Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maverick_6
No Caption Provided

There he stood. Not in the advanced special operations shadow company gear he normally wears. No, the dark skinned man was wearing a suit as he sat at his desk, chair turned facing the window as he looked at what was seemingly another day in the city of Denver, Colorado. Nemaz watchedwhat seemed to be the busy streets below as he waited patiently to meet a new hired mercenary who wanted to join the company. With even the average troop not having benefits but making 93,000 a year being paid two hundred fifty dollars a year, who could blame him for wnting to join him.

This mercenary in particular had a peculiar background to Nemaz. Am mutant, and a former Nazi. Experienced. Unorthodox weaponry. He was one Nemaz wanted to meet personally. Being in a private military corporation such as Maverick was different from being a mercenary who took any job just to pay the rent. The corporation in itself was an entity which prospered naturally from answering the call to war, and to killing those undesirable people. It was a business. A shadow company with a shadow image. And Nemaz wished to see if this applicant (@stachel) had the qualifications to be an employee at Maverick....

(OOC)

• One on one thread.
  • Commenting allowed, however, use spoilers.
Stachel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: Stachel had been looking forward to this meeting. He had worked as a mercenary on much smaller scale, typically taking private contracts. His men were not loyal, and had no incentive other than their next paycheck. A ragtag team at most, men came and went, dying or quitting. Being a both a mutant and a former nazi, Stachel's contracts were somewhat limited. He hoped to stop that by signing on with this large organization.

"Hello. Nemaz, I presume?" Stachel walked in to the office to find his soon-to-be associate to find him waiting, despite Stachel being well ahead of schedule. "I'm here to see about applying for a position in Maverick."

Stachel looked out to the city. He stared for a moment, and as he did, his vision went black momentarily. It must've only been a second or two, as Nemaz had yet to say anything about it. A wasp appeared on the window, making a small tapping sound as it did. The noise was hollow, like a faint ding. But the singing did not stop. It began ringing in Stachel's ears. It grew continuously louder. Stachel could now, even from across the room, see the wasp to the finest detail. "Ubel." The wasp whispered. The ringing had become deafening, and at the word spoken by the wasp, stopped. Stachel turned to Nemaz, silent, unsure of how long he had been staring. He looked back to the window. No wasp. Shaken, he sat, unsure of what the reaction to his episode may be.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Maverick_6

@stachel:

"You presume correctly. Might I presume that you are Mr. Satchel?" Nemaz said as he turned his head to look at the man. To reply to his statement that he was hear to apply, Nemaz then so stated. "So you are. We've been looking at you for a bit. Let's get started shall we?" Nemaz said to the man. But he recieved no response. The man seemed to be somewhere else, as he looked into the window blankly. Nemaz did not say anything further or react outwardly much at all, aside from the slight tilt of the head. It was a bit before his mind returned and he looked at Nemaz, who gave him the same neutral look he gave the applicant when he first walked. "Why don't you have a seat?" Nemaz said casually as he gestured for him to take a seat.

Nemaz would sit across him, and as the man sat in silence, Nemaz began to speak. "Now, before we begin, let me put some things...at ease, I would like to start off by saying that here at Maverick, we won't necessarily disqualify on from joining, as long as they control themselves, their powers and work for us. And us only. I've looked at your file of course and have found that you are rather old, a bit over a century and a former Nazi. Now, we do not much care about your being a former Nazi so long as get along well with others. Your experience however is a plus. Now.I have a few questions for you."

Nemaz interlocked his fingers as he placed them in front of himself, looking straight at the man who sat before him. "What is it that you fought for, when you did fight. And what is it you fight for now. Why is it you wish to fight, for Maverick. Keep in mind..." Nemaz seemed to put emphasis in this next statement.

"There are no wrong answers." Nemaz didn't let on as to what he was thinking. Him carrying the stone like, neutral gaze in his pale eyes he always carried. He was definitely lisening.

Stachel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: Stachel worried little about what his acquaintance thought o his epsode now. It seemed he either did not notice or care. He sat in front of Nemaz, listening to his questions. As Nemaz began to speak of Stachel's status as a mutant and former Nazi, he opened his mouth slightly, but said nothing.

"Yes. I play well with others. I've never been the lone wolf type. I fought for the Nazis not because of any racial bias, but because I believed Adolf Hitler was an intelligent man. My skills lied in the military. It fit together. Of course, not long after his death, I realized what he really was. I assure you, I share few of his beliefs. But I worked under him, and with my now dead comrades, and I will not let their memory be scattered into the wind. If flaunting this," Stachel said, rolling up his sleeve to reveal a tattooed Nazi armband, "Or this," Stachel unbottoned a flap on his vest, which fell down to reveal multiple Nazi officer badges, specifically SS, "Or even this," Stachel, ont he arm with his rolled up sleeve, extended one of his stingers, "will be a problem, we may have an issue." Stachel gave a strange grin. "And I really hope we don't have a problem."

A faint buzzing could be heard in the brief silence that followed. The buzzing grew in strength. There was a wasp in the room. It landed on Nemaz' hand. It buzzed it's wings slightly before settling. "Come now, Kliene." The wasp quickly made it's way to Stachel's extended finger. He held it on level with it's eye. He grinned once more, and gave a faint laugh. "Don't mind her. She's nothing to be worried about." Stachel waved his finger slightly, and the wasp flew off, landing on the desk by his hand. "She's more of a pet."

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Maverick_6

@stachel:

Nemaz reclined backed as he listened to the applicant's answer, as Nemaz himself commented "Hitler was a a vegetarian, an anti-smoker and even an environmentalist. He was even against animal cruelty." The dark skinned man didn't seem to be bothered by the notion that he was a nazi. "As for your tattoos, you won't have to worry that much about public relation. We won't stick you in front of a camera. I know a bit about being with a side many people don't like. Long before this. But,perhaps that is something for another time." Nemaz's fingers interlock as he smirks very subtly and says "I don't think we'll have a problem at all Mr. Satchel."

He pauses. There is a noise, and then he looks down towards a hornet. He had a more or less slightly intense gaze, him resisting the urge to swat it, however, as the applicant spoke Nemaz's eyes snapped to him, and became now a look of curiousity as he spoke to it. "Intriguing. Your abilities could have many applications. But of course, now that I see that you are at ease. How would you feel, about a" Nemaz's smile grows more visibly, and even seems ominous

"Test?"

Stachel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: "A test is customary, yes. I assure you I will do well. What may this test be?" As Stachel inquired, Kleine buzzed slightly, resting on Stachel's shoulder.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stachel: @geth@gumflabica

"Excellent" Nemaz says as he stands upright. "It begins, now." Nemaz with no real warning aside from that, front kicks the desk so hard as to send it flying forward towards the interviewee. Not exactly sure of what to expect from him. However, the moment the desk obscures his vision, Nemaz is simply gone, with something else having seemingly taken his place that seemed to have come from completely...nowhere.

No Caption Provided

It then seems to seek to lift the flip the desk of the man and then grab him from the neck and throw him near out the door into the hallway.

(Elsewhere)

"Does he interview everyone like this?"

"Only the special ones."

"Don't we need more like him?"

"Doesn't necessarily mean we have to make this easy for him. He has more then a century of life. Let's see how that combat experience has accumiliated."

(Not much, but it's just to kick things off. I'd like to finish this for what I have planned later :) )

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: (Badass! I'll get a post up in a sec. Hooking up laptop to change my av. Btw, is this Nemaz in armor, or a special kind of unit?)

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Maverick_6

@gumflabica:

(Hell if I know ;) As far as the story is concerned, you deal with it however you have to. I place no constraints on your options to fight it)
(Hell if I know ;) As far as the story is concerned, you deal with it however you have to. I place no constraints on your options to fight it)

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: (Sorry, it's actually getting kind of late where I'm at. Hope you don't mind if I wait until tomorrow to make my post.)

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Maverick_6

@gumflabica: (Not in the slightest. Any time I'm not replying with someone I just goto average or continue working on blogs for vehicles and weapons. I really have no problem waiting. You could really take a week to reply if you needed to lol.)

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: (Cool, cool. Yeah, managing a social and work life at the same time as over 20 virtual lives can be kind of exhausting XD I've got a few RPs I need to post in (should make a to-do list for myself) and 8 bios to make, just as many to improve upon. I plan to get this all done by the end of April.)

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gumflabica

@maverick_6: Stachel heard the word "now" and tensed up. He had heard of the cutthroat nature of this organization, and was speaking to one of it's most skilled and premier members. An unorthodox test for an unorthodox member seemed fitting. When the table flew out in front of him, Stachel's suspicions were confirmed. He kicked the chair out from under him, crouching, and shot upward, lifting the table with his palms, launching it further so as not to be an obstruction for his counter-attack. During this motion, he had extended his stingers and lunged forth with his right, his left trailing at his side, curved for an attack to the side. His first attack was swatted aside by the armored soldier, his second caught by it's fist. Stachel was then kicked in the chest, an attack he quickly recovered from by rolling backwards, pushing off the floor with his right foot as he stood, leaping left into the wall, which he crawled in a clockwise motion while still moving forward, leaping from the ceiling for his attack. He landed a boot to the soldier's face, and quickly ducked under a punch, kicking the soldier once more in the back before rolling under his legs. Upon standing, he jabbed a stinger into the side of the armor, which failed to penetrate, but likely caused damage from the force of the attack. As he moved for another strike to the torso, he received a brutal backhand from the armored soldier, which he attempted to counter by attacking while ducking. This move, however, was anticipated by his opponent, who grabbed Stachel by the arm, and punched him once in the chest, before using that same hand to grip Stachel's neck. "Kleine! Lahmen!"

Non-combat members of Maverick were strolling down the hall, going about their business. Wearing suits, reading files, and other such things you would expect to see at an office. These activities, should they be taking place in the hall next to Nemaz' office, were immediately halted as Stachel was flung through the door, kicking it off it's hinges. He had not been thrown directly into the door, but took a chunk of doorway with him as well. He wiped a drop of teal blood from his mouth, nodding towards whatever official was standing near him, before leaping back into the room.

Upon entering, his focus snapped immediately to his pet. Kleine was buzzing around the oblivious soldier, occasionally landing to crawl around the armor. She was searching for a weak point. Stachel charged forth, and blocked two quick strikes attempted by the soldier, sidestepping a kick. Stachel delivered a kick of his own to the armored man's knee, which at the same time provided elevation for a strike to the head with one of his stingers, throwing the man off balance. Stachel took advantage of this by striking the legs. The armored man fell, but caught himself with one arm, swinging outward with the other one to create distance from Stachel as he pushed himself upward. Stachel once more sprung forward, only to be caught and thrown by his opponent, landing on the overturned table. Stachel took a broken table leg and through it, it's path shockingly straight, which was caught. During the short celebration of catching such a projectile, another came unnoticed, cracking the facemask, as wll as staggering the soldier once more. Stachel, however, was too far away to take advantage of this, and the solider knew this as well, almost certainly planning a devastating counter-attack should Stachel come close. Instead, he lowered his arms. His opponent seemed as confused as he was full of himself. Stachel could see the smug look on his face through the small hole in his chipped visor. "What, giving up already?" The soldier laughed to himself for a moment, and Stachel chuckled along with him. "You've got something on your face." And that's when he heard it. The buzzing. The slight tickle on his nose. It was Kleine. The soldier slapped his hand against his visor in an effort to squash the insect, but this proved fruitless, as his facemask was still mostly intact. Before he could remove his helmet, the damage had already been done. His nose had swollen to the size of a baseball, the pain like fire had been set to his face. The paralytic poison spread through his veins. Stachel assisted him in removing his helmet. He would be needing some air. "You see, Kleine is special. There's a reason I take her with me. Her posion is potent, and her mind sharp. Kleine is no more an 'insect' than you."

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica:

"Not bad..." Nemaz could be heard behind him.

"Although. There is room for improvement." He says as he seemingly, literally rips the man's skin off and reveals that it was indeed a machine. Piloted remotely from elsewhere.

"I could feasibly see the wasp eating through wiring." He holds the chunk of very real looking flesh up. "3-D printed from stem cells. Should the need arise to replace lost skin or missing organs." Nemaz smirks amused as the area disorts. The windows themselves seem to become something like a screen, because it is indeed a screen. The creeping realization would come that this place is indeed false. A simulation area of sorts. And a very convincing one.

The room is real, but the people are simply all actors. The office like a set. "You did impress. You used skill and showed resourcefulness. Even with that insect, you probably could have still found a way to defeat it. But you must always remember to remain adaptive. What if this had been a robotic foe with murderous intent. Or simply one resistant to poison as you seem to be. You might have lost, or had more injur then." He gestures towards it.

"As for everything else, you didn't really think we would test you in an actual office building did you?" Nemaz said looking around as a people more so go about their business now, their actual business. Take a break. Go out for lunch. It seemed like this was pretty normal for them. Not done for every soldier, but normal.

Nemaz then extended his hand to the man. "Welcome to Maverick." He said with an amused smirk.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gumflabica

@maverick_6: Stachel simply stood and listened as the illusion fell around him. This was planned from the start. Interesting. Kleine buzzed on his shoulder as Nemaz spoke, before extending his hand. Stachel was not hesitant to shake it. People seemed to go about their business as if this was something they were used to. Stachel was pleased to see he was among equally capable peers. "So, do I get the grand tour?" Stachel said, laughing lightly along with Nemaz. They stepped over the robot on their way out of the broken doorway, turning down the hallway. "About the poison," Stachel started, looking once to Kleine, and then back to Nemaz. "If an opponent is unable to be harmed with such toxins, more conventional weaponry usually does the trick. I simply did not feel the need to bring firearms to a meeting such as this. When an actual combat opportunity arrives, you can trust I will be better armed than I was today."