Nabhan_Alavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nabhan_Alavi

Islamabad, Pakistan

"Nabhan, have you read these American news reports? Complete lack of respect." There are far too many variables fighting for ascendancy in the western world and not one subject willing to subjugate. It's Senator Rashid's sole issue with the modern politics. It's these people and their inability to be thankful for what their given.

"What more can their president do?" She shouldn't be at all concerned for the problems of a superficially dressed politician, but her inner feminist felt a certain sympathy for a woman of power being barraged by the failure's of man.

"President Pierce gives the mutants towns, a cure if need be, options for the sake of freedom, and still there are rumblings of impeachment. I know this girl has the support of her people, but for how long? These these self-proclaimed revolutionaries act in the interest of themselves. They act as if the problem with the mutant species is the same as racial prejudice. Stupid, I say." She pushed the papers from his sight, placing her vision onto the Pakistan government's greatest export.

"Tell me, Nabhan. What will these equality spewing fools do when mutant kind puts them out of their jobs, homes, and most of all - their lives? I mean it's baffling. A mutant literally blew up the White House and now we're all suppose to bend over for the likes of Xenon on the off chance he doesn't telepathically change our minds. Don't you agree?" Her demeanor remains still, as steady as can be, as the waters of thee Soan river trails through their humble estate.

Nabhan:The Americans, as always, will presume their decisions will dictate how the rest of the world will handle this crisis. President Pierce may be good, but she isn't good enough. Her international support is strong, because we understand the issue this new species has, but in the eyes of the public....she's started to alienate a section of people. Which means all the momentary activists will have a field day. Xenon will get his fur dampened and the rest of us will have to make a choice as to who we should support.

"Kill the mutants." He mouths the words without hesitation, but they aren't heard in the slightest. Instead he converses with his hands, telling her what she's too afraid to say. And when he finishes saying his peace he covers his charred lips with his skeletal mask, inhaling and exhaling deeply as beads of sweat begin to form, setting his mind at ease as he slouches beneath the sun's eternal gaze.

(I thought I'd give him a more indirect connection to Clarice. Introducing Mariam and Nabhan, give scope to the current crisis going on. Also, writing a partially deaf character with a deep hatred for mutants should be fun. Thanks for reading.)

Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I unintentionally read this with a Middle Eastern accent. Really good stuff. Nice to see some global perspective too.

Nabhan_Alavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucian_lebeau: That's good. Global perspective is what I'm aiming for. Make this whole conflict three dimensional.

_QandA_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Nabhan_Alavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_qanda_: Thank you. Plotting as always

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is going places, I like it.

Lady_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I unintentionally read this with a Middle Eastern accent.Really good stuff. Nice to see some global perspective too.

Glad I wasn't the only one lol. And I've been to afghanistan!! lol

thunderbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@shadowswordmaster: Thank you, sir.

@lady_grimm: Cool beans. Read it with flavor. You went to Afghanistan? Holy balls. Like on vacation or something else?

Avatar image for callous_adherent
Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Callous_Adherent

But Pakistan isn't even in the middle east, it's part of the Indian subcontinent. ._.

thunderbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thunderbolt

@callous_adherent: I never wrote it as being in the middle east. Afghanistan is from my knowledge.

As for reading it with that twang, than I suppose that was unintelligible.

Avatar image for callous_adherent
Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@callous_adherent: I never wrote it as being in the middle east. Afghanistan is from my knowledge.

As for reading it with that twang, than I suppose that was unintelligible on my part.

I was talking about all the people reading it in a middle eastern accent.

thunderbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers