• 135 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#101 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoseFairchild: Yeah I saw this earlier on tumblr XD already reblogged it <3

#102 Edited by animehunter (1888 posts) - - Show Bio

Preview for Issue 10

It looks like Rose has left N.O.W.H.E.R.E, by the look of it, NOT HER IDEA.

Issue #10

• Someone claiming to be Terra’s brother comes to the team. Unfortunately, Deathstroke the Terminator isn’t far behind him!

• The Ravagers are having serious trust issues already, so a visit from the world’s deadliest assassin certainly won’t help!

Written by: Michael Alan NelsonArt by: Ig Guara - Norm RapmundCover by: Ken LashleyColor/B&W: ColorPage Count: 32U.S. Price: 2.99On Sale Date: Mar 13 2013
#103 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated with her appearance in The Ravagers #10. As always, updates are in bold and at the end of each section.

#104 Posted by RoseFairchild (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you RoseWilsonTheRavager on tumblr?

#105 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoseFairchild: That's me, yes

#106 Edited by animehunter (1888 posts) - - Show Bio
#107 Edited by animehunter (1888 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated with her appearances in The Ravagers #11 and Deathstroke #19...

#109 Edited by ATB877 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Found something intriguing: Read Team 7 issue 3. There is white haired girl in there that calls someone Poppa in her native language. that might connect to Rose.

#110 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@atb877: I've seen that theory floating around, but it's impossible for that girl to be Rose, given the interactions in Deathstroke #19

#111 Edited by ATB877 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

True but it was something that caught my eye. Still Rose's history is very unclear. There are many unanswered questions and I doubt we will get much answers in Deathstroke 20 but hopefully Ravagers 12 might shed some light? I am still doubting Adeline is her biological mother. By the way, I love your dedication to the character. Your first post was a pleasure to read with the issue updates and very organized.

#112 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@atb877: Well, according to Justin Jordan's twitter when asked about it, he said that Rose "certainly considers" Addie to be her mother, but hinted that she might not be Rose's biological mother. However, he couldn't say more, because he is no longer writing her and therefore the backstory he had planned for her might get changed or be unused, so he'd just be getting fans' hopes up and putting her next writer in a bad position if that happened. So... yeah it's a mess. There had better be some clarification in the final issue of The Ravagers, which seems to be offering some backstory clarification on at least Fairchild.

Also, thank you, I do my best to keep Rose updated on this site. Hell, I've been updating her wiki, too, every Wednesday at 3 a.m.whenever she makes an appearance =P (the advantages of digitial, lol)

#113 Edited by animehunter (1888 posts) - - Show Bio

Previews available for Deathstroke 20 & The Ravagers 12 (Both FINAL issues)

*****THE RAVAGERS #12*****

• As Caitlin and Rose deal with the shocking revelation about their origins, Deathstroke takes down the remaining Ravagers. This is the end!

Written by: Michael Alan Nelson
Art by: Ig Guara - Norm Rapmund
Cover by: Ken Lashley
Color/B&W: Color
Page Count: 32
U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: May 8 2013

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/6a75a8ai16435/prv16435_cov.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/6a75a8ai16435/prv16435_pg1.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/6a75a8ai16435/prv16435_pg2.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/6a75a8ai16435/prv16435_pg3.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/6a75a8ai16435/prv16435_pg4.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/6a75a8ai16435/prv16435_pg5.jpg

*****DEATHSTROKE #20*****

• The most accomplished cape-killer in the world gets the chance to add to his legacy when Deathstroke comes face to face with his daughter Rose and The Ravagers!

Written by: Justin Jordan
Art by: Edgar Salazar - Scott Hanna
Cover by: Aaron Kuder
Color/B&W: Color
Page Count: 32
U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: May 8 2013

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/785df42i16431/prv16431_cov.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/785df42i16431/prv16431_pg1.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/785df42i16431/prv16431_pg2.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/785df42i16431/prv16431_pg3.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/785df42i16431/prv16431_pg4.jpg

#114 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated with her appearances in The Ravagers #12 and Deathstroke #20

As always, updates are in bold at the end of each section.

