but this smirk was because in a few moments he would be face to face with Helena Sol the legendary Queen of Athens.

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Angeni

@Rumble Man: "Do you really think my military and city would end up like the Roman Empire? The Roman Empire was too big to be defended. Of course, it was always attacked many times but when barbaric tribes felt Rome was weak they simply went to get it all. Serbian, Spanic, and specially Germanic tribes were invading the Eastern Roman Empire and the Romans didn't have enough soldiers and strength to defend the boarders. The Romans recruited many soldiers from outside Italy into the army but their loyalty was indubitable.The training of Athenian soldiers started when they were boys and girls. They were sent to a military boarding school, at age five where they formed a class with other boys and girls their age. Their education emphasized physical, mental and spiritual toughness and could be quite brutal. They where taught to endure hardship and pitted against each other in fights by their instructors. Their entire lifestyle was focused on military training, wisdom, strategy, and war. A few hundred Athenian men and women could take out a few thousand of the enemy; such was their amazing battlefield warfare. However, the Athenians heroic code, was to not retreat, and not give up. Even when they lost their shields or broke their blunted down spears and swords; they died fighting tooth and claw.

There were many problems in Rome. Their production system was collapsing since they didn't dominated neither territories nor slaves. Many Romans had to pay huge taxes that hurt the economy and trade. Rome wasn't the biggest city in the west and it's importance on Europe's economy was falling. Other city's like London, Berlin, Milan but mainly Constantinople were getting more attractive to make business and were becoming capitals of growing empires.Athens has a variety of products that are unique and many traders come to our city to trade.

One of the main reasons for the fall of the Western Roman Empire is that Rome could not find a new leader to rule the empire. Emperors get overthrown before they could take full control of the Empire. Another reason for the Fall of the Western Roman Empire is that diseases killed many Romans and effected the population and Rome`s moral. You do realize that the people of my city love me and my mother? I have done things no ruler has ever done. I assure you we have no diseases due to Apollo." Helena smiled brightly, sharing all her knowledge on how the greatest empire collapsed.

@Lady_Liberty: The princess stood there, shock written across her distraught features as the woman revealed she now was apart of the Justice League. "Why the sudden change of heart? I thought the League of Shadows had offered you paradise?" Helena asked with a curious look.

@_Alistar_: An old tall soldier approached the man with one hand on the handle of his sword. "How can I help you stranger?" The man asked with an eyebrow raised. Argos is one of Helena's best men and one of the soldiers who accompanied her on her quest to kill the Kraken when she was a child. He is one of the best archers of the Athenian Military, and a veteran of many battles. He was clever, and a good fighter.

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Clara Mass

@Angeni: I just replied to our pm xD

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Rumble Man

@Angeni:

"Greece was perfect because it had controllable city states, and the people were loyal unlike the roman military who was more akin to mercenaries. Your citizens are admirable as they are al warriors, so they are safe from people like me in some cases. In terms of trade I can foresee your advantage when it comes to resources and divine blessing. But recently with the Flop of the european union I hope things will come to improvement in your part, back then the fall is in the leader and now the fall is in the currencies. "

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Angeni

@Rumble Man: Helena bowed slightly. "Thank you," She said before studying him closely with her ocean blue eyes. "So you were created to battle? Hm.....I think you would prove useful to my military but you must swear loyalty to Athens and myself."

PaperRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#212  Edited By PaperRonin

Damn. All these places I need to visit.

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Angeni

@PaperRonin: LOL!!!

PaperRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#214  Edited By PaperRonin

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Angeni

@PaperRonin: Thank you! I am still working on it actually lol. I'll be waiting. ;D

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By lady_liberty

@Angeni: 'Well I'm not really sure what caused the change of heart. But.. there was one.' Shrugging, and chuckling a little. It didn't due to question myself to much, I did what I did and thought what I thought.

_Alistar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By _Alistar_

@Angeni: The man looked trained, but Alistar wasn't here for a fight, he calmly said with a smile, "I've come to see Helena Sol, well of course."

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Rumble Man

@Angeni:

"I was made to battle but I chose to fight, a war field would only serve to broaden my horizon but my thirst for stronger opponents would only grow"

As their eyes met his left eye peered deep into her azure gaze

"I fight on nobody's side but I will help you when and if only when you face overwhelming odds in terms of a strong or perhaps 'stronger' adversary. In terms of overall military I can lend some of my technologies and even extend a bilateral treaty which will give you my aid in times of great need. I only want access to Hephaestus' forges to see some of my automaton ancestors"

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Angeni

@Rumble Man: Two people betrayed her: her patron god and a woman she considered a best friend. Helena had saved her friend from Polyphemus but was betrayed by her a couple of years later. "Why should I trust a member of the League of Shadows?" She asked curiously.

