Torn about Quests

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

Edited By Liberty

First let me saw I enjoy doing the Quests but I am disappointed in the amount of scavenger hunt Quests lately. I would like to see more Quests that would require work. I really was frustrated by the Quests that took time but I felt like I actually did something when I completed the Quest. Quests like Tactical Nuke, Major Fan, Super Sup Check, Respected Critic and Critic of Critics were all quests that made me feel like I did something. They got me out of my shell and participating in things I would not have otherwise. I am still trying to get the Chaste Monk done for crying-out-loud. Not only that when I did the Super Sup Check I got twenty seven days in a row and my grandfather died and I missed a day. I had to start all over and when I finally did it I felt thrilled. Yes, it is frustrating but when I'm done I will have earned something.

Now I would like to suggest some ways to do this and I think it would be easy to do. First and foremost would be limited time quests. I know we already have quests like we do above and you can't just double up the same quest permanently but what about limited time quests? Having similar quests that only last a month or so and then end. Then you can bring them back in six months a year or what ever you want.

Here is an example. Have a quests like you have to write a review everyday consistently for a week or two. You can vary the time anytime you want. How about earning 100 wiki points everyday for ten days? There are a ton of ways this can be done. You could also reward a quest to someone who works on a point bounty.

The whole point is earning your level as appose to just randomly getting it by just browsing the website. The scavenger hunt style is usually a pretty popular character, object or place. You can easily level up pretty high by just looking around. When I found out there was a new quest and started it, the Quest only took me an hour to find all the answers. I just feel this would be a better system. What do you think?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

I'd agree more long-term tasks would be cool to see. Wiki-related quests are kind of dangerous though. Quality needs to be emphasized over quantity. A good amount of people got wiki-banned desperately plagiarizing content to get the nuke & major fan. We're still cleaning up that mess. Personally, I'd like to see a quest where people have to complete tasks. You saw yourself how hard that was cleaning up after one of the aforementioned banned people.

I wouldn't mind more scavenger hunts, I have fun with them, they make me think.

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Liberty
@Shatterstar: 

I can't argue with that point.  Perhapse Wiki quests are not the best.  However, maybe we could have a moderate accepted Wiki Quest.  So when you finish your quest it would be pending approval.
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
@Liberty said:
" @Shatterstar:   I can't argue with that point.  Perhapse Wiki quests are not the best.  However, maybe we could have a moderate accepted Wiki Quest.  So when you finish your quest it would be pending approval. "
Thats one idea. I've been of the opinion that subs worth 500 points or more should go through moderation. I think that'd significantly cut down on people trying to game points via ripping off other sites.
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Liberty
@Shatterstar: 
I'm 100% behind you on that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a82f294c6df1
deactivated-5a82f294c6df1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Totally agree. Despite being on the site for only a week I can see we need some fair play on it.

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Liberty

Thank you.  You have only been on a week and you are level 19 already.  Glad to see your comments and welcome to comicvine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a82f294c6df1
deactivated-5a82f294c6df1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

:D

COINRETURNSLOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By COINRETURNSLOT

I agree. Some of the quests are pretty ridiculous.