#116 Posted by animehunter (1888 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravager4: Sorry forgot to add

Just to let you know you are now listed in the General discussion forum, happens when you do a full edit

#117 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: oh, um.... any way to fix that?

Edit: never mind, figured it out.

#118 Edited by animehunter (1888 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravager4: No worries

Damn, Not exactly how I wanted it to end. I was kind of expecting Rose and Caitlin not being BFFs anymore, bit to that extent no, and to leave it with them captured and in the process of being brainwashed to work for Harvest again, definitely not what I wanted.

Hopefully things will turn out OK in whatever issue they turn up in or am I just being way to optimistic for my own good.

Now that Rose is no longer working for Harvest, do you think she will join with Deathstroke or go out on her own, possibly resulting in her own book, and what about Terra what do you the future might hold for her?

Edit: And now that she away from Harvest control, would this give her the chance to be the hero she could be, or considering what she has while working for him, is it too late for her to go down that route.

#119 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter said:

@ravager4: No worries

Damn, Not exactly how I wanted it to end. I was kind of expecting Rose and Caitlin not being BFFs anymore, bit to that extent no, and to leave it with them captured and in the process of being brainwashed to work for Harvest again, definitely not what I wanted.

Hopefully things will turn out OK in whatever issue they turn up in or am I just being way to optimistic for my own good.

Now that Rose is no longer working for Harvest, do you think she will join with Deathstroke or go out on her own, possibly resulting in her own book, and what about Terra what do you the future might hold for her?

Edit: And now that she away from Harvest control, would this give her the chance to be the hero she could be, or considering what she has while working for him, is it too late for her to go down that route.

Um, well considering Rose already hated Slade BEFORE he went and killed her brothers, yeah I'd say it's doubtful she'd go with him. Most likely she went off on her own. Slade even said himself in his narration that he destroyed any chance of reconciling with his daughter. I don't think she'll get her own book, either. As much as I love her, I don't think she has the draw power right now to hold her own book for very long, especially considering how cancel-happy DC has been lately. Then again, Katana and Vibe got their own books so anything is possible... not that either is doing so well.

And it's never too late to change her ways. If you read back through the little timeline thing I created in the update here, we can infer that after Rose was abducted by Harvest, she was forced to work for him or else, well, he'd kill her. Some of her dialogue even supports that in the more recent issues, with her sounding more afraid of Harvest and disobeying him than actually wanting to work for him. I don't think she'll ever be a goody-goody hero like most others, perhaps more of an anti-hero, but she could definitely start trying to do the right thing now that she's free.

#120 Posted by UrbanChill (221 posts) - - Show Bio

wow you did such a great job with this

#121 Edited by animehunter (1888 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravager4 said:

@animehunter said:

@ravager4: No worries

Damn, Not exactly how I wanted it to end. I was kind of expecting Rose and Caitlin not being BFFs anymore, bit to that extent no, and to leave it with them captured and in the process of being brainwashed to work for Harvest again, definitely not what I wanted.

Hopefully things will turn out OK in whatever issue they turn up in or am I just being way to optimistic for my own good.

Now that Rose is no longer working for Harvest, do you think she will join with Deathstroke or go out on her own, possibly resulting in her own book, and what about Terra what do you the future might hold for her?

Edit: And now that she away from Harvest control, would this give her the chance to be the hero she could be, or considering what she has while working for him, is it too late for her to go down that route.

Um, well considering Rose already hated Slade BEFORE he went and killed her brothers, yeah I'd say it's doubtful she'd go with him. Most likely she went off on her own. Slade even said himself in his narration that he destroyed any chance of reconciling with his daughter. I don't think she'll get her own book, either. As much as I love her, I don't think she has the draw power right now to hold her own book for very long, especially considering how cancel-happy DC has been lately. Then again, Katana and Vibe got their own books so anything is possible... not that either is doing so well.

And it's never too late to change her ways. If you read back through the little timeline thing I created in the update here, we can infer that after Rose was abducted by Harvest, she was forced to work for him or else, well, he'd kill her. Some of her dialogue even supports that in the more recent issues, with her sounding more afraid of Harvest and disobeying him than actually wanting to work for him. I don't think she'll ever be a goody-goody hero like most others, perhaps more of an anti-hero, but she could definitely start trying to do the right thing now that she's free.

