DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathHero61
No Caption Provided

I watch allot of teen titans go and teen titans. So it made me curious, how powerful is the comic incarnation of raven in comparison to her animated incarnation?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Might want to put this the Raven forum

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't know much about her, and her powers from what I gather is really hard to gauge. But she seems pretty damn powerful, by far the strongest on TT.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bruxae: Beast Boy definitely don't wear the pants in that relationship.

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

I don't know much about her, and her powers from what I gather is really hard to gauge. But she seems pretty damn powerful, by far the strongest on TT.

Potentially, definitely. But wasn't Starfire somewhat in her league as well? I mean she did fight Wonder Woman after all.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@deathhero61: Eveyone/thing that has a wiki page has a forum, just go to their wiki page and click the forum tab. : )

tsalmavet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven is very powerful in the comics. In the comics she is a pacifist and is not as aggressive as she is in the cartoon because she is afraid of releasing Trigon so she usually uses her powers to heal and not to fight. But she probably is way more powerful than cartoon Raven especially if she was not a pacifist.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven if given the chance can solo superman. She's dc's most powerful empath. Well her low speed and durability feats are what holds are back.

Too bad she isn't marvel, Hulk would be so much easier to handle with raven around

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Outside_85

The thing is that the cartoon had to cut a few corners when it came to Raven and her backstory, so her killing of Trigon and restoring the world (while a one time event), is all to her credit. In the comics, the death of Trigon was the result of a thousand years worth of planning and preparing where Raven was the end game, but it was her body and powers that Azar needed to kill Trigon.

Normally though, for the sake of the writer and the team, Raven is subdued about the amount of power she has, which only really appears when she is either angry or the dark side has taken hold of her; where she rather easily manages to flatten teams of friends and foes on her own. Which marks her as the most powerful of the Titans ever, a perception I think most writers are aware of even if they aren't allowed to or just cant show it.

That said, how powerful she is would only really get explored if she was to have a mini or solo series where we could see her operate outside of the limitations team books automatically bring with them.

She has pedigree of the N'th degree
She has pedigree of the N'th degree
Non-canon ofc... but it's by Claremont, so who are we to argue?
Non-canon ofc... but it's by Claremont, so who are we to argue?
Not really straining herself
Not really straining herself

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#13  Edited By black_wreath

A fellow demon informs her she could "turn the heavens to ashes. Destroy planets. Consume fire and air. Make dark the eternal night. Blot out every star in the sky." So I'd say pretty powerful without morality holding her back, seemingly almost limitless if she chose that path.

brickwall32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevoidofdeath: no one wants to give her much of the spotlight seeing as she is considered to be a goth hero. Which is so far from what she could be but hey that's DC for you.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brickwall32

: Indeed, this is so . People in the comic vine underestimate her , but the scans do not lie . They will tell me she is 5% of the Phoenix Force , or that Jean alone without Phoenix can defeat her. I simply explained Raven in a full blown out battle ( White/Trigon Possessed), will be one of the only characters like Phoenix to pull her from a higher to a lower energy state . They're both so very special , and I think the writers should display Raven at full potential .

-Ley