Posted by Renchamp (3016 posts) - - Show Bio

Deleted, suckers.

#1 Posted by StarKiller809 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Then don't read them. If you feel they are pointless just ignore them.
#2 Posted by Renchamp (3016 posts) - - Show Bio
@StarKiller809: Impossible, but thank you for having decent blogs.
#3 Posted by SC (13396 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree.  

Though, don't be too extreme. For the last two months, I have been compiling data, eyewitness accounts, testimonials, evidence, photos, fingerprints, drawings, and other such evidence and info for my second blog. Possibly I have gone from one extreme to another. Blogs I view as a form of expression. People shouldn't shortchange themselves a chance to express themselves. The time we live in now, the luxury we have in being able to communicate so much of ourselves thoughts and ideas to so many in bulk so easily and effortlessly. Wonder bar! 

#4 Posted by Amegashita (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I always try to make my blogs a decent size, and to have them all serve a purpose, to inform.  Not all people are like that, but there are many who's blogs have a rhyme and reason for existing.

#5 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio

You get quests for blogging? What is a quest for? And what should a blog be about? I think I only did one, but would that fall into the category of "You suck stay out of the blogspere"?

#6 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Renchamp said:
As stated elsewhere, I enjoy an occasional stroll through the user blogs section. Sometimes the people I follow don't post for a while and I can whet my blog appetite by seeing what others are up to. I notice, however, that there are many people who blog simply to get quest points. At least four or five blogs are posted a day that either say "First blog" or nothing at all. Yes, you are technically posting a blog. No, you are not posting a blog. A blog is a web log. It chronicles, informs, or muses (and hopefully amuses).

I, and many others, grow tired of slogging through blogs that don't do anything but rack up quest points. A quest is epic. A quest is an adventure. It takes time. Doing the blog quest quickly is not only a testament to one's own impatience, but it cheapens the site if done haphazardly. So, more or less, this simply asks that the community work together, both old and young members, to make blogs a respectable task. Do it right and earn those questing points. Proceed.
:/ I dont care about quest points and I write blogs all of the time xD
#7 Posted by Renchamp (3016 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Always well said.
#8 Posted by pikahyper (12721 posts) - - Show Bio

I finished that quest naturally and it took ages, my blogs are not all that great but they do serve some purpose usually.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by thehummingbird (3358 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed though I may be posting more of a Harley rant, and later an analysis of why geoff johns is a sick disgusting pig. 

#10 Posted by leokearon (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

My blogs are mostly Marvel Universe and other 3.75 Marvel lines toy news
#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people complain about reading something that they don't have to read? Did someone have a gun to your head demanding you read every blog you see posted?

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio

Be happy you haven't run into any sex blogs yet.

#13 Posted by SC (13396 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
Why do people complain about reading something that they don't have to read? Did someone have a gun to your head demanding you read every blog you see posted?

I don't know, why do people complain about other people complaining? Could it be their are just pointing out a preference, making a structured criticism or expressing opinions and thoughts?  Could it be that both people in that hypothetical, aren't actually complaining? Or possibly even that the first person isn't complaining but the second person is? That would be ironic. Unless the first guy was actually complaining, the second guy wasn't, and the third guy pointing out to the second guy was complaining =p (see how wonderful the English language and assumptions and rhetoric can be) 

Plus yeah, I actually hold a gun to his head and tell him he has to read every blog. I am very ashamed of myself. =p
#14 Posted by SC (13396 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

Yeah that was awkward, but in my defense, Michael Fassbender really did have me questioning my sexuality. 
#15 Posted by azza04 (1492 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Yeah that was awkward, but in my defense, Michael Fassbender really did have me questioning my sexuality.

Thank God I'm not the only one. I definitely felt some man love for Fassbender to.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: well as long as he has a good reason............
#17 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Pardon me for asking, but aren't comicvine blogs just glorified forum posts?

#18 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably should avoid mine then. I use blogs when i write something general unimportant, and very rarely, which is usually to put up some kind of expanded status update for those that care to know.
I use that feature so there's a note for those individuals, yet can keep them detached from any of the forums themselves in the interest of not bogging those down with my dram. In any case I recall the notion here that when in their own Blog, the user can make it about whatever they choose it to be about, within merit.

#19 Posted by Renchamp (3016 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: @joshmightbe: You don't know how scary SC can be when he learns that I've failed reading my quota of blogs. Pistol whips are his loving warnings. I've had fingers shot off for major discrepancies. Typing this blog was very hard...
#20 Posted by SC (13396 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Renchamp... 

#21 Posted by MrUnknown (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone's degree of importance varies. Not every blog is going to feel important but there are some gems that you run into now and then.

#22 Posted by Billy Batson (58356 posts) - - Show Bio

They are annoying sometimes.

BB

#23 Posted by tbone1225 (210 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, but whenever something is important to people like Comic Vine is to us, there will be about 1 in 10 who actually take it seriously. I'll admit that I started a forum thread that really wasn't worth anyone's time before just for quest points. Then I actually felt crappy about it. I think the nice thing is that in the long run those questers slowly lose interest, because they're being really shallow with their Comic Vine use, and you start noticing the real gems among the newbs. The unfortunate thing is that more and more shallow bloggers are going to keep popping up. Sigh. Here's to hoping you find some really interesting stuff on this site.

#24 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio
@Renchamp: For the time being those blogs have a new home.  
#25 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm considering that blog quest to be a long-term commitment. I want 20 good blogs.