Akwa vs Arctic Rush

Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Akwa

The alley was dark. Alleys are known for being dark but this was especially dark and mysterious. It somehow contrived to be dark and shadowed even though it was noon. There were two people standing in it. The gender of the pair are unknown as the baggy trenchcoats they wear completely obscure their forms. Their face's are unseen, covered by the shadows cast by their large hats. Their hats looked like some sort of wide-brimmed fedora, the type perfect for casting shadows over faces.

There is a click! sound as one of them opened a cigarette lighter and lit up. The cigarette smoke only helped to preserve the aura of mystery that hung around these two. They stood there for a few minutes before one spoke. Their voices didn't give away who they were. Their voices were...odd. They seemed to be normal human voices at the time but when you thought about it afterwards, you couldn't really remember what they sounded like.

"Well?'

"Well, what?"

"What are we going to do about the New Outsiders? They do not know of the Agency's existance and yet I know that they will eventually put several major crimps in the Plan. I have seen it."

"As have I. That is why we are here. We do not have to eliminate them all. I predict there will be a time when the team's enitre survival will hinge on one person. If that person is destroyed before this time, then the Outsiders will surely fall and there will be one less enemy to deal with when the Agency unveils the Plan."

"Who is this person?"

"He is known as Arctic Rush."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let us go and destroy him!"

"No."

"Why not? Surely you are not scared of him are you?"

"No. Alone, we could destroy the entire team ourselves. We could certainly kill this pitiful young metahuman. But we cannot."

"Why not?"

"The Plan is in a delicate stage of operation at the moment. Us using our powers to destroy would almost certainly be picked up by the Others. We can not let Them know that the Agency still exists despite their best efforts."

'So how will this "Arctic Rush", be removed?"

"I have hired a mercenary to take him out."

"No doubt you have hired the best mercenary in the world."

'No. I tried to but he had the taint of the Others on him. He was suspect."

"So, if you didn't hire the best, who did you hire?"

"The cheapest."

*******************************************************************************************************************
Akwa whistled as he walked down the street, holding a large machine gun. He didn't know this Arctic Rush but the stranger had paid a hefty amount for him to kill him.

The stranger...

Akwa was still slightly unnerved from that meeting. Apart from the fact that the stranger had been completely unreadable, there was something else. The stranger had done what nothing else had ever been able to do. It had Akwa intimidated.

He prided himself on his ability to generally not get fazed by things but...the very presence of the stranger had seemed to be a perversion on the natural order. He might've said that the stranger had seemed demonic but Akwa had met demons before. And while some demons inspired feeling of revulsion and fear, the stranger hadn't done. The stranger had just seemed wrong. Wrong on a deep and cosmic level.

But back to the killing.

Akwa had pondered on his plan for several minutes before deciding to go the direct way. The stranger had informed him of the address that was the target's residence. He hoped that Arctic Rush was home or this wouldn't work.

Akwa walked up to the door of the domicile and kicked it down. He leapt through spraying the room with gunfire.

'Hello?," he called. "You've got an express delivery from your friendly neighbourhood hitman! Come out here so I can kill you!"