Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

Today was a good day, and perhaps, it was a day to set up other good days. As Beary stood at the podium placed in front of The Great Library, he could not help but smile at the many camera's staring at him. There were camera's flashing, and reporters everywhere. On his side of the podium, stood his ever faithful men, and a large group of cops. Hell, even the mayor was there in attendance, not as a candidate, but as his backup man, just in case the government figured out that his birth certificate was a fake. Taking a slight breathe, the large man stood up tall, readjusted his tie, and then ripped the microphone out of the podium and proceeded to toss it to the side. He knew that his booming voice would make more of an impact than any piece of technology. "Good evening everyone, my city, America, and probably the few others watching." He stopped and scanned the crowd for any reactions, then continued on with his long speech.

"I am here to run for president of America, as i'm sure most of you are aware." A few giggles, thus, a good start, "My name is Beary Cook, and i'm going to be brutally honest with all of you, i am a criminal." Some gasp, nothing major from crowd, "Or more accurately, i was a criminal. Luckily, my background doesn't show this. Now i know what many of you are thinking, why trust a criminal with no criminal record. Well, answer is quite simple, I know how to work with money. No i won't be lowering taxes, but what i will use those taxes for the 'embetterment' of our country. I won't go using the money on things like go-karts, and golf tournaments. Instead, i will rebuild what has been broken. Including New York, again. Though of course i won't name it New New New York." Once again some giggles, quite a few actually. "Instead it will be named New Spes, a latin word meaning hope. And to make sure it, and every other part of America, doesn't get destroyed AGAIN. I will also be putting money towards our defense.

"Of course, i'm an ex-criminal, why trust me with your money while all i'm giving you is words. Look behind me..." Beary turned around and waved his hand towards the Great Library, then turned back to the cameras, "Even when i wasn't President, i decided to help out my community by giving them all the knowledge in the world. Yes, it is used by some of the heroes and villains of today, but it was originally here to teach the children of my community. So just because i'm an ex-criminal, it doesn't mean i want others to follow my route, if anything" Beary's voice grew truly sincere, making it slightly difficult to make his voice carry, "I want them to grow up living a life much better than mine." His regained his composure, and started speaking in his previous tone of voice, "Of course, money isn't the only concern when it comes to being a president. There's also the matter of foreign policy, mainly the new Iberian Empire.

"Unlike some of my competition, i wish to make peace with the new empire, and hopefully become one of its many allies. This does not mean i will bow down to it, in fact, if they decide to attack us, i'll make sure that there is a retort. The thing is, i actually know the emperor over there, he's kinda sketchy, but he's never actually hurt me or any one i know. Not only that, the man is smart, and i doubt he would want a war with one of the most powerful single nations in the world. One last thing before i step down, as our economy is going slightly down the gutter, and rebuilding some areas will be quite consuming, i will be making the substance know as marijuana legal. While not a consumer of it myself, the drug doesn't have enough harmful affects for me to keep it illegal. I'm not making this decision because i believe it to be good for you, or something used to heal, but instead as something will boost our economy by a estimated 43%. That is all folks, good day."

#1 Posted by Surkit (11225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs:

I've just been swayed

#2 Posted by _Quickster_ (1531 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm scared.

#3 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

GOT my vote well can citizens of champion city vote?

#4 Edited by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: Lol, thanks.

@_Quickster_: Why?

@kiddevil: I hope so, cuz i need all the votes i can get.

#5 Posted by _Quickster_ (1531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Urbs
I'm always scared.
#6 Posted by The_Mercenary (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs: You talked to Icarus and Soj about this mahne?

#7 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mercenary: Nah, i didn't think i needed to. I'll pm both right now.

#8 Posted by The_Mercenary (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs: You should. They've been planning this election stuff since last year.

#9 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mercenary: Didn't know that. Still, i hope i can be part of it.

#10 Posted by .Longshot. (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs: Worst case scenario, you can be a running mate.

#11 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiddevil Champions island is technically it's own state we can't really vote in another country even though we are kindda attached politically.
#12 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdwardWindsor: Aw man but most of us were born in america.

#13 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Longshot.: I would have fun with that. Sets Urbs up for some character development.