@_Alistar_: Suddenly, a tall and fair-skinned woman with straight waist-length black hair and blue eyes exited the palace entrance. "Greetings and welcome! I amHelena Sol" She said, taking a step towards the man and her loyal soldier. The soldier bowed down. "Princess Sol! I did not expect you to be here as I thought you would be at the temple" He said, looking up at her. "That will be all, Argos, thank you." Helena watched as her best soldier took a bow one last time before returning back to his post.

@Lady_Liberty: "Perhaps it was something you witnessed? I do not know, but I am glad to have you on the right side." Helena said with a bright smile.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By lady_liberty

@Angeni: 'Indeed!' Returning her smile, and chuckling. 'So this is your home? I have to say its very impressive.'

_Alistar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By _Alistar_

@Angeni: Alistar was thrown into shock as the beautiful woman stepped out. Alistar took a step back, his weapons were already gone, just his armor to protect him. As the experienced soldier Argos left, Alistar met eyes with the Princess of Athens, he took a knee, bowing his head. "Princess, it is an honor to meet you." Alistar had no idea about Helena, but the Warrior's spirit had taken over him once again.

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Angeni

: "Thank you. The Athenian legends of their own earliest days say that this city was founded about 1550 B.C. by King Cecrops, who came from Egypt and gathered many people and built a city upon the steep rocky hill which we know today as the Acropolis, the sacred hill of Athens, the height which bore all of her most beautiful temples and statues," Helena said, "What brings you to my city?" She asked.

@_Alistar_: "What is your name?" The princess asked him, her voice sounded soft and kind, with the softest melodic sound, like snow falling on water. Helena wore a silky blue fabric dress with gold detailing.

_Alistar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By _Alistar_

@Angeni: "I am Alistar, owner of the Warrior's Spirit." he rose up standing tall, with a hood covering his blonde hair. It was the first time, he had ever called it the Warrior's Spirit out loud. He stood there, looking at the beautiful city around them, and then finally focused back on the princess.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By lady_liberty

@Angeni: 'Well King Cecrops built a beautiful city.' Turning my focus back to the warrior Angeni. 'A rather important matter, is there a place we can speak in private?'

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Angeni

@_Alistar_: The princess looked up at the man with an eyebrow raised, lips pursed before she smiled and extended her hand. "What can I do for you?" She asked curiously.

@Lady_Liberty: "Follow me," Helena led the blond goddess toward her palace which was reached through Athens Market. Arriving at the palace, Helena walked up the stairs and entered the palace itself, and found themselves in the main hall. "Is there something wrong?" She asked, turning around to face her new teammate.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By lady_liberty

@Angeni: Joining her as we travel though the classical palace, I take some time to admire the art and skill put into building the city. With their limited tools and education compared to today the Greek world was truly the birth place of the western world. 'In fact, yes. And its a problem I can't solve on my own, I need your help. If your willing that is, I would understand if you held ill feelings over my time in the League of Shadows.'

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Angeni

@Lady_Liberty: Helena never liked when her enemies made peace with her. She always felt uneasy around them, as if they would turn around and suddenly stab her with a sharp blade. After the goddess had lost her husband at the hands of her once friend, Helena never wanted to trust anyone again. This time, though, she would have to trust people again if she wanted to go back to being the woman she once was. "What is the problem? I am willing to help you."

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Rumble Man

@Angeni:

"Ask yourself another question dear, do I look like an assassin to you?"

Fowler emphasized

"The only reason I join teams is to seek worthy opponents, I just happen to be an assassin because those targets often die before I finish my combo. Thus 'weak' bodied individuals refer to me as assassin but able bodied 'combatants' refer to me as a warrior.I came to the legion to learn more combative arts and joined the other group to further my skills, that has been all from the beginning"

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By lady_liberty

@Angeni: 'The problem is Paradise. Its a place where some of the worst monsters in human history run a town, and also a school. A school for children, and it trains them in the ways of evil. Trains them to be serial killers, to be murderers for hire, to be the worst of the worst.' The thought disturbed me, I admit. It was a terrible thing what they were doing.

'But I cannot bring and end to this reign of evil on my own. I cannot free those children myself. I've come here to request your aid Angeni.'

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Angeni

@Lady_Liberty: "I willingly accept," Helena said after a few moments of thinking. "Mortals from all over the world already suffered enough. They deserve to have a peaceful life." She declared as she thought of her fallen men who gave up their lives trying to restore peace.

@Rumble Man: "How do I know you won't betray me by helping the enemy? As you stated you lust over battles which is leading me to believe that you would betray me in combat." Helena wanted to trust the man, but she was having doubts due to what he told her.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By lady_liberty

@Angeni: A warm and genuine smile spreads across my face. 'Thank you Angeni. We will need your warriors skills and spirit.' The people who would be spared a horrible fate thanked her too. Her assistance would save many lives.

