• 61 results
#1 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys, the 7 sins RP is getting pretty long, so this is for the OCC comments.

#2 Posted by Iron Ninja (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, Magick...  you are doing a great job in the rpg

#3 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks! I wish i could post more ofeten though. Ever since shcoll started things have been a little crazy.

#4 Posted by Soldier-Boy (2632 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah. Mine too

#5 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio
Uh is this in the right Forum ?
#6 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

what do you mean?

#7 Posted by LstPaladin (9429 posts) - - Show Bio

He probably means since this is an OOC for a RPG, it should be in the RPG forum instead of general discussion

#8 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, yeah, i ment to put it on RPG but accidentily clicked "post" before i changed it.

#9 Posted by Iron Ninja (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello,  I posted and good posts people.  So we finally meet Christain,  I think he has a temper

#10 Posted by Iron Ninja (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are some really good post guys.  I will have mine up by later tonight. 

#11 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

Why so many One Line Posts and Pictures in the RPG?

#12 Edited by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"Why so many One Line Posts and Pictures in the RPG?"

the pics are supposed to be how we describe our dark sides and also represent each of the 7 sins like pride or wrath or even gluttony 
#13 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't post Pics in an RPG. 

#14 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"You don't post Pics in an RPG. "

how bout you check it before saying that
#15 Edited by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

Um no.... It's been stated several times before No Pics. You should be able to describe what is going on well enough so people dont need to actually see it. 

Also, lots of 1 liners in the rpg.......
#16 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Desilation said:
"Mer-Man said:

how bout you check it before saying that"
Gambler's own words :

Dont make your battles personal:

If you go into a fight with a chip on your shoulder to begin with, then we all know what happens next. Leave your ego at the door and freakin take a hit.

No God Moding:

Its absurd that there are Vine veterans who still haven't learned this. Its sad to be honest.

No Pictures:

Don't post a picture along with your post. Use enough detail and the reader should be able to visualize what your saying.

Never say your attacks cant be dodged:

Saying things like, "The bullet traveled so fast that there was no way character x could dodge it, stop it, deflect it, etc etc." Is weak and a form of God Moding. We all have superpowers or have based our characters off from comicbook characters. Dodging a bullet is nothing out of the ordinary. Let the player decide if they can dodge the bullet or not.

Don't use quote boxes
#17 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Desilation said:
"Mer-Man said:

how bout you check it before saying that"
Gambler's own words :

Dont make your battles personal:

If you go into a fight with a chip on your shoulder to begin with, then we all know what happens next. Leave your ego at the door and freakin take a hit.

No God Moding:

Its absurd that there are Vine veterans who still haven't learned this. Its sad to be honest.

No Pictures:

Don't post a picture along with your post. Use enough detail and the reader should be able to visualize what your saying.

Never say your attacks cant be dodged:

Saying things like, "The bullet traveled so fast that there was no way character x could dodge it, stop it, deflect it, etc etc." Is weak and a form of God Moding. We all have superpowers or have based our characters off from comicbook characters. Dodging a bullet is nothing out of the ordinary. Let the player decide if they can dodge the bullet or not.

Don't use quote boxes
"
ok well don't tell me tell holly cross
#18 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not on this team, You're her team-mate.....

You tell her

#19 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks Drift

#20 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio

those were in the unofficial or unspoken rules if im correct also

everyone in that tread posted pics including the create er i think she was game with it. since she makes the rules

I usually dont stand up for him but yeah

#21 Posted by Iron Ninja (340 posts) - - Show Bio

OK  lets get the record straight.......  The rules Gambler stated are correct, if it is a canon rpg.  However this is a team RPG and since the outsiders are the only ones doing it they can do it however they want to.  It should not matter to anyone else if they want to post pics or have short posts or whatever.  Now if this RPG was open to anybody then yes I would agree all the posts should follow the common rules.  The leader, Holly Cross posted the pics first so everybody else was just following her lead. 

