A Wink to Death- RP

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now a graveyard was admittedly a place of poor taste to hold a spar, but Kent was a sucker for the theatrics even if he'd never admit it. The heavy rainfall was unplanned and would inevitably obscure his vision in battle, but it was now too late to let mother nature call off this fight.

The mutant shape shifter leaned upon a tombstone with his arms crossed weaponless and donning his routine gi. Call it arrogance or foolish if you wanted, but he was confident he'd stand just as good a chance against Foínix Lóng with his natural arsenal as with a blade in hand.

He neglected to say a word or show any signs of actual emotion as he awaited for the Burning Dragon to show up, instead Kent just silently reflected on all the myths he'd heard of his deadly adversary and anticipating a what should soon transpire.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@classique:

The pats of thick rainfall filled the gravel stone drowned out the pats of Sheng’s stallion’s soft steps. “Whoa, Bunjong, slow down” Sheng instructed as the Romanian horse reached a cemetery building. The martial artist was drenched in the cool rain, which gushingly spilled from the gloomy grey sky.

No Caption Provided

He looked at the grim surrounding of the grass –covered graves that lied in the ground. Tombstones sat as if this was a garden of death. Sheng whipped his hair out of his face, before instructing his horse to ride on. As the horse rode, he walked pass a tall dark green tree, who cried from the abuse that the stormy wind was sending it. Sheng continued as he reached a large outside region of the cemetery. He took a gulp of breath as heard the caw of crows, and hoot of owls. The rain caused the ground to be slick as sparkly, as he walked on top of it. It was covered by the dark blue bricks that formed the cemetery’s symbol.

As he looked around, he saw the silhouette of a man leaning against a tombstone. The huge purely blue moon hug like a spirit above them. Immediately, Sheng started loosening his muscle and popping his joints as he waited for the man to notice him.

d^_^b

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Classique
No Caption Provided

"So you're Foínix Lóng yeah?" Kent immediately asked of the horseman. He'd also noticed that the density of the rain was picking up and with that the thunder and lighting sung then danced through the sky.

"Well, let me be the first to say you can call me Ken and I'm also glad you found your way out here safely enough." Ken stated and then slowly began walking towards Lóng. With each step he took he removed one article of clothing revealing a sleek black jumpsuit beneath. The mask was the last piece he'd intended on removing.

Once the mutant was within arm's reach of his opponent he pulled back the mask so that they could meet face to face.

While under the mask Kent had modified his own identity to look identical to that of Foínix's. A simple trick he was intending to throw Foínix off with. Wanting to wasted no more time, the shape shifter made the first blow with an open palm uppercut focused in on Foínix's chin.

He continues to speak while striking "I'm not the average opponent Foínix... And I'm sure the same could said about you yeah? So this should be interesting right?"

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By superstay

@classique:

Sheng watched as Ken walked up to him. The wind howled as load as the wolves in the distance, as Ken continued walking. Sheng eyed his opponent with great steadiness as he saw his face. “Whoa..” He muttered as he saw himself in the man’s face. The image shocked Sheng as he eyed the man. “I’m Sheng, you know you kind of look….” He began…

Suddenly, the man threw a quick uppercut towards him. He watched as the open palm pushed closer to his face. Reacting quickly, Sheng jerked his head back before moving his right knee up. The knee tapped the man’s elbow, in order to push the arm out of the way, before shooting Sheng’s right foot out towards Ken’s abdomen. With a hefty amount of force, Sheng planned on the push kick to push Ken back.

d^_^b

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The execution of Sheng's reversal was too trained and quick for Ken to properly retaliate on so he was sent back and even thrown off balance by the slickness of the rain on the concrete arena. The moment when the the shape shifter was dumbfounded was brief though as he quickly regained balance and paced towards Sheng cautiously.

The thunder roared once more as Ken raised his fist and waited for Sheng to make his move. Ken took special notice of his surrounding seeing as how there was a wall to his right he could use for momentum and a tombstone behind him he could whip/throw his opponent into.

