A Feast for Crows (Open Undying Throne Event)

Avatar image for tristyn_goldyne
Tristyn_Goldyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tristyn_Goldyne

"What is this... thing?"

"Well, m'lord, nobody really knows. He was-"

"It was."

"Yes, m'lord, it was feasting on the corpse of another man." The maester nodded feebly. Tristyn Goldyne stood over the decaying body, it's teeth snapping out at anything that came too close. The scent of rotted flesh spilling from his mouth was enough to make any one man lightheaded, but the small Lord was drunk enough so that he could endure nigh-anything.

For many long minutes they sat in the darkness of the dungeons- the maester, trying not to succumb to the scent, Tristyn, pondering what to do, and the man-thing, just trying to survive. "This is the twelfth incident in the past two weeks, Maester. Their numbers are only growing." Grimacing, he turned to the older man, a set idea in his mind. "Prepare a feast. In two weeks time." Nodding, he started to walk away from the monstrosity, planning on drowning himself even further in wine.

"Who would you have me invite, m'lord?"

Tristyn turned his head lightly, thinking before speaking with a tone of hesitance- a rare trait for the Dwarf Lord. "All of Westeros."

Two Weeks Later. The Feast. Phoenix Peak.

"M'lord, are you certain you want to do this? To parade that... That beast... In front of Lords from throughout the Seven Kingdoms? It could sully your reputation." The old and somewhat obsolete maester rasped his thoughts out through the silent hall. It was there, in the palace atop the Peak, that the banquet was to be held, in a great room meant for dancing and festivities, a long table where the Lord himself sat resting at the end of the room.

"For the last time, Maester Osric, that is exactly what I plan to do. That 'beast' is helping bring ruin to these lands- nay, to Westeros- and unless I can get the aid of these Houses, I can do nothing but stamp out this monstrosity in my own lands." The Lord Tristyn's words were harsher than normal. A side effect to sobriety, perhaps, or how he had finally found an opportunity to not be just 'the Dwarf Lord'. No, he wanted to make himself go down in the history books as the man who would beat this dark plague.

Turning to a guard on his left, Tristyn nodded his head lightly, giving the signal for the soldier to go open the gates of Phoenix Peak. Lords and ladies from all across the Seven Kingdoms soon came in with their most famous knights from their lands, as well as many other important people from their respective holdings. The streets they walked were alight with peasants that had been held back by militia, families packed in to get a glimpse of a Dornish Prince or a Knightfall lord.

Finally, the lords would arrive in the brightly lit hall, where the first dish was starting to be served. Scantily clad waitresses tended to every man's need, and a large section of the hall was cleared for socializing with other lords from all across Westeros. Tristyn smiled as soon the place was packed with guests, and soon stood up to go meet a few of them. Tonight there was more than a mere feast, but for now he had to pretend to be the charming and somewhat dimwitted Lord that most had heard rumor of. Just for now...

Bear_Onyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tristyn_goldyne:

No Caption Provided

The Onyx house was the first to enter Phoenix Peak. They were unlike the other House around them, dressed in battle gear that showed off a lot of skin, while most of the other houses were in their 'party attire.' Being a family that mostly fought in the snow, they were enjoying the warm climate with their lesser garbs. They marched through the city as if they were about to sack it, a steady formation that was unnerving and unbreakable. This was not a sign of disrespect or hostility, just an instinctual response to marching together. House Onyx was not known for pleasantries, House Onyx was not known for nobility, House Onyx was in fact known for War.

The people of Phoenix Peak watched in awe as the men marched through their streets and beat their shields in a war like rhythm. For the first time Bear Onyx, the first son of Flint Onyx, the Lord of House Onyx, who was leading the march, broke from his usual strict demeanor to look at the children and give them a little wink. The children gleeful cheered, happy to be given attention by the strange, but powerful, foreign warrior.

Finally the small army arrived at the outside of the brightly lit hall, where Bear was met by Lord Goldyne's own enforcement. Bear chuckled at the men's weary stare at his own people. it was understandable to be a bit intimidated by the Ironwood army, who broke for no one. Bear looked at his commanding officers and gave them a nod, a nod that only they could read as back down and stay out here. Bear would enter as the head of the family, being as his father was too elderly (Lazy) to take this long trip.

Bear entered the main hall, unimpressed with the extensive amount of gold, food, and women that was sprinkled across the room. He wasn't very interested, all he cared about was the message Tristyn Goldyme sent to all of Westeros. He warned the Onyx House of a great threat that would fall on all of Westeros. He promised a great enemy was coming to face all of Westeros and they would need the "Mighty Onyx House." He knew the Dwarf was a smart one and was most likely trying to stroke their ego, but it catch Bear's interest.

Bear laid his eyes on the Lord of Phoenix Peak, Tristyn Goldyne. He marched straight for the little man, not thinking about how his hulking appearance and strong stride may have looked more intimidating than he meant it to be. "Lord, Goldyne." He also wanted answers, something he shared in common with the cocky Knightfall who was already making an @$$ out of himself. "I've come a long way to speak with you, there's no need to liquor me up before you #$%^ me. I'm not one of your wenches." Bear meant it as a joke, but sometimes his jokes were hard to pick up on.

Tristyn_Goldyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bear_onyx:

As all the caravans of royalty crawled up the path of Phoenix Peak, they would soon arrive at the palace. And the first one to get there, was the Onyxians. A bitter smile crossed Tristyn's face, his blue eyes dancing across each and every man or woman that entered, as one of the whores-turned-waitresses poured his chalice to the brim with wine of Braavosian import, and the halfling took a deep sip, eyes still on the ones that entered his hall and took seats at their reserved table.

