• 93 results
#1 Edited by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

12 Angry Dudes

A lot of what happens on the Vine revolves around crime, whether you are fighting crime or committing crimes. Yet we rarely ever dwell on what happens after the bad guy gets defeated, or who takes the blame when the villain gets away with it. Well, I've got two words for you, Comicvine:

Jury duty.

That's right, you've been called up to be on the jury of the latest headline-grabbing, head-scratching mystery to hit the nation! Never before in the history of the judicial system has a jury consisted of such a large variety of ninjas and supermen! Will you vote guilty or not guilty? Has the victim been framed or will he get away with it? How will any of you possibly go five minutes without beating each other's brains out?!

Justice will be served! But today, you're going to have to put on a different kind of suit...

Rules

• As the name indicates, this is an RPG for 12 people. First come, first serve.
  • If anyone becomes inactive during the RPG, they will become an NPC and I will assume control of their decisions.
  • You don't need to make an alternate civilian account for this, your normal account will do fine.
  • This will take place in the United States of America, so it is preferred that your character is a US citizen (or is disguised as one!)
  • As opposed to the usual action-based RPGs around here, this should be a more intellectual, dialogue-heavy affair. If you have superpowers, you can't use them; if you have a sword, you can't stab the other jurors.
  • The objective is to end up with a unanimous vote for either guilty or not guilty. In the OP I will present the available evidence and the testimony of the witnesses. The evidence presented in the OP is the only evidence you will have to go by, you can't make anything up on the spot, you must stick to the facts.
  • If your character is a genocidal maniac with no interest in anything other than the death of humanity... this probably isn't the RPG for you... >_>
  • Have fun! Good, honest, intellectual fun! :D

The Jurors

1. Pyrogram
  2. Amazing Angel
  3. Marco Smith
  4. Tranquil
  5. Icarusflies
  6. Cellphonegirl
  7. Shadow Swordmaster
  8. DarkKnightDetective
  9. Shadowknight666
  10. Crimson Eagle
  11. Armistice
  12. Demolition Guy

#2 Edited by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

Count the Emerald Knight of Justice in?

Oh and for some reason the rules were a better read than the OP >_> Strange man <_< OP was fun though, but the rules gave it character xP

#3 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Sure thing :)

Thought it'd be nice to try something different... and I love that movie xD

#4 Posted by Pro_Nelson (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

This very interesting, I couldn't do it lol xD.

But good luck with this man

#5 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

@pro_nelson: Haha, yeah it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I thought I'd see if this was something people were interested in doing :P

Still, the thing about writing is sometimes to improve you need to take a step outside your comfort zone. This might not be something you think you'd be very good at, but I still think you should try it ;)

#6 Edited by AmazingAngel (4067 posts) - - Show Bio

He's innocent dammit, that guy got a limp! I'm in :)

#7 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

Still, the thing about writing is sometimes to improve you need to take a step outside your comfort zone. This might not be something you think you'd be very good at, but I still think you should try it ;)

Guy should be a writing guru.

#8 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Pro_Nelson (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@pro_nelson: Haha, yeah it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I thought I'd see if this was something people were interested in doing :P

I agree, This isn't even fighting and adventure stuff. Just simple writing of situational events. I actually like stuff like this but I'm myself personally am all over the place so it would be weird lol. Still like I said great great idea !

#10 Edited by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@_eclipse_: Hah! Look at you (Not) adding Nelson already with a ( xP ) LOL!

>.>

#11 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

@pro_nelson: Fair enough :) lemme know if you change your mind! And if not, we need to RPG together somewhere else :P

@pyrogram: I'm sorry, I don't see anything... >_>

;)

#12 Posted by Pro_Nelson (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@_eclipse_: I agree I'll PM you and the bouncing around of ideas will commence...(P.S. I want you to look at everyones av so far see a pattern xD)

#13 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

@pro_nelson: Haha, I noticed xD

Left-side-of-face-avs! They're all the rage!

#14 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@_eclipse_: Right side of the face you fool, Mirror effect right? >.>

#15 Posted by AmazingAngel (4067 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else think this might get out of hand, like a stabbing or a spontaneous dancing or something, IDK I haven't read the rules yet.

#16 Edited by Pro_Nelson (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@pro_nelson: Haha, I noticed xD

Left-side-of-face-avs! They're all the rage!

If I were my character I'd be like can someone please get this camera out of my face >_> LOL

#17 Edited by The_Imp (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds peachy. Should be fun to watch. :)

#18 Edited by _Marco_Smith_ (1621 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds fun. I'd like to try it.

#19 Posted by Tranquil (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

Put me down.

#20 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Feral Nova (46389 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh jury duty.... had to go through that two months ago >.<

#22 Posted by Tranquil (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: *Survives via toxin resistance* :P

#23 Edited by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Tranquil (3356 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Icarusflies (12466 posts) - - Show Bio

O____O

I WANT TO BE A JUROR

#26 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Icarusflies (12466 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: I hated jury DUTY, when I had to go in for the selection process. It would have been cool to be on a case.

#28 Posted by Tranquil (3356 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Icarusflies (12466 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Tranquil (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

@icarusflies: I know, just had to heckle ya real quick. lol

#31 Posted by Crimson Eagle (1817 posts) - - Show Bio

12 angry men is such a great movie, one one my favorites. Hope all ones well! ^_^

#32 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Feral Nova (46389 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#35 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1621 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched the movie. Loved it.

#36 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

12 angry men is such a great movie, one one my favorites. Hope all ones well! ^_^

I read the play in High School :P

#37 Posted by Crimson Eagle (1817 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (12217 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like fun I'm in.

#39 Edited by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster: @cellphonegirl: Welcome aboard :)

Only 5 more slots guys!

@crimson_eagle: Watched it last year as part of a movie marathon. Wasn't that excited about it because it beat one of the movies I wanted to watch.

IT BLEW MY MIND. It's just so freaking clever. It's 12 dudes in a room together, talking. Takes something special to make that exciting. The last 10 minutes or so were just GENIUS.

#40 Posted by Crimson Eagle (1817 posts) - - Show Bio

@_eclipse_: Just the fact that they're unveiling the case as they talk made it clever, it was just amazing.

#42 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@_eclipse_: Is this cannon or non-cannon? Absolutely no superpowers? Not even enhanced senses that could tell me if they are lying?

Either way I have to serve jury duty.

#45 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective: I'd like it to be canon, but realistically this is probably gonna have to be non-canon.

And no, you can't use any cheating techniques like that. You have the evidence and you have your brain, just like in a normal jury, lol

#46 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@_eclipse_: How do you explain 12 heroes/villains serving jury duty at the same time?

I had to ask. I always wanted to pull a Daredevil.

#47 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

So I have to have CPG be smart. This is going to be tough :P

"She may be innocent, but I know for a fact she is guilty for that bad haircut."

#48 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@cellphonegirl: My character is probably going to want to kill her.

"Is she really that plastic?".

#49 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@cellphonegirl: My character would want to kill yours for being so superficial.