"Your move Sheng."

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By superstay

@classique:

Sheng smile as he watched his opponent. “This looks to be a very good fight” Sheng thought. “Well, best to you, bro…” Sheng stated as he bowed quickly. He watched his opponent’s eyes as he slowly got into a basic fighting stance. He whipped his wet hair out of his face before looking at the ground. It was slick and slippery. He rubbed his shoe’s padded tip on the wet brick, to test its slickness.

He clinched his fist before starting to bounce on the balls of his feet. With a very light step, he made sure not to slip. He looked at the wall beside Ken as the fight watch him. Sheng smiles brightly as he started stepping forward. His light walk became a very fast run, as he witnessed the outline of his opponent in the bright white light of the lightning. He stepped lightly, tips of his feet barely touching the ground as he rushed towards the wall. Then, he launched himself off the ground, and flew through the misty, rain filled air. His left foot caught the wall, causing his to face Ken’s right side. Quickly, Sheng’s left foot launched him off the wall, sending his left knee towards the neck of his opponent.

If Ken would dodge the knee, Sheng would land on the ground, fully lower himself, and immediately whip his right leg to send a low sweep kick towards Ken’s legs.

d^_^b

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The knee comes fast to Ken's right, but the menace catches it in mid air with his left hand and places his right over Shin's face so that he could force his opponent down to the cold wet ground with a pace breaking force. As Ken gets tries to default back into an affective defense stance, he's quickly brought down by Shen savvy leg sweep.

The fall finds Ken back down and face up on the concrete. He lands on the rear of his head which impairs his vision for the moment. While he's temporarily blinded he takes the moment to level with the young hero "I- I- I can't see. Damn good technique you have there Shin, quite honestly I feel like I'm learning a thing or two from you here." He reluctantly grins.
The situation of his temporary blindness distracted Ken's thoughts just enough for him to stop thinking about impersonating the Burning Dragon and default back to his regular self. No more tricks now just a*s kicking in the middle of screeching storm.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@classique:

Sheng feels the cold sting rushing through his spin as he lied on the floor. He looked over and saw his opponent lying beside him. Sheng grunted as he lifted his legs up to his torso before kick-flipping back onto his feet. He heard Ken’s comment as he back-flipped away from the man, to give them move space. “Yeah…..you as well, I might have to keep this fight off the ground…” Sheng joked as he stood in a Jeet Kune Do stance.

“Tell me when you’re ready…” he stated in a light-hearted manner as he flexed his pained back muscles. He started bouncing again, as he watched the lightning light the area in a rhythmic fashion. The rain patting the ground as the thunder crashed through the sky. He bounced to the rhythm as his drenched blue tai chi outfit clung to his body. He eyed his opponent as he started planning strategies.

d^_^b

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Classique

"W-When I'm ready? You could take the win Sheng! Do it! Do it now! Given the opportunity I will not show such remorse!" Ken boldly demands as he stumbles to his feet. On a better day while blinded he would resort to patterns, efficiency and predisposed techniques to continue on the fight, but the terrain was too unruly for such attempts as the rain waged war with the friction below his feet. He held his fists up in a vaguely Thai boxing stance, but obviously wasn't much of a threat or defense. His sight's still shot.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By superstay

@classique:

Sheng’s expression grew puzzled. “Dude, you’re taking this way too seriously.” He stated as he stood straight up. “You should loosen up, bro.” Sheng lightly suggested before looking up at the sky. Thick and cold, the big drops of rain drenched him. He placed his eyes back on Ken before wagging his hair free of water, as a dog would. He looked at Ken as he felt the chilling air. Fogs of frosty air, which came from the heated breath, revealed how cold it was. “You know, bro, we can take this in side, if the storm is bothering you?” Sheng asked, while pointing at the Mausoleum that stood a small distance away, as he watched his opponent got to his feet.

