TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFlashFire

October 31st 3:00 AM, Somewhere In Canada

"Happy birthday early Jaired! You know I wish I could be there to celebrate with you darling." Atalia smiled at her son, sitting by her bed-side with her laptop. On the screen Jaired shrugged; "It's fine mom, I know how important these business trips are for the company. I'm throwing a party later with Leon and Kaine tomorrow." The former spatial speedster suppressed a sigh, despite her morose mood; "I can't believe my little Jarey' is 18. Your a man now darling, and with manhood comes even greater responsibility."

Jaired nodded and and stretched his arms back in a yawn; "I'll be sure to remember that. Anyway I'm gonna get some more Z's, night!" The laptop screen closed and Atalia set the device on the desk near her queen-sized bed. "Good night, my son." She murmured, staring into the star-filled night-sky, before letting sleep take hold of her.

5:00 AM, Later that night

Kaine stood motionlessly before her, watching his mothers sides rise and fall as she slept with a grin of malice. Of course, he wasn't actually there, instead peering through a one-sided mirror-like dimension of his own, for if he had been there, he knew she could have sensed his presence. And a direct confrontation with her would be disastrous to say the least, not only was she possibly leagues faster than Jaired, but possessed the same space-time abilities he had. As the Devils Heir watched his mother, he was astonished to find some sort of emotions welling up in-side him, and his mind drifted back to a different time..

10 Years Prior

"Mamma! Kaine won't give me the ball!" The 7 year old's round face frowned as his brother held the ball up high, and keeping his frustrated sibling away with his other hand. Despite the fact they were fraternal twins, Kaine was naturally taller and better built than his brother, and often rubbed this in his brunette sibling's face whenever possible. "Kaine, remember to share your toys with your brother." Atalia said absent-mindlessly, staring at a collection of papers at her desk.

Kaine begrudgingly tossed the ball up in the air allowing his sibling to catch it, walking outside the room. Suddenly forgetting the previous ordeal and dropping the ball, Jaired ran to his brothers side, fallowing him downstairs and into one of the many kitchens. The alpha sibling, as he dubbed himself during those times, dragged a stool next to the counter and hopped up on the counter, grabbing a box of cereal. "Oooh, this box has a toy in it!" Kaine grinned and poured all the cereal into a large steel bowl until a plastic dinosaur fell out. "It's mine! Called it!" Jaired scrambled up the granite counter and grabbed the toy in a sudden burst of speed. Of course, neither him nor his mother had any idea of his connection to the speed-force during those times, those sudden bursts of speed usually happening at random.

The Alpha sibling frowned as his brother was suddenly booking it towards the beach, and chased him until Jaired stood at the waters edge; "Give it back! I wanted it first!" Jaireds face was lined with mischief and Kaine's eyes widened as he knew what his sibling was planning. "Jaired, you better not do i-" ploosh. The toy was thrown a large distance away into the water, and instinctively Kaine dove into the water, his brother yelping behind him.

The devils heir paddled forward relentlessly, searching for the toy bobbing on the surface of the water. Swimming farther and farther away from the shore, until he smacked the water in frustration, unknowingly creating blotches of space below the surface, propelling large amounts of water upwards. The young boy looked up in horror as it crashed onto-him, sending the alpha twin down below.

On the shore, Jaired stood frozen in shock for a second as the massive wave collided with his sibling, and ran back into the estate mansion hurriedly, finding his mother in the kitchen, investigating the steel bowl filled with cereal. "Mom! Mom! Kaines in the water!"

Kaine's mind flickered from conscious to pitch black as his body sunk lower into the depths. The last thing he'd remembered was his mother's figure next to him, and then he'd awoken near the fire place. Later that night his father would appear in their room having saw his son's display of power, and snatch him from his family for nearly 10 years.

The Spatial McStorm snapped back to reality, rolling his eyes at the mere thought of any sort of emotion sneaking into his mind. "Well, time to get down to business." He jumped from his outer-dimension hiding place and into the hotel room, his mother instantly up in confusion. But it was too late, the instant he'd appeared he rapidly expanded space within her body with a smirk, the last thing she'd see, because the next millisecond she exploded, limbs and organs scattering across the room painting a gruesome scene. Anyone else he could have simply removed a small, vital piece of their throat from space-time itself, but he wanted this to be...memorable.

The Devils Heir licked the blood that splattered on his face, his emerald eyes briefly turning crimson. "Sleep tight, mother."

1 week Later

Jaired and lay comfortably on the burgundy couch in one of the living rooms of the estate, his sibling walking through the door just as he turned the television on. "Ay Kaine, you heard from mom? She's been gone two weeks." His brother narrowed his eyes curiously; "Wait, you haven' heard from her either? She's usually not gone this long, oh well, she'll probably be back soon.

"This week, the scattered, rotting remains of billionaire and inventor Atalia McStorm is found in her hotel room in Canada. The exact details of her death remain unknown, but police have declared it a murder." Jaired fell off the sofa with laughter, knowing for certain this was some sort of sick joke or misunderstanding. "Ay Kaine can you believe this? They confused some dead chick with our mom haha." Kaine gave a lighthearted chuckle, "Yeah...I hope so." The second part of his sentence spoken in a deeper tone, and Jaired gave him a look of disbelief; "Dude, it's our mom. She was one of the strongest and most known superheros' in her time, there's no one on this planet that could have took her out." He sat up, and left the estate before his brother could utter a response.

Hours later, an explosion was detected somewhere in Antarctica, with temperatures reaching nearly 100 nonillion degrees Fahrenheit, and the resulting mushroom cloud visible from outer space. Jaired sat in a large crater spanning 1 million miles and over 10 miles deep, tears still rolling off his cheeks. His face was twisted with anguish, his emotions indescribable, and Kaine appeared beside him, biting back a smile of delight at this sight of his crushed sibling, sitting by his side and allowing him to bury his face into his shoulder....despite the near planck-temperature heat.

2 weeks Later

Leonardo Liafador had recreated the 1/5th of Antarctica his friend had destroyed in the midst of his grief, and the fallowing funeral had been relatively private, only close business partners and family members of Atalia's being allowed to attend. Jaired stood in a black suit, on the patio of his home, eyes wet and head bowed. His sibling walked up beside him, resting a hand on his shoulder. "Jaired, those guys out there are saying that Mom left the business to you and need to discuss some things."

Your a man now darling, and with manhood comes even greater responsibility."

Jaired remained silent for a few, tense moments, the last words his mother spoke to him reverberating through his mind; before turning to his sibling; "T-There's only one way I'm going to run this company...With your help." The Spatial McStorm nodded; "Mom wouldn't have wanted it any other way."

OOC

Welp, here's the end of it. Hope those of you that fallowed this enjoyed. Any critiques would be welcomed.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To Kaine.
To Kaine.

This was a good read, man!

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: LOL Funnily enough the guy in that gif is the brother of the look I use for kaine

Thanks brah :O

Erlking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emotional read, man. Keep it up!