I know people like to pic on Desi but for once this was not his doing, he was just following what the others were doing.

#22 Posted by Holly Cross (481 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"Um no.... It's been stated several times before No Pics. You should be able to describe what is going on well enough so people dont need to actually see it. 
"

Oh...I'm sorry? was the one liners and the pictures offensive to the code of RPG? I didn't know...did it offend you in some way?
#23 Posted by Iron Ninja (340 posts) - - Show Bio

I posted, no pictures or one liners....  Hope no one is offended

#24 Posted by power surge (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

truthfully, I don't think I'm doing very well in the rpg

#25 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"Why so many One Line Posts and Pictures in the RPG?"
Why does it matter? The pictures are there to further describe things. I like the  pictures - it gives me a better idea of what the writer is showing. If this was your RPG then you could decide the rules, but it's not, so bud out.

power surge said:
"truthfully, I don't think I'm doing very well in the rpg"
I think your doing fine.
#26 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
Holly Cross said:
"Mer-Man said:
"Um no.... It's been stated several times before No Pics. You should be able to describe what is going on well enough so people dont need to actually see it. 
"

Oh...I'm sorry? was the one liners and the pictures offensive to the code of RPG? I didn't know...did it offend you in some way?"
don't apologize hes just trying to give us a problem
#27 Posted by Iron Ninja (340 posts) - - Show Bio

I posted again.

#28 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

i posted too and its awesome

#29 Posted by Iron Ninja (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Desilation   I like your post, I can tell you put a lot of thought in it.  Good job.

#30 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
Iron Ninja said:
"Desilation   I like your post, I can tell you put a lot of thought in it.  Good job."

thanks was the ending ok though?
#31 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio
Desilation said:
"Holly Cross said:
"Mer-Man said:
"

Oh...I'm sorry? was the one liners and the pictures offensive to the code of RPG? I didn't know...did it offend you in some way?"
don't apologize hes just trying to give us a problem"
I think she was being sarcastic.
I just posted too.
#32 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
Magick said:
"Desilation said:
"Holly Cross said:
"Mer-Man said:
"

don't apologize hes just trying to give us a problem"
I think she was being sarcastic.
I just posted too.
"
did you see mine what did you think
#33 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw yours, i thought it was good.

#34 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
Magick said:
"I saw yours, i thought it was good."

did you like the dialogue
#35 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

yes. I don't think it matters if you use first person or third person as long as the writing is good, and it was.

#36 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks very much that means alot

#37 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

I just posted.  The formatting might be a little messed up -  my computer was acting weird when I typed it.

#38 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
Magick said:
"I just posted.  The formatting might be a little messed up -  my computer was acting weird when I typed it."

i see so what should i write after i defeated my sin? am i supposed to conclude my part in the story
#39 Posted by power surge (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone got any ideas for a new rpg ?

#40 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhhh A Phalanx version. The New Outsiders Base starts assemilating organic matter in order to conquer the world. Starts from the outside in. Our skin starts to turn to wire like phibers and our brain starts of think as one.

Or something like Age of Apocalypse

#41 Posted by power surge (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

thats pretty good. I have an idea how about we all have to face people from our pasts like I have to face my father.

what about that?

#42 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds cool. What about a trip to a parallel universe were we all have to meet (and probably fight ageist) the parallel versions of our selfs?

#43 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

uhuh

#44 Posted by power surge (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

that  sounds better than my idea

#45 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

Magicks idea is good, I like them all

#46 Posted by power surge (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

how about we battle our future selves?

#47 Posted by power surge (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

if it's alright with you guys could you try writing the first chapter of my story from your characters point of view?

#48 Posted by LstPaladin (9429 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds a lot like When Worlds Collide

#49 Posted by power surge (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

which post?

#50 Posted by LstPaladin (9429 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole RPG When Worlds Collide was based around the Ice Dragons going to an Earth in a different dimension, where they all met their alternate selves.