Bear Onyx was the one that led them, today. The Dwarf couldn't blame him... After all, the actual head of Bluesky was a feeble old man, and Bear almost naturally filled in the older lord's duties. His and his party's choice of attire was almost a complete contrast to the bright and fluid colors around them. Pillars and paintings all framed with gold stood background to coats of leathery brown, and black. Gems in the hair of beautiful serving girls against the rough, tight haircut of a soldier. Well, I did invite all the lords, now did I? He mused softly to himself as Bear actually came to his very own table.

The raven that he had sent to invite the Onyxians had done justice to compliment their well rounded prowess and power. Tristyn made sure of that. Each invite to each house was different, words of flattery intertwined with those of urgency. When he arrived at the main table of the Goldynes, the Lord of Phoenix Peak took a stand- actually decreasing his stature, and making him look smaller. Bowing his head to the rough-tongued brute, the Goldyne was confident that this man was not one of the ones that would take to the news of a new threat difficultly.

"Ah yes, the mighty Lord Onyx, and his group of famed swordsmen, with as much etiquette as ever." A bitter-sweet smile spread cross his face. I could have your entire House slain for a comment like that, you stonefaced b@st@rd, he thought to himself, remembering his manners and bowing graciously. "Please do help yourself to whatever gourmet delights please you... Be it the women, the wine, or just the word I have to tell."

@orpheus_knightfall

It was then, and only then, that the lord turned to face Klint Knightfall. If rumor was to be believed by the serving girls standing idly by, his arrogant speech had been heard all across the Narrow Sea and into the ears of Dothraki themselves, and now here he was- acting like it was some regular meal on a battlefield. The stereotypical northener. "A pleasure to see you as well, Lord Klint." Tristyn bowed his head gratuitously, contrasting from the behavior of the other Lord. "And I assure you, all will be revealed in due time. For now, enjoy yourself, and have a glass of wine too many, for all our sakes." His last sentence either meaning to have fun or for the Knightfall to drown himself, Tristyn was not sure.

Tristyn_Goldyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall:

By the Seven, he's an idiot. Tristyn rolled his eyes away from the Knightfall that seemed to strive towards being different from what all the other lords were. It was as if he had come simply to show off his very own presence. An utter nuisance, truly. The wine was acceptable, and something that he himself often did in foreign lands. And then Klint drew a bow. Guards surrounded the Lord swiftly and drew swords, silver blades glowing in contrast to the golden hilts of what they wielded, and the Goldyne almost cursed in his choice of invitees.

"Put your bow away, Knightfall. You bring shame on your house and distaste on my guests with your boasting. I pray I shan't have to ask you again, or else I'll be forced to send you home, and that would be embarrassing for both our parts now wouldn't it be?" The words flowed quickly out of the Dwarf, who had no time at all for such nonsense such as this. It was as if the North handed the title of Lord to anyone who could survive the cold in mere smallclothes...

Khal_Valko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dorne

For the first time in history, the Dothraki had crossed the Narrow Sea. Having set sail from Pentos, Khal Valko landed with thirty thousand of his battle-hardened warriors in Westeros. The other twenty thousand remained in Essos under the command of several of Valko's most trusted kos.

The voyage to Westeros was not an easy one, to say the least. The Dothraki were not used to traveling by sea. When they landed, they needed several days to recuperate and to recover their strength. Within a few days of setting up camp near the shore, most of the warriors were ready to fight once more.

Riding throughout the eastern region of Dorne, Khal Valko and his Dothraki raided nearby settlements to regain lost goods such as food and horses. Once they had what they needed, they set their sights upon the legendary Phoenix Peak...

Originally, a member of House Knightfall approached Khal Valko in Essos in regards to the developing situation in Westeros. At first, Valko did not care about what was happening in Westeros. However, as he pondered the situation further, he and his kos agreed that Westeros offered much plunder. Perhaps even King's Landing itself would be a considerable prize.

Phoenix Peak

With nearly one hundred of his fiercest bloodriders and Mahraz ki Havazh, Khal Valko rode into Phoenix Peak to the feast which was at hand. In typical Dothraki fashion, he and his warriors arrived long after the feast had started. With the light of the moon shining from above and the harsh yellow glow of the torches emanating, the Dothraki looked especially intimidating - many of them clad in war paint.

Khal Valko and all of his riders remained mounted. Without saying a word, Valko maintained a calm yet fierce gaze and looked at the strange surroundings. Finally, he nodded to Mahraz ki Havazh who then took out a rolled parchment. Though he had learned bits and pieces of the Westerosi tongue, it still did not come naturally to him. Therefore he allowed Mahraz ki Havazh, the only member of his company who was a native to Westeros, to do the public speaking.

"People of Phoenix Peak..." Mahraz ki Havazh began. "This is Khal Valko of the Dothraki. He brings thirty thousand of his legendary Dothraki warriors with him. The terms are simple... Allow us to rid your lands of this pestilence alongside you, and to keep whatever spoils we find... or we will ravage all of Westeros; and when we have finished, you will wish that the dead had taken you first..."

Tossing the parchment at the feet of the guards, Mahraz ki Havazh said, "You will find us near the coast. We expect your lord's answer in two days..."

With that, Khal Valko signaled the bloodriders and they all rode off into the night.