No Caption Provided

As Ken got into a Thai boxing stance, Sheng smiled. The stance brought memories of traditional Thai glassed-glove boxing matches. The memory of receiving forceful slices to his chest; the thought of the jagged gashes that slid across his body ran through his mind as he watched the man’s stance. He immediately took the stance of Thai boxing far older predecessor: Muay Baron.

He lifted his left up to his chest before dropping into the stance of classic Muay Baron. He started building strength in his body as he smiled at Ken. “When you’re ready…”

d?_?b

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Classique

The quizzical expression on Ken's face said it all as he'd never faced an opponent who was so lighthearted as too suggested 'calm down' in the face of possible conclusion. A grin forces it way across Ken's spirit and he speaks calmly now "What is this fight to you Sheng? 'Cause I'll tell you what it is too me, It a test."

Ken's still in the Thai boxing style, but now it's more obvious that his sight is returning as he's slowly circling around Sheng with his fist still up. This motion also suggested his lack of appeal toward taking the fight inside the small sanctuary.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By superstay

@classique:

Sheng smiled at the expression on Ken's face. He stayed in the Muay Baron fighting position as he watched the man. "To me, it's a lesson." he stated in a joyful mood.

He watched his opponent start to circle him. Sheng stayed in the same position as his head followed the man. He thought about the man's previous statement as he watched him. "But I'm very interested in your viewpoint. Tell me about it?" He asked as he waited for his opponent's next move.

d^_^b

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ken's next move struck like quicksilver, being so quick. He gets his right arm under Sheng's left and rushed it up hoping to leave that side open. Then with his right fist fist closed and knuckles first, he throws a punch at Sheng's left side. Hopefully this would injure his adversary's rib cage or throw off his breathing.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@classique:

Sheng watched his opponent quick sprint forward. He stepped back as Ken ran with rushing speed. In one instance, his foe reached to move Sheng’s arm and attack his rib cage.

Reacting quickly, Sheng moved his torso out of his opponent’s arm range. He shot his left elbow out towards Ken’s nose in a Muay Boran elbow strike. The attack was aimed to stun Ken. However, Sheng didn’t notice jab to his underarm. The strike hit his ribs directly, and bruised his underarm. Luckily, his Iron Shirt Kung Fu training, mixed with the fact that his bones and muscle were far tougher than the average humans, the attack didn’t do much to his internal body. Ken’s attack did sting badly. But, continued to go through with his elbow strike.

d^_^b

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The elbow was admittedly a clever follow up to Ken's offensive blow. It caught the mutant on his right nostril an immediately clogs it with blood and the lag to Ken's cautiousness was soon too follow.

"You asked me about my viewpoint on this match Sheng? Well I'd be obliged to tell you about it some day."

Even groggy, the meta-human manages to maintain eye contact with the burning dragon. His fist are still up and he's decided to let Sheng take the opening shot this time around.

"Yeah I'll tell you about my viewpoint son. Just not today."

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@classique:

Sheng smiled as he held his left underarm to console the sting. He looked ahead towards his opponent while stretching his legs. “Aww, bro…..” He jokingly replied back to Ken. He backed up a few paces before his smile softened. He started to breathe slowly as his eyes closed off the world around him. His breathing got slower and slower, in a rhythmic pattern, as he stood in a straight meditating position. He felt the soft rain drops drip down his face; each drop was less as cold as the last. He started feeling energy rush through his body.

Immediately he opened his eyes to watch his opponent. He started unbuttoning his undercoat, before removing it. He dropped the coat to the ground before dropping into a low Hark Fu Moon (Black Tiger Kung Fu). The styled, which came from the Hoy Hong Temple, was based on lightning speed, incredible power, and vicious attacks. Sheng stared open at his opponent as he pumped strength through his muscles.

d^_^b

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Classique
No Caption Provided

A little over 30 minutes of this feud and bearing witness to 3 of his opponent's counter maneuvers, Ken was reluctant to throw the opening hit this time around. He'd now resorted to closing tactics.

