• 112 results
#1 Edited by Sterling_Boothe (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey everybody, I was wondering if anyone controlled Africa, because my plan is to conquer the whole continent, so yeah this is the discussion thread. Discuss away.

#2 Edited by Pyrogram (35081 posts) - - Show Bio

*Awaits responses curious*

#3 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

(Waits impatiently)

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

That seems a bit much. Doesn't that cause problems if anyone wants to have (or has) an African character?

#5 Edited by Enforcer_ (313 posts) - - Show Bio

@icarusflies: Would it? You own America but people make American characters all the time right? lol

#6 Edited by Icarusflies (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

@icarusflies: Would it? You own America but people make American characters all the time right? lol

I didn't CONQUER America though. :P

And that's still just a country, not a continent

#7 Posted by Connoisseur (6560 posts) - - Show Bio

Conquering an entire continent? LOL.

#8 Posted by Enforcer_ (313 posts) - - Show Bio

@icarusflies: You still have America though. I have Venezuela but people can still make characters there and I cannot say no as that would be douchey xP

Does not change a thing >:P

#9 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Sterling_Boothe (226 posts) - - Show Bio

@icarusflies: Well if anything this could bring more stability to the continent, I mean a lot of Africa is in constant civil war anyway.

#11 Posted by Enforcer_ (313 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Connoisseur (6560 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective: Well, you gotta follow the standard rules for claiming an established location and setting up an empire. So expect a lot of opposition in this one son.

#13 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@morte_knightfall: Damn straight I am. Looking forward to beating the snot out of you. ;)

#14 Posted by Connoisseur (6560 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Pyrogram (35081 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Connoisseur (6560 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Pyrogram (35081 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Sterling_Boothe (226 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Pyrogram (35081 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by AmazingAngel (4047 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we should let this guy conquer the whole continent. (shifts eyes)

#22 Posted by Marcus_Korah (1293 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by AmazingAngel (4047 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Marcus_Korah (1293 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: hehe, after it is, he can be king of the rubble.

#25 Posted by _Titan (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be cool with it if you built it up. Take South Africa, then Egypt, etc until you have the whole continent

#26 Posted by Marcus_Korah (1293 posts) - - Show Bio

@flucks said:

I'd be cool with it if you built it up. Take South Africa, then Egypt, etc until you have the whole continent

This. Make it more progressive, rather than an all or nothing blitz, and I don't see any issues.

#27 Posted by _Glacier_ (6155 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck with it.What will be next,Antarctica?

#28 Posted by Sterling_Boothe (226 posts) - - Show Bio

@flucks said:

This. Make it more progressive, rather than an all or nothing blitz, and I don't see any issues.

Well I was never planning on an all out blitz, taking control of the governments and utilising the military was the prime interest.

#29 Posted by _Titan (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

Well I was never planning on an all out blitz, taking control of the governments and utilising the military was the prime interest.

Taking the whole of Africa at one time just doesn't rub me right, gov, military, land. To just take any of the three in one move is like playing ten people in chess and moving one piece and calling it a win to me. You gotta strategize and earn that imo

#30 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (12048 posts) - - Show Bio

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

I'm good with this.

#31 Posted by Pyrogram (35081 posts) - - Show Bio

@flucks said:

@sterling_boothe said:

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

Taking the whole of Africa at one time just doesn't rub me right, gov, military, land. To just take any of the three in one move is like playing ten people in chess and moving one piece and calling it a win to me. You gotta strategize and earn that imo

Agreed.

#32 Posted by AmazingAngel (4047 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@flucks said:

@sterling_boothe said:

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

Agreed.

Well the whole plan was to start in a central part of Africa and spread out, I was planning to do it in one RP but I wouldn't mind a series of RPs spread over a long time. :)

#33 Posted by Pyrogram (35081 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@flucks said:

@sterling_boothe said:

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

Agreed.

Well the whole plan was to start in a central part of Africa and spread out, I was planning to do it in one RP but I wouldn't mind a series of RPs spread over a long time. :)

Badasssss

#34 Posted by Marcus_Korah (1293 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve the direction this is taking...

#35 Edited by Oscars94 (2323 posts) - - Show Bio

You may take most of it, but you won't even make it to the border of Wakanda.

#36 Posted by _Titan (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@flucks said:

@sterling_boothe said:

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

Agreed.

A series'd be perfect for it.

#37 Posted by 614azrael (10304 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: @flucks:

I back Flucks boss person we should make it a series. Taking bit by bit actually making an impact. People don't just have one big brawl in a war. It's a series. By doing it this way it also makes a better impact. If you "come in kick ass and win" all the world sees is a powerful jerk. If theres work though a suggestion of fighting those who oppose welcoming those who fall in line etc it leaves room for character opinion etc.

#38 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

@sterling_boothe: just prepare for the raids

other villies/eros/neuts might have interests

#39 Edited by Mercy_ (92501 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm against anybody controlling an entire continent, tbh.

#40 Posted by AmazingAngel (4047 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_:

Even if it's by conquering one country at a time?

#41 Posted by Mercy_ (92501 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: That's not me talking so much as COE just as my own personal opinion.

#42 Posted by AmazingAngel (4047 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_:

Cool cool, I always thought it was a crazy idea.

#43 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a cool idea, however be aware that each country counts as a separate empire under the CVnU rules. That means you've gotta invade and defeat each country separately. So South Africa and Egypt would require separate threads, as would every other country in Africa. So you can certainly take over an entire continent, especially if no one is contesting you, but it would take a lot of work. (As it should; the reward is great.)

#44 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a cool idea, however be aware that each country counts as a separate empire under the CVnU rules. That means you've gotta invade and defeat each country separately. So South Africa and Egypt would require separate threads, as would every other country in Africa. So you can certainly take over an entire continent, especially if no one is contesting you, but it would take a lot of work. (As it should; the reward is great.)

I like this idea and this will be how I approach 'Dystopia' for all the intended cities

#45 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (12048 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I have got that covered for now at least.

#46 Posted by Armistice (4034 posts) - - Show Bio

Flashbacks of the Age of Empires

#47 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (12048 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@flucks said:

*points up*

This is the only way I'd think it was a good idea, and make it realistic along the way. Whoever currently (NPC) controls the country fighting you every step etc.

#49 Posted by Armistice (4034 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: Good or bad flashbacks ?

Bad, part of the reason I left Vine RPG during my first run on here.

The Age of Empires is my pet name for the tail end of the Prime universe, the CVnU was not created because people were bored.

Everyone thought it was a good idea to have a land grab and take over every country they could get their hands on, then most of them did nothing with it and cut off huge swaths of the Earth from being used. Handed themselves private armies to keep anyone from challenging them and acted like they actually accomplished something.

Sometimes I'm amazed how many times the Vine will make the same mistakes over and over again and not get the F'ing hint.

#50 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster said:

@armistice: Good or bad flashbacks ?

Bad, part of the reason I left Vine RPG during my first run on here.

The Age of Empires is my pet name for the tail end of the Prime universe, the CVnU was not created because people were bored.

Everyone thought it was a good idea to have a land grab and take over every country they could get their hands on, then most of them did nothing with it and cut off huge swaths of the Earth from being used. Handed themselves private armies to keep anyone from challenging them and acted like they actually accomplished something.

Sometimes I'm amazed how many times the Vine will make the same mistakes over and over again and not get the F'ing hint.

Applause-gif-tumblr-47_original