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Angeni

@Lady_Liberty: "You and I will be a great team. We will bring peace to the galaxy," Helena promised, extending her hand out.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Rumble Man

@Angeni:

"Combat has many forms my dear, combat as meant in death and combat as a competitive form 'sports', I wish to challenge you and your husband in competitive form because you opened your hand. I also do not wish to waste strong opponents when they are considered as 'friends', but In terms of aiding your forces I am merely a weapon. A sword if you will serves best in the field of battle, sheathed within the bones of opponents and not used in peace time to trim over grown hedges. What I do is fight so please use my aid to that aim, not to end conflict but to help advance your strengths upon the fields. When you see an adversary then you have my assistance, summon me as I am. A companion in battle with intent to help in matters in which I can offer help. My terms are simple, use me at a time of need and allow me access to the holy forge for pilgrimage"

Fowler reassures her that he means no treason but that he is free

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Angeni

@Premonition: Ixas led the military down towards the dock at the front of the city. Helena hovered above the boat, and landed down in front of the man, before halting her military from attacking the ship. "Orpheus Ziev? I am quite surprised to your face." She raised an eyebrow.

@Rumble Man: Helena took a deep breath. "I need time to think. Time to figure out whether or not to trust you, and I certainly can't do it when you are around. Forgive me, but my trust with people has vanished after being betrayed by my own friend. I shall contact you once I made up my mind." Helena bowed respectively before turning around and making her way toward her palace.

(Do not worry she will begin to trust people again. ;D)

_Alistar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By _Alistar_

@Angeni: A gold aura surrounded Alistar, eventually covering his whole body and in a flash, he was just a normal blonde 23 year old, with a white jacket and blue jeans. He took a hold of her extended hand, shaking it. "To be honest," there was a slight difference in his voice as he spoke, not a warrior/fighter like, "Princess, the Warrior Spirit drew me towards you." He held the red cross necklace in his hand, "I have no idea, I swear this thing has a mind of it's own."

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By lady_liberty

@Angeni: I accept her hand with a smile. Perhaps this is the beginning of a long and prosperous friendship. 'Lets do that.'

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Angeni

@Lady_Liberty: @_Alistar_: (Replying tomorrow guys. :D)

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Rumble Man

@Angeni:

"Then until then I will be off island, specifically speaking I will be swimming around Athens to enjoy your seas and visit the coliseum to enjoy you pankration matches alongside with your local pugilistic and grappling matches."

Fowler leaped a prodigious distance to welcome the ocean, staying his body on the warm waves as he makes his laps around the island

(well in both cases when she was betrayed the perpetrators were powerful women, take that as you will.)

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Angeni

@_Alistar_: Helena studied the cross with her ocean blue eyes. "Warrior's Spirit? I do not understand." She said with a puzzled expression as she tried to figure out what he was talking about.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#242  Edited By Legacy_
@Angeni : In the future 
Helena Troy 

Clara Mass 
Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Angeni

@Closure: ROFL!!! "You look nice. Who dressed you, the Great Depression?" LMFAO!!!

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Surkit

@Closure said:

@Angeni : In the future
Helena Troy

Clara Mass

Relevance points for the name drop xD

Austri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Austri

Red made his bi-weekly visit to the Olympian market. He has always been on a pretty strict diet to say in shape and the market solids some nice stuff so he was attracted to it like a moth is to light.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#246  Edited By Legacy_
@Angeni: LOL! I immediately thought of the two.   
@Surkit: #GifKing
_Alistar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By _Alistar_

@Angeni: "I sadly know about as much as you. drawn to this thing." He rose it to eye level, "Now gifted with weapons and abilities, great warriors dream of." Alistar sat down on a near stone statue base. "I wonder why it brought me here, to you."

_Lucifer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By _Lucifer_

The blonde haired slim man sat down at a table in Azra's Palace and ordered red wine.

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Angeni

@Premonition: "The Olympic Games are usually held every four years, but you may watch my people participate in Capture the Flag. Capture the Flag is a long tradition in Athens and is held everyday. When playing Capture the Flag, the competitors go into the forest, where all the monsters are. It is a fairly dangerous game, but it is beneficial because it provides my people real life training needed in order to survive outside of Athens. There is a flag on each side of the forest. To win you need to bring your opponent's flag across the border." She smiles brightly.

@_Alistar_: The goddess thought for a moment, finally nodding. "Are you able to turn into this warrior? I would like to speak with him."

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By 614azrael
Alezra Roxom was never one to shy away from conflict rumor had it this man would like to see her so she was happy to ablidge. Besides anyone to attack her in her own home was an idiot. Every shadow served her and housed secrets, the dining hall no exception. Like much of her palace it was a blend of multiple cultures freeing anyone from fealing subjected to inferiority. Dressed in a simple black dress there was no indication of a threat carried by Azrael beside her obvious confidence in her self. A zombified corpse coming to take the blonds order as the redhead witj blazing emerald eyes took a seat. "I presume you know, just in case though. Im Alezra Blair Roxom, more comonly known for going by the name of my father Azrael. And the list of ranks and achievments is a rather long one."
  @_Lucifer_