Quests... Poof?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for masterlogan2000
masterlogan2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So it looks like with the new site design, the Quests are gone. Am I missing something? No more hunting for pages on CV and no more Levels on members. At least there's no more frustration on broken Quests... that was super annoying.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah it seemed like more trouble then it was worth, although its slightly sad to see them gone.. I know alot of people including myself got into the site in big part thanks to the quests.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Just strip away our levels.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh sh**, I didn't even notice my level was gone.

This sucks.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By EMH_Bruce
No Caption Provided

There's still hope

CrashLanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emh_bruce: In the words of John Fogerty: 'Someday' Never Comes.

So sad...

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@crashlanden: I just try to think positive

/All will be well, all will be well..../

No Caption Provided

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some Day One Day by Queen :)

CrashLanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CrashLanden

@emh_bruce: " I just try to think positive

/All will be well, all will be well..../"

A good way to be...

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I recall Capt. Cascader said that the Quest system wouldn't make it over to this new site. I believe he said something to the effect not enough people were doing them. I also speculate it may have been too time consuming to get all that data set up, but I don't know anything regarding codes and the like. I can understand, though, it does seem like it would be a big undertaking.

Still...I enjoyed the Quests. They were fun! Nothing to do with having "levels", I just enjoyed doing them. The whole level concept, I can live without it, but it was still a blast seeing how far one could go earning points with the Quests.

One can hope they could return, but I rather doubt the Quests will pop up again. R.I.P. Quests!

Avatar image for masterlogan2000
masterlogan2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By masterlogan2000

I think that the quests were a big reason why I have stayed with the site in the first place. I never would have grown fond of the rest of the features of CV if the Quests didn't keep me coming back and looking at all the different pages.

It's a great feature to have, but yes, it may be time-consuming on both the side of programming the quests and keeping them up to date. CV did a poor job as it was to maintain and keep them updated and bug-free, but that didn't detract from the fun.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#12  Edited By TronHammer

I liked the quests.

I just wish they had all worked correctly.

If not enough people were doing the quests it could be because the quests were in some way broken and were never maintained. That took the fun out of doing them.

The quests were a unique and valuable way to get people t explore the site and find things they otherwise might never have thought of.

The quests also inspired participation with the webpage in a fun and entertaining way.

I thought there were too few and many characters had been skipped that should have been part the quests such as Tarzan or other famous characters.

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah I like the quests, it gave me a reason to stay on ComicVine waiting for some news..... Sucks we lost our levels, I do hope they bring the quests back one day, Ill work till my level soars

entropicage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By entropicage

I'm so disappointed... the quests is what got me coming to the site in the first place, and what convinced me to stick around. I learned so much about super comics thanks to them. :-/

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

The information from the quests has been saved though (the xp point totals)

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

how....dare....they....

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

The Quests are what got me to sign up over two years ago. Something about that little pop up in the bottom right corner...........

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

tea8765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 12

I guess I will be back time to time for the wiki but the days of me spending hours and hours on this site are over, it was fun while it lasted, see you guys around...

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By FlashKnight

The quests introduced me to the site and got me into it, I hope they eventually come back, I enjoyed them :(

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like the old site better. I just noticed the were gone and I'm kind of missing them. I also hate that you actually have to write a review to give a comic a rating. I judged what books I got each week in part by their ratings and now they're gone.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I spent so much time completing those quests. My blood,toil,sweat and tears were poured into it. And I'm mourning my levels.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also spend a bunch of time just trying to solve them. Hate to say it, but the only reason I ever edited anything was because it was part of a quest. Mainly because it was a time issue.

But TBH I dont really like this version. While I'm sure there is more to it, the changes just seem kinda pointless & superficial. Offhand, the gallieries are different, & I dont really like it. But then, I preferred the gallery from before the last version.

neomantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crap. I loved the quests.

howlettgrowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By howlettgrowl

The Quests are what got me to sign up over two years ago. Something about that little pop up in the bottom right corner...........

that feeling of accomplishing quests and seeing that little guy pop up...those were the days...

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26  Edited By Pokeysteve

@pokeysteve said:

that feeling of accomplishing quests and seeing that little guy pop up...those were the days...

I really miss that little level bar under my menu bar at the top. Those were the days indeed. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get to do the all over again!!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm just kinda upset I never got to reach Level 34 now, because I was right on the CUSP of getting there from Level 33 and had been that way for almost 2 years before the Quests were done away with. Now I'll never have had the honor of knowing if I could reach that point. :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

Why were they removed, anyways?

Radie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I miss the quests too.. But the real frustrating part is the lack of communication about them missing... even reading this thread, there is about one guy that kinda sorta remembers someone saying they werent going to make it to the new version.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll do the right thing and bring them back, but when you blatantly ignore so many voices already asking for it, I have major doubts.

UltimateSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if quests aren't ever coming back, why keep the "Quest Forum"? Pretty counter-intuitive if you ask me...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genesisx said:

So if quests aren't ever coming back, why keep the "Quest Forum"? Pretty counter-intuitive if you ask me...

Some things are harder to let go than others!

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These were gone before i got here so i do not know what i missed out on.

UltimateSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By UltimateSaiyan

These were gone before i got here so i do not know what i missed out on.

They were a way for the users to become interactive and involved in learning about comics. From these quests, you could learn about the Batman family, or the original X-Men, etc. The odd thing is, Anime Vice and Screened still use quests, whereas the site that would be most successful in using it (Comicvine) abandoned it. Before quests, I had never heard of "Bat-girl", the golden-age one. I didn't know about Mon-El, or Azrael, etc.

Cypher4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This was very upsetting. I only come on here once in a while. Usually just to comment on a forum or to do quests. Been a while since I tried to do any quests...and suddenly I could find them no more. Bummer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cypher4: You've been here over 2 years and are still at double digits? You remind me of someone.

Cypher4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501: Not sure what exactly that's supposed to mean about reminding you of someone. Anyway, as I mentioned, I only come on once in a while. Quite frankly, my amount of posting shouldn't be a concern of anyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cypher4: You remind me of myself, just the past 2 years I became really active.

Cypher4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cypher4

@scorpion2501: Oh ok. I'm active at times then will go months without logging in.

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mediocregeist
@genesisx said:

I have to get top poster in something...