"The rains slowing down Sheng. Lets end this..." The shape shifter's voice rings calmly in the less crowded air as he made his request.

Surely Sheng had gotten an idea of Ken's moves when he's intimidating the Thai boxing style so the mutant finally decided to mix it up. He prepped himself for a more aggressive Northern Shoalin style.

Thunder roars and Ken follows with a joking "Your move now bro. Tell me when you're ready."

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By superstay

@classique:

Sheng’s hands formed to resemble tiger claws as he watches his opponent with dead intensity. He stares at Ken, as a tiger would stare down his pray. As his lean muscles, pulsing with power, clinch, Sheng smiled at his opponent. “So be it…” He says as he darts towards Ken. Within a third of a second, Sheng had closed the distance between him and Ken.

Thunder banged the sky, making a cracking roar as he ran. He launched himself into the air immediately as the lighting shines the fighting ground, momentarily. Right leg pointed straight out to the side, and his left bent under his body, Sheng hovered thought the misty sky as the scene goes back dark. His right claw ripped through the air as it headed directly for Ken’s throat.Flying Tiger Claw

The move darts closer with the intent of sending the strength, power, and force of a speeding bat in the throat of his opponent.

d^_^b

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A third of a second was approximately just enough time to snap your finger, or flip a light switch, or almost enough time to properly wink. Things can be done in a third of a second, but not much. The slight moment between Sheng practically flashing from point A to point B didn't allow Ken enough time to fully develop a proper reversal, but instead a temporary solution.

The classic copyist jolts back and turns about 35° to the left of the agile burning dragon's claw in attempt to only catch a sting of the dart instead of a bull bite. The quick turn redirects the impact location from Kent's center jugular to the less vital outer part of his neck.

Now he had about another third of second to make amends with the pain and recipricate.

With Sheng (I'd assume) still close by, Ken grabs him from behind.

(Should that work)

He then preforms a modified German Suplex slamming the dragon into the wet cement back first. As soon as Ken can find his way back up to his feet he turns around and aims a viperous downward N. Shoalin style fist to Sheng's back head.

Ken's only just finished the move and he's gasping for air with his nose is bleeding profusely and his recent neck injury. The head injury that momentarily blinded him brought along a splitting headache like none other he'd suffered before. The little test he chose to take was now finished and whether the mutant won or not, he was happy with the results.

"Alright bro, this is it."

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By superstay

@classique:

Ken's arms clung tightly to Sheng's waist. Like a rubber-band tied to a soaring ball, Sheng was halted in midair. Momentum whipping him back, he felt his body starting to move backwards. Within an instance, his head was slammed against the soaked ground. He yelped in pain as the felt the result of the suplex.

Sheng, hitting the ground at full force, felt his head bust. He flipped over into a readied kneeling position. His sweaty hair became filled with blood as it leaked from his head. “Wow bro, that hurt…” He stated, with a light laugh in his voice as he spoke under his breath. Frosted air blew from his mouth as he smiled. Instantaneously, his hand rose to the back of his head as he kneeled down.

“Oww, that hurt so badly.” He stated out loud as he stood to his feet. As he rose to his full height, his head started to catch a daze. “Oh…” He breathed as he felt slightly dizzy. He wobbled on his feet, trying to steady himself, before stumbling into two back-flips. After the last flip, he started swaying in the drunken sway of Drunken Fist. Then, he stopped and started whipping blood from his hair and face.

“Well, that was awesome” Sheng smiled as he looked up at the sky. He raised his hand and whipped running blood from his mouth. Reddish smudged across his arm, he whipped the blood on his black pants before bowing. “I have to work on that” He said to himself as he bowed again. Immediately, a puff of dark grey smoke covered him. The rain riddled through the smoke, softening it, to evaporate Sheng’s exit.

As the smoke cleared, a blurred dash of color darted to the roof of a mausoleum. It stopped on the roof to steady out and show the smiling Sheng. "See'ya, bro...", he parted before dashing up into a tree, then off out of sight.

Kunimitsu

d^_^b