I agree with you, as well as her being more of an anti-hero than a hero-hero. I actually remember saying in a previous thread - "if she does get her own series (I hope she does), I would see her more of an anti-hero, not to the extent of the Punisher, but slightly similar to how she was before the relaunch."

#122 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: Ooh, yeah, definitely not the extent of the Punisher... I've really always thought he was rather psychotic, myself. I don't mind Rose killing if she has to, it's part of her character, but I can't stand it when writers try to portray her as some sort of bloodthirsty villain who kills just because she can. That is not Rose at all. She has her own morals, her own code.

Ultimately she will try to do the right thing, and if she has to go about it in a less than admirable way, she will. She isn't Batman or Superman or any of those types, and she doesn't pretend to be. She'll try to avoid killing if she doesn't have to, because it eats away at her, it's not something she wants to be known for. If the need arises, however, she won't hesitate to get the job done, not because she enjoys it, but because, according to her own morals, it's a necessary act.

To me, that is Rose.

wow you did such a great job with this

thank you :D

#123 Posted by ATB877 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you seen Deathstroke's Teen Titans villain month book which mentions family problems? I think there is a good chance Rose will end up in Teen Titans.

#124 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@atb877: Yes, I have, though the solicit does rather confuse me. On the one hand, most of his family is currently dead. Only Rose is still alive (well, and Jericho, but he doesn't know that, plus Joey is a psychopath at the moment), which would lead me to believe that it will be covering a flashback... however, we've already seen multiple flashbacks concerning his family in his own book (albeit sans Rose, probably because they hadn't figured out how the heck she fit into his past yet), plus the cover has the Teen Titans in the background, which would then lead me to believe that it takes place in the current time... but theeen, that would mean that Rose is for some reason still with him, despite the fact that she hates him and that he killed Grant to stop Jericho, PLUS the solicit mentions his "home life", again leading back to the flashback possibility, since he doesn't have a home life currently...

so, um... yeah. Using this as a way to drop Rose off on the Teen TItans was a possibility that crossed my mind, but again, there are so many things about that solicit that confuses me and points in another direction, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

#125 Posted by RageTH22 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda forgot about this place for a while..

Anything new on Rose? Or has she been MIA lately?
I can't keep up with comics real well, I kinda rely on word-of-mouth from others online, but I don't have many comic book friends.

#126 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@rageth22: she's been in limbo ever since The Ravagers and Deathstroke ended. I'm assuming/hoping she'll die up in Deathstroke's villains month issue, since it says it will involve his family, and she's the only family he has left. But after that, who knows. Given the state of DC lately, I'm but exactly optimistic.

#127 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio
#128 Posted by animehunter (1888 posts) - - Show Bio
#129 Edited by animehunter (1888 posts) - - Show Bio
#130 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio
#131 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey @ravager4! How's it going. You've probably heard about the Grayson comic book thats starting up. What are you're thoughts on having Rose and Grayson be partners/agents under Spyral

#132 Edited by animehunter (1888 posts) - - Show Bio
#133 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter said:

@ravager4: Just in case you missed it, you might want to read the latest Superboy, Superboy #32 - Happenings.

Oh, I saw it. Rose is inexplicably back with NOWHERE, in spite of being freed from NOWHERE in her last appearance, a year ago. More of DC ignoring their own canon for no damn reason. I just don't care anymore. DC is dead to me.

#134 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

Hey @ravager4! How's it going. You've probably heard about the Grayson comic book thats starting up. What are you're thoughts on having Rose and Grayson be partners/agents under Spyral

Helena Bertinelli is his partner...not Rose.

#135 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravager4 said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

Hey @ravager4! How's it going. You've probably heard about the Grayson comic book thats starting up. What are you're thoughts on having Rose and Grayson be partners/agents under Spyral

Helena Bertinelli is his partner...not Rose.

Yeah, i posted this way back before DC announced who his partner would be based on a speculation thread i started.

http://www.comicvine.com/dick-grayson/4005-1691/forums/oh-the-possibilities-1555355/#28

#136 Edited by animehunter (1888 posts) - - Show Bio