A crisis has developed, a crisis which, for reasons unknown, has caused the Universe as we know it to unfold four hundred years early. Now, familiar players are cast on a new stage, out of place in time. Good and evil, they must all work to uncover what threatens their world, for if they fail, the consequences would be unimaginable.
Our list of players...
1. Patricio Ramos, a former soldier of Spain who aided in the Spanish Inquisition. Patricio grew remorseful for his horrendous deeds and rose up against the Inquisitors, an insurrection which ended in failure. His capture left him rotting in shackles for the crime of treason, but he eventually escaped and fled Spain, where he was recruited by Queen Elizabeth of England. She had heard of his legendary skills and hired him as her agent in these trying times in exchange for amnesty and safe haven. Patricio is a masterful archer, and his time in the dismal dungeons of Spain trained his eyes against darkness, and his ears to the faintest of sounds. (Longshot)
2. Sebastian Quinn, the personal assistant to John Whitgift, the current Archbishop of Canterbury. Sebastian encourages the Archbishops fanaticism, being a driving force behind the illegalisation of Puritanism, something which brought high favour with Queen Elizabeth. Sebastian is secretly a devoted Satanist who worships Gods Brother as the Light Bringer, practices witchcraft and regularly performs ritual sacrifices. The majority of his family was executed by the Church in his youth and so he uses his position and power to slowly seek revenge on the Church and its followers. He joined the Cult whilst in his youth and in his cunning and guile he took control of it and has spread the worship of the Light Bringer in secret across the country, binding members into loyalty through sexual sacrificial rituals. (Urban_Spaceman)
3. Klaus Ziev (stagename Orpheus the All-Seeing) is a performer in a traveling Wünderkabinett. It is told that his prophesies always come true, and people come from miles around to learn of their path to fame and fortune. Woe be to those who hear of naught but their own deaths. As a child, Klaus was the heir to a small feudal kingdom within the Holy Roman Empire. His parents were killed in a clash with neighboring kingdom. Klaus was taken captive, made a slave to the Prince. His eyes were removed as punishment for foretelling the Prince's death in graphic detail. Despite his lack of sight, Klaus was eventually able to escape, and joined with the Wünderkabinett. The curiosities show occasionally comes into conflict with various church organizations, but usually they have vanished before any harm can befall them. Most of the town's valuables seem to vanish along with them. (Premonition)
4. Artair Edan Sinclair, genius Welsh inventor, highly esteemed doctor and close adviser to the Queen. Of all in Her Majesty's kingdom, Artair is the most well-versed on matters of medicine and science. Numerous everyday conveniences can be attributed to his inventive intellect. In fact, he is credited with inventing the first human-operated submarine, as well as the telescope. Despite being well into his 50's, he hasn't seemed to age a single day past 40, leading many to question just how he appears to remain such an age. It is a miracle that he has yet to be ousted for supernatural heresy. Only his personal sway on the Queen's opinions has kept him safe, despite numerous incidents that would of gotten any other peasant hung. (ZombieBigfoot)
5. A man with no real name, the man of puzzles is a mysterious traveling magician of sorts, indeed he does shows to impress and spice up the lives of the mundane, but he also tends to have an amazing persuasive voice. The more he performs his acts of amazing tricks and "Magic" he is shunned as a man of witchcraft and is the devils work, though the true magic is under the stage, where the man of puzzle's amazing creations of machinery make the tricks possible. How he gained his title was by often giving people both physical and mental conundrums to solve during his shows. (The_Puzzler)
6.Prince Victor, the strapping younger brother to Queen Elizabeth. Having just turned 18, he has found himself the second oldest member of the Royal children, and therefore, in a perfect spot to claim the throne upon his sister's death. He has grown up with an outward appearance of being a kind and loving Prince, showing great kindness for the subjects beneath him, when in truth, he is the complete opposite beneath the surface. Victor is biding his time, smiling, waving, and speaking his way into the Kingdom's hearts and trusts. He is an incredibly intelligent boy, easily stumping his instructors within mere weeks of first meeting them. This makes him all the more dangerous, as when he does claim the throne, it is doubtful his outward facade shall remain for very long.
7. Asani was a fighter ever since his birth, so it was no surprise that he was named rebellious. Regardless, the soon to be King was actually a happy man, generous, and filled with hope for his future. Not only that, but he was born with the innate gift of an animilistic sense. He was as strong as a Lion, as agile as a monkey, and as wise as a sea turtle. They said his future was to be one of great joy, both for him, and for his kingdom. And for the most part, that prophecy came true, but when a new type of group came to enslave his people, Asani prepares for times of hate and war. At his old age, the King isn't expected to fight this battle, but with his own children both mentally and physcically weaker than him, the Rebel must dig deep into his soul to fight a losing war with a much more advanced group of warriors. The only advantage his people have, is the communication with the animals, a newly discovered powerful metal, and a fire that water can never put out. (Soothing_Sounds)
8. Lady Laura Scarlet of the Letters, last in a long line of successions to the seat of lands end Castle RageCraft. Rumored to of been the last house of power, held by the pagans during the religious wars against the ancient Romans. Steeped in legends terrible & bloody. RageCraft is Hall shunned by the locals as a cursed place, that brings evil & woe to all who gaze upon it. Lady Laura herself lives there to this day a virtual prisoner within her own home besieged by those who would see her & her house fall.
9. In the Kingdom of Asani, Bwana Gruvu, translated to english as power man, was one of the few within the kingdom to fight for the people of his tribe. Men came on boats, stealing away his mother and brother in the dead of night, never to be heard from again. The sudden loss of his family triggered a need for revenge by the young Bwana, who reached out to the tribal shaman. The shaman who's wife and 5 daughters were raped and kidnapped the same night, granted Bwana with the ability turn all evils set upon him and the people of africa loose upon their enemies twice fold. He would have a hide thicker than a rhino, run faster than a cheetah, and shoot fire with no arrows. He fights with and often seeks council with his king and general, Asani, known to the white men as Rebellious. In a war that seems futile, The king now speaks of seeking allies within the enemy ranks, rumored beings not unlike himself and Bwana.
(This is an OPEN RPG. All you have to do is write a short character bio, similar to the one I did above, and post it here. Feel free to PM me with any questions.)