#14 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiddevil Nothing stopping you using the cops teleport pods to the mainland to vote. But champions island won't be having a general vote regarding the presidency abroad.
#15 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdwardWindsor: KD can teleport under his own power :P

#16 Posted by The_Mercenary (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs: Í remember ZBF wanted to run for presidency too but settled for something else. Can't recall what. I know they won't just give you a straight no though, they'll be fair :)

#17 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiddevil True dude but you can be lazy and just use a pod.
#18 Posted by Surkit (11225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs: Hey like I said, the only reason they wouldn't is fear of the competition ;)

#19 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mercenary: Of course. I mean they're both pretty cool people.

@Surkit: lol

#20 Posted by Ishin (6830 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs: Nice. You got my vote hehe.

#21 Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

*Rigs election votes* lol. But really You have my vote.

#22 Posted by The_Mercenary (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody loves an underdog ;)

#23 Edited by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: I would hope so.

@The_Puzzler: lol, oddly, i was thinking of doing the same thing.

@The_Mercenary: It's seeming that way isn't it.

#24 Posted by Ishin (6830 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs: After the Great Library, how could I not give you my vote :P

#25 Posted by RamJam (974 posts) - - Show Bio

So he's gonna try to pull a Wilson?

#26 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamJam: Who's Wilson

#27 Posted by RamJam (974 posts) - - Show Bio
@Urbs
Woodrow Wilson. He won the presidency early in the 20th century. Theodore Roosevelt and Taft split the other voters competing with each other and Woodrow took majority because of the division.
#28 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamJam: oh yeah thats... may be me.

#29 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, im out of the race.

#30 Posted by Surkit (11225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs: Why?

#31 Posted by Excella (343 posts) - - Show Bio

wooooooohoooooooooooooooo

#32 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: It would be very difficult to add me in to the plans that were already set up. Instead i may become Michigans or revived New Yorks (if that happens) governor. Worse case, i just drop Urbs.

#33 Posted by Excella (343 posts) - - Show Bio

Sh!t just got real when he legalized the goods ;) lol

#34 Posted by Icarusflies (12485 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs said:

@Surkit: It would be very difficult to add me in to the plans that were already set up. Instead i may become Michigans or revived New Yorks (if that happens) governor. Worse case, i just drop Urbs.

Aww, don't drop Urbs. D:

There are so many things you can do with him!

#35 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Excella: Lol, actually dropping out the race.

@Icarusflies: Well, in three days there's gonna be school. And im gonna be taking up boxing (though that may not last long). And i have to start thinking about my career and college as its my last year in high-school. So im slightly busy. So instead of handling both Urbs and Soul rebel, i'll just handle the newer one.

#36 Posted by Surkit (11225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs: Thats cool. I agree with Icarus, Izaiah is thinking about rebuilding NY. You could def be the Governor. Plus it'd be right next to Grimm City

#37 Posted by Izaiah (5184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surkit said:

@Urbs: Thats cool. I agree with Icarus, Izaiah is thinking about rebuilding NY. You could def be the Governor. Plus it'd be right next to Grimm City

I was initially just thinking about rebuilding the Statue of Liberty, but..this could work too. lol
#38 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Urbs

Mah boi takin' up combat sports? Ah Hell yeah!

But don't kill him off or nuthin'. Keep him in reserve at least. I might need him.

#39 Posted by Surkit (11225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Izaiah: Haha whoops :P

#40 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Westlife: Ah nothing like that, he's just gonna be in another long vacation in Brazil.

#41 Posted by TheDealer (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
@Urbs
Aight. Cuz I was 'bout to say...
#42 Posted by _Cain_ (23664 posts) - - Show Bio

You have succeeded in gaining my vote

#43 Posted by Soul_Rebel (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666: lol, im out of the race.

#44 Posted by _Cain_ (23664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soul_Rebel: That's what I Get for just reading the first page...

#45 Posted by Soul_Rebel (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666: eh, as long as it's not an RP, i usually do the same.

#46 Posted by _Cain_ (23664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soul_Rebel: ...Tried Governor of Michigan?

#47 Posted by Soul_Rebel (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666: If i keep Urbs around, i'll be trying that or perhaps the governor of a rebuilt New York.