A duel of duality

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Below0Gaming

I got the urge to write a story involving two of my characters, so this is it. I hope you guys enjoy the read.

The night was dark except for the few stars that shined bright in the sky. It was unnatural for the stars to be seen in the polluted city of Los angeles. Vladimir sat atop an under construction building in the center of the city, tonight was perfect. The balance between the air currents was marvelous each one moving after the other stopped, it was truly marvelous. However the currents carried something, something that caused the slightest shit in the way the wind blew. The northern current lasting mere milliseconds longer than the southern. Sting felt the shift and it caused his paranoia to kick in, his muscles tensed up causing his forehead to develop the slightest crinkle. A single bead of sweat maneuvered its way down his forehead, through his eyebrow, and inevitably falling from his face. This one bead of sweat was important for if it had not fallen at the exact moment when it did Sting would’ve been headless. His eye watched the bead fall and mid decent it split in half. Sting lept back and instinctively drew his blade stopping a second attack. He felt the wind shift again, this time his legs reacted sending him upward. He deflected two more attacks that struck from the left and right. A mysterious voice rang out from above,

“So you are as good as they said you’d be. Oh my apologies I forgot to introduce myself, the name is Toby and I was sent here to kill you. It’s nothing personal I can assure you of that, it’s strictly business.”

With that a boy lept down from above, he had black hair and was surrounded by moving objects, they flowed like strings blowing in the wind. Sting readied his blade and the boy met his challenge.

“If it’s bladed combat you want, then it’s bladed combat you shall get”

The wires formed themselves into a blade. The boy wasted no time, he led with his sword thrusting at Sting. Sting met his thrust with a counter slash, sparks flew as the metals connected. Sting twisted his body to the side of the boy and projected his soul behind him, the sonic boom his body made blew Toby off the edge of the building. Sting looked down as the boy fell through the smog.

“Cocky kid, sucks he was sent to kill me”

BOOOOOM, the sound caused Sting to step back, almost falling off the edge of the beam he was standing on. Behind him the boy shot into the sky landing gracefully on top of the iron beam.

“That was rather close pal, however it’ll take a lot more then that to get rid of me”

"Don't worry, I'll put a little effort into it next time.”

Sting projected his soul behind the boy slashing downwards but he was met with a swift counter attack. Toby followed with a slash of his own aimed straight for Stings jugular but the sound of metal hitting metal was all that was heard. Sting let loose swinging rapidly but each strike was met with his opponent's blade. The clangs rang out across the city as the two swords clashed, each time sparks emitted from the point of collision.

No Caption Provided

That was about all that Sting could take of the endless duel. He let loose, unleashing a multi strike of 1,000 hits. Toby however wouldn’t be defeated so easily, his sword disassembled and the wires moved around him, each one stopping one of the strikes. Toby needed to wait for the perfect moment to...he kicked straight out, his foot connecting with Stings body as his sword of wires reassembled in his hands.

“I’m surprised kid. You actually got me, well then I guess I can’t go easy on you”

“Please do try your hardest, I want you to die a warrior's death”

Sting lunged slashing downwards, as expected Toby stopped the blade, but that strike was just a distraction. Sting rotated his blade so that he was holding it blade down. He shot his arm up, the blade slashed through Toby’s wire armor leaving a decent sized gash in his flesh. Toby stepped backwards, but Sting didn’t let up. He followed up with slash after slash, each one cutting through the boy like a knife through butter. Toby had to think of something and it had to be fast. He waited for his opponents next slash before throwing his body off the edge, he let himself fall down about three floors before he shot out a wire from his pinky attaching himself to a metal joist. He was losing blood and needed to do something fast. He laced one of the wires through the cuts, stitching them closed. It wasn’t perfect but it would have to do. Toby’s grip on his bladed tightened. He wouldn’t lose, not here, it wasn’t his time. He jumped up, using his air dash he propelled himself back up to his target. Toby unleashed a relentless assault. Each movement hurt but he struggled through the pain. He kept slashing, each hit swiftly avoided by his enemy.

No Caption Provided

Until one connected, then another, and another. Toby was actually hitting him. The beam became painted with his enemies blood, things were finally looking up for Toby.... until he felt a pulse run through his body. His heart began to slow and his muscles weakened. His attacks slowed and then eventually they stopped. The wire blade fell apart, disassembling as its components draped across the beam.

“Feel that, that's the curse my blade inflicts on those it cuts. After all those hits you took it’s only a matter of time before your heart doesn’t have enough strength to beat. Good thing too, I don’t think i could take more of those hits.”

Toby dropped to one knee as Sting’s body began to reconstruct itself. Sting placed his blade against the boys throat.

“I guess it’s you who's getting the warriors death. Don’t worry though you might be done living here but, you earned the right to live on. You're going to fight by my side. When the time comes I will call on your soul and you will come to my aid, a warrior like you deserves at least that much.”

With that Sting pushed his blade through Toby’s throat, blood ran down the boys chest as he gasped for air. Within seconds he was dead, but only his physical body died that day. Stings blade began to glow bright blue as it literally absorbed the boys soul. The glow faded as quickly as it had came. With that Sting sat back down, the wind was back to the way it was supposed to be, equal.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This was pretty good read.

Exemplar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers