Avatar image for sterling_boothe
Sterling_Boothe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sterling_Boothe

Hey everybody, I was wondering if anyone controlled Africa, because my plan is to conquer the whole continent, so yeah this is the discussion thread. Discuss away.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pyrogram

*Awaits responses curious*

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

(Waits impatiently)

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#4 Icarusflies  Moderator

That seems a bit much. Doesn't that cause problems if anyone wants to have (or has) an African character?

Enforcer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Enforcer_

@icarusflies: Would it? You own America but people make American characters all the time right? lol

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@icarusflies: Would it? You own America but people make American characters all the time right? lol

I didn't CONQUER America though. :P

And that's still just a country, not a continent

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conquering an entire continent? LOL.

Enforcer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icarusflies: You still have America though. I have Venezuela but people can still make characters there and I cannot say no as that would be douchey xP

Does not change a thing >:P

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sterling_Boothe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sterling_Boothe

@icarusflies: Well if anything this could bring more stability to the continent, I mean a lot of Africa is in constant civil war anyway.

Enforcer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkknightdetective: Well, you gotta follow the standard rules for claiming an established location and setting up an empire. So expect a lot of opposition in this one son.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@morte_knightfall: Damn straight I am. Looking forward to beating the snot out of you. ;)

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pyrogram
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sterling_Boothe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AmazingAngel

I think we should let this guy conquer the whole continent. (shifts eyes)

Marcus_Korah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcus_Korah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be cool with it if you built it up. Take South Africa, then Egypt, etc until you have the whole continent

Marcus_Korah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flucks said:

I'd be cool with it if you built it up. Take South Africa, then Egypt, etc until you have the whole continent

This. Make it more progressive, rather than an all or nothing blitz, and I don't see any issues.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck with it.What will be next,Antarctica?

Sterling_Boothe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flucks said:

This. Make it more progressive, rather than an all or nothing blitz, and I don't see any issues.

Well I was never planning on an all out blitz, taking control of the governments and utilising the military was the prime interest.

_Titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

Well I was never planning on an all out blitz, taking control of the governments and utilising the military was the prime interest.

Taking the whole of Africa at one time just doesn't rub me right, gov, military, land. To just take any of the three in one move is like playing ten people in chess and moving one piece and calling it a win to me. You gotta strategize and earn that imo

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

I'm good with this.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flucks said:

@sterling_boothe said:

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

Taking the whole of Africa at one time just doesn't rub me right, gov, military, land. To just take any of the three in one move is like playing ten people in chess and moving one piece and calling it a win to me. You gotta strategize and earn that imo

Agreed.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@flucks said:

@sterling_boothe said:

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

Agreed.

Well the whole plan was to start in a central part of Africa and spread out, I was planning to do it in one RP but I wouldn't mind a series of RPs spread over a long time. :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@flucks said:

@sterling_boothe said:

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

Agreed.

Well the whole plan was to start in a central part of Africa and spread out, I was planning to do it in one RP but I wouldn't mind a series of RPs spread over a long time. :)

Badasssss

Marcus_Korah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I approve the direction this is taking...

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

You may take most of it, but you won't even make it to the border of Wakanda.

_Titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@flucks said:

@sterling_boothe said:

@marcus_korah said:

@flucks said:

Agreed.

A series'd be perfect for it.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingangel: @flucks:

I back Flucks boss person we should make it a series. Taking bit by bit actually making an impact. People don't just have one big brawl in a war. It's a series. By doing it this way it also makes a better impact. If you "come in kick ass and win" all the world sees is a powerful jerk. If theres work though a suggestion of fighting those who oppose welcoming those who fall in line etc it leaves room for character opinion etc.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling_boothe: just prepare for the raids

other villies/eros/neuts might have interests

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By Mercy_

I'm against anybody controlling an entire continent, tbh.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_:

Even if it's by conquering one country at a time?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@amazingangel: That's not me talking so much as COE just as my own personal opinion.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_:

Cool cool, I always thought it was a crazy idea.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a cool idea, however be aware that each country counts as a separate empire under the CVnU rules. That means you've gotta invade and defeat each country separately. So South Africa and Egypt would require separate threads, as would every other country in Africa. So you can certainly take over an entire continent, especially if no one is contesting you, but it would take a lot of work. (As it should; the reward is great.)

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Strongarm

Its a cool idea, however be aware that each country counts as a separate empire under the CVnU rules. That means you've gotta invade and defeat each country separately. So South Africa and Egypt would require separate threads, as would every other country in Africa. So you can certainly take over an entire continent, especially if no one is contesting you, but it would take a lot of work. (As it should; the reward is great.)

I like this idea and this will be how I approach 'Dystopia' for all the intended cities

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I have got that covered for now at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flashbacks of the Age of Empires

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for surreal_sadiablo
Surreal SaDiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flucks said:

*points up*

This is the only way I'd think it was a good idea, and make it realistic along the way. Whoever currently (NPC) controls the country fighting you every step etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: Good or bad flashbacks ?

Bad, part of the reason I left Vine RPG during my first run on here.

The Age of Empires is my pet name for the tail end of the Prime universe, the CVnU was not created because people were bored.

Everyone thought it was a good idea to have a land grab and take over every country they could get their hands on, then most of them did nothing with it and cut off huge swaths of the Earth from being used. Handed themselves private armies to keep anyone from challenging them and acted like they actually accomplished something.

Sometimes I'm amazed how many times the Vine will make the same mistakes over and over again and not get the F'ing hint.

Avatar image for surreal_sadiablo
Surreal SaDiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster said:

@armistice: Good or bad flashbacks ?

Bad, part of the reason I left Vine RPG during my first run on here.

The Age of Empires is my pet name for the tail end of the Prime universe, the CVnU was not created because people were bored.

Everyone thought it was a good idea to have a land grab and take over every country they could get their hands on, then most of them did nothing with it and cut off huge swaths of the Earth from being used. Handed themselves private armies to keep anyone from challenging them and acted like they actually accomplished something.

Sometimes I'm amazed how many times the Vine will make the same mistakes over and over again and not get the F'ing hint.

Applause-gif-tumblr-47_original