Anchorage: A Prelude to Disaster (OOC)

Mister_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mister_Blade

"As you all know, it's been seven years since China declared war on the U.S.A. in 2015." C.I.A. Director Giovanni 'Blade' Castello stood side-by-side with President Samuel 'Demosthenes' Clark and General Jonathan 'One' Parker in front of a large crowd. Heavily armed and armored soldiers surrounded them and other high-ranking U.S. Government officials as they spoke, the crowd utterly silent. "It's been a long war, and a hard one. The battle for resources has seen many a small nation laid waste, the United Nations disbanded, and Tel Aviv destroyed by a nuclear attack."The crowd and officials alike stared solemnly at either the man speaking or nothing in particular, stonefaced as the painfully recent events of the devastating war were repeated to them. "I'm not gonna sugar-coat it, people. The oil's damn near run dry. Wars in the middle east have stopped due to a lack of purpose, and the Chinese have invaded Alaska for use of our pipelines. The New England area has separated from the rest of America, becoming a collection of independent nation-states. World superpowers, including America, are under threat of nuclear attack. Things aren't looking good for this great country."The cyborg General One's unnerving face-screen idly flickered, the disgusted visage resembling the man in the moon from the classic silent film, 'A Trip to the Moon.' "But things are about to change. In these times of despair, the men and women serving this country as technicians have taken it upon themselves to research and develop technology that can turn the tides of this war in our favor. Research has come far enough that I and my fellow officials are ready to release information to the public. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the MAGNUS Mk 1."A large, American Flag-print curtain split behind them, revealing a squad of soldiers in full protective body armor. "Based off of technologies invented by Anthony Stark, we seek to make equivalent armors standard issue to front-line infantrymen. Boasting the strength and durability of a personal tank, and advanced hydraulics allowing not only for speed not to be hindered, but even increased, the MAGNUS armor is going to give us the edge we need to take back Anchorage."The armored soldiers began to display their capabilities, running a live-fire obstacle coarse separated from the stage and crowd by reinforced glass. Through this coarse, they showed their abilities to quickly navigate the complex coarse, while simultaneously surviving multiple bullet impacts from automated sentry turrets and returning fire with great speed and accuracy. "The resources in Anchorage will give us the fuel we need to take the fight to China, and take back what they've stolen. This war is coming to a close, people of America. It'd been a hard fight, but estimates show that unless met with further complication, our objective should be complete by fall of 2027."A suited man approached Castello, whispering a short messages into his ear. As the suited man left, the Director turned back to the microphone before him, the armored soldiers behind him striking various poses before taking the stance of a salute. "Stay safe, stay informed, and stay supportive of our boys in Alaska. Any support to the fight for our country is much appreciated. That is all."The government officials filed off each side of the stage as a patriotic tune blared throughout the area, the armored soldiers beginning to pose and march as the crowd cheered.

The first suits of MAGNUS armor were being deployed on the Anchorage frontlines, boasting the unmentioned features of thermal scanning capability to counter Chinese cloaking technology and heavy protection from harmful chemicals and radiation alike. The frequent use of cloaking technology and chemical/biological warfare was best left out of the public. There had been in the years prior to this engagement a surge of new troops to train and equip, patriotic propaganda drawing new men and women to the front lines of Anchorage. Metahumans were encouraged to join, each being evaluated to be equipped to best suit their abilities, an advantage America had over the Chinese in the fact that metahuman heroes and the more seedy metahuman mercenaries alike flocked tot he United States. The defense budget was higher than ever, allowing for mercenaries to deployed nearly as commonly as American soldiers, giving them sufficient force to contend with the shockingly large Chinese military. Of coarse, the front line work wasn't all that was taking place. Some jobs required a scalpel, rather than a hammer. And that's where Giovanni Castello comes in. The Blade. Now director of the CIA, Castello remains one of their top operatives, his skill unarguable. He would be commanding a small team of hand-picked operatives, soldiers, and mercenaries he saw fit for the job of sabotaging the Chinese's primary defenses at Anchorage to make way for the larger brute force of the MAGNUS troops led by General Jonathan Parker, also known as One, the cyborg responsible for the Registration Act of 2015. Despite Castello's speech, victory was far from ensured. The Chinese had been working on similar technology in secret, and despite the best efforts of America to bolster their numbers with propaganda and mercenaries, had strength in numbers, as well as a defensive position at Anchorage. They were no stranger to teams like Castello's as well, and would almost certainly be guarding their vulnerable points with a combination of brute force in standard troops, and cloaked snipers that troops without access to MAGNUS armor lack the ability to detect. It wouldn't be easy, but that's precisely the reason they sent Castello. He was good at what he did.

No Caption Provided

OOC

• This takes place in the year 2022, and is therefore non-canon. Feel free to imagine your characters as they would be 7 years from now.
  • Keep in mind that the world is different here. It is mostly dominated by world superpowers at this point, such as America, China, and the still-intact Soviet Union. It's a war-torn reality, rendering many modern luxuries nonexistent.
  • You can join on America's side, China's side, or be less directly involved. If you sign on with America, you can choose to be a part of Giovanni Castello's small stealth squad or a part of General One's larger assault on the front lines.
  • Again, this is non-canon. Feel free to drastically change things about the world as you see fit, anything goes in non-canon land, and I don't plan on describing every aspect of the world or the people in it. Use your imagination!
  • Other than that, standard RPG rules I guess. I've never been much good at OOCs, but here you go!

(By the way, if I'm doing anything with you on one of my various accounts, sorry, but it's probably going to stop here. I'm planning on making this a high-maintenance RP series, and will be reviving a similarly high-maintenance RP int he near future as well, and a combination of these will most likely take up all of my time on the RPG forum. I apologize in advance if I just threw you under the bus.)

Hack_Rat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hack_Rat

right Now I am a 16 year old Hacker and I thought over the years he became more serious about his work and made a suit based from the Magnus suit but with different components so this is a perfect time to use it the suit looks like a titan fall pilot suit specifically for fighting and Hacking/ jamming electrical items.

The Suit
The Suit
Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the whole future thing a turnoff?

I feel like that's why people are avoiding this like the plague.

IronPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geth: Pwrsonally I'm just swamped at the moment between RL and the RPs I'm already in. This does look interesting though.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geth: Pwrsonally I'm just swamped at the moment between RL and the RPs I'm already in. This does look interesting though.

^^^

There are like 2 events going on and other smaller arcs I'm apart of. Plus, I gotta do stuff when aliens inevitably thought.

And there is also the fact that future maverick may give people nightmares

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironphantom said:

^^^

There are like 2 events going on and other smaller arcs I'm apart of. Plus, I gotta do stuff when aliens inevitably thought.

And there is also the fact that future maverick may give people nightmares

Maverick probably already took over the world at that point.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IronPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IronPhantom

@geth: Seems like a solid plan. If you can wait that long.

(And forsake "Test Your Might")

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SharkToasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has the time finally come?

*winks so hard eye collapses into singularity*

Needs some HEAVY revision (new characters, new universe, the OP is kinda shit), but stay tuned. I think I'll be ready to launch after all this Nhumrethaz business.

MonstersAndMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh, time to get CHAOTIC!!

I wonder if I'll change much in 2022. Hm.......