Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By superstay

Sheng's Treehouse / 2:30 PM

No Caption Provided

Folk music filled the treehouse, which lied high in the beachside forest, as its owner laid in slumber. With the wooden house cluttered in trinkets and artifacts, Sheng lied on his belly as he slept on the couch that sat in the mist of his living room. With an open box of half eaten pizza on the floor, he slept with a dog, two cats, and a squirrel cuddling around him. As they all napped, the sun shined into the wide-open windows. They snoozed in peace, until the dog jumped up and darted for the door. Simultaneously, he started barking since he knew someone was standing behind it.

Because of that, the group jerked up, as Sheng stumbled to his feet. Grabbing his close, he clumsily dressed himself as he tried to catch the knocker. “Bud bro, stop…”, Sheng calmly and sleepily stated before he strutted towards the door. He walked over to the front door, to stop his dog. “…Go lie down…”, the fighter patted his pet’s head before opening the wooden door, to see a young lady standing at his door. Staring at her face, Sheng was heavily surprised by the lovely face that stood ahead of him. “Um…hello, miss…can I help you?”, the blushing fighter asked, youthfully rubbing the back of his head and diddling with his feet, he greeted the lady. “I’m Sheng Mathaíno̱”, he introduced himself, before reaching out to shake his hand. Her sunny presence fully woke him out of his drowsy state.

No Caption Provided

“Hello, Haidan Mathaíno̱”, she respectfully addressed him, “I’m Kuminashi, from the Ningen Clan of the Hinode Toji Islands…”, she smiled and bowed in respect of the tan Sheng, whom retracted his hand and bowed in return. As she rose, she continued, “…I am a practitioner of ‘Nihon no Kunoichi Ken’. But, I want to reach grandmaster status: like the High Monks of the great mountains…”, she stated as she made eye contact with the fighter. As he listened, he stepped to the side and welcomed her into his house. With another bow, she stepped in and walked forward. Sheng quickly straightened up him black Kung Fu outfit before following her through the treehouse.

“You have a lovely house, Haidan Mathaíno̱”, she complimented, ignoring the light clutter of items in the household. Sheng laughed as he caught up to her, “…thanks, but, I need a new butler. My current one isn’t doing his job well…”, he state as he looked over at a Ring-tailed Lemur that stood in the window. “Aww, he’s adorable…”, she cooed as she quickly moved towards it, forgetting her initial point for visiting, to awe over the creature, “…is he your pet?”. Sheng stood next to her, “No, he just showed up here. I told him that he could stay if he helped clean the place. But, I think he thinks that cleaning means throwing everything out of the window…”, he answered before picking up a few pieces of his messy living room. As he did, she turned to get back to her reasoning for visiting him. “…my Sensei tells me that a Monk could help me reach my ideal status as a fighter.”. She continued standing in place, staying politely still, she watched him clean. While doing so, he spoke, “so, you want to learn from the Grand Monks?...why don’t you study the many scrolls and tablets that they’ve left to us?”, he asked as he lifted a large number of papers, books, trinkets, and portraits. Moving them into his den, he walked back into the living room to receive his answer.

“But, I long to meet them, and learn directly from them”, she spoke passionately of her want. Sheng stared into her slanted brown eyes, and turned to look out his window, “…whoa, no one can meet can meet the Monks, without being worthy of meeting them.”, he looked at her, to see a sudden look of disappointment. He watched her head down to stare at her fettling fingers. Wanting to cheer her up, he tried to speak hope into her, “but, you could try to enter the Great mountains, and find their temples; to hopefully meet them…”.

No Caption Provided

As he smiled, reassuringly, she kept a disappointed expression on her face. “…Haidan Mathaíno̱, you should know that no one has made it through those hills. Nature stops them…you’re the only one who has ever made it though.”, she stepped closer to him before dawning the most sympathetic face she could muster up, “That’s why I would like for you to tell me how you got to them…”. To this, the olive toned man closed his hands behind his back and stepped towards the window. As he stared at the fresh ocean that peacefully flowed over the shoreline, he spoke, “I don’t know the answer to your questions. They deemed me ready. I just practiced and trained myself…”.

He gazed at her traditional outfit and thought about a way to help her on her quest. Figuring that he wouldn’t have much else to do, and being filled with the thought of how much he wanted to help her, he finally thought of an idea. “…But, I could train you, and teach you what I know…”, he smiled as he looked at her, “…maybe, you’ll reach the point where they’ll see you as ready…”. Seeing a huge smile on her face, she laughed herself into hugging him as she let out a huge, “YAY!!!”. Reacting to this, Sheng stood still in shock of her erupting into a warmly bliss hug of excitement and gratitude.

d^_^b

Wiseguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

fun read as usual

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Very good writing, nice work!

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By superstay
Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is very good story , nice work.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By superstay

@shadowswordmaster:

Aw, thanks bro...

I'm wondering if I want to make her a full character...

d^_^b

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By _Braveheart_
superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers