• 57 results
#1 Edited by cbishop (8774 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I've been here not quite 2 months, and have yet to see enough people finish a new quest to get the bonus points, so let's try something new here...

For the WELCOME WAGON quest:

NEW USERS

We need you to follow us, to complete the "Friendly Fire" portion of Welcome Wagon! Please "follow" the people who have followed you this week, to help them complete the FF quest! And WELCOME TO COMIC VINE!

OLDER USERS

If you need a "follow" for Friendly Fire, post your request here, so new users will know about it!

NEW USERS

*Please* click "follow" under the icon of the person requesting, to help them out! Thanks!

This is how we get quests done here. If you were having to look for something on a quest, a thread like this would have hints to the answers. Keep checking back! Thanks and welcome again!

EDIT: Oh yeah, PS: I need a "follow" from a new user. lol

EDIT 2 (Quest Boogaloo): Okay, I've gotten 3 "follows" overnight. Thank you. Now follow some of the others asking for help in this thread. You can follow the complainers too - they're hoping for it, but don't want to appear as if they're hoping for it. ;^P

cbishop's Forum Topics.

#2 Posted by Demonturtle (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I also need a follow from a new user..........can return the favor!
#3 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

If you follow me I follow you.

#4 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't let things happen in a natural organic way, lazy people!?

#5 Posted by satanmode (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Need a new user follow!

#6 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

EARN your followers...This is just lame.

#7 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit987 said:
" If you follow me I follow you. "
#8 Posted by Mediant (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheesing the quest is a little lame.

#9 Posted by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll show you mine if you show me yours...

err... i mean... follow me. doesn't even have to be permanent. i just need to meet the quest.

#10 Posted by cbishop (8774 posts) - - Show Bio

@Calvin said:

"Why don't let things happen in a natural organic way, lazy people!? "

The same way this quest wants us to naturally, organically go find 11 random newbies, and follow them?  Or the same way the previous quest had us naturally, organically go to the Best Buy website?

@LT1085 said:

"EARN your followers...This is just lame."

The same way newbies are EARNING their followers right now, with a quest requiring that we go find them and follow them?  I had to earn my first 25 followers for "Viva La Revolucion," and the current quest has us giving newbies a head start on that.  I don't have any problem with givng them that head start, and I don't see any problem with, nor do I have any problem with, asking newbies to fulfill my one follower requirement for "Follow the Leader." 

@Mediant said:

"Cheesing the quest is a little lame. "

See response to LT1085.  In addition, as I stated in the OP, I'm trying to rally people to get to the 1,000 mark by the end of the week, so we all get the bonus points.  This one newbie follower thing was the only part you had to just sit and wait on, so I was trying to help that along.  I realize there probably won't be 1,000 people completing this quest, but I'd rather try to find a way to make it happen, than sit and do nothing. 

Lighten up, people.  It's not some grand competition.  The quests are designed to get you into parts of the site you may not have explored yet.  Besides, there's really no difference between this thread and the hint threads that pop up for any other quests.

#11 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin said:
" Why don't let things happen in a natural organic way, lazy people!? "
because the site encourages 1,000 people to complete it in a week? there's no way that can happen naturally...however, I think it should be done naturally
#12 Posted by cbishop (8774 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: And any other time, I would wait to see if it happens naturally.  I've done five or six new quests since I joined the site though, and the required number of completes has never been reached.  I just thought I'd see if I could help it along this time. 

I've never seen so many people against fun and community spirit.  Sheesh.
#13 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop said:

The same way newbies are EARNING their followers right now, with a quest requiring that we go find them and follow them?  I had to earn my first 25 followers for "Viva La Revolucion," and the current quest has us giving newbies a head start on that.  I don't have any problem with givng them that head start, and I don't see any problem with, nor do I have any problem with, asking newbies to fulfill my one follower requirement for "Follow the Leader." 

Me and you both.  Why couldn't this quest set come out while I was still a newbie =[ sure could have used the followers then.  Even though they would be superficial followers who would probably un-follow as soon as they complete the quest.
#14 Posted by cbishop (8774 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita: I almost never "unfollow" people.  Why bother?  It's not like Facebook, where too many people junks up your news feed.  There's a little news feed type box on my profile page, but I don't even look at it.  I read the home page articles, and check out the main forum, every time I log on, in case some interesting newbie comes along. 

I see the "follow" function as a way to say "hey, I noticed you."  I follow anyone who comments on one of my topics or blogs, even complainers.  I make 2 exceptions: if a member has a totally foul attitude (inappropriate language and such) or if they're response is one or two words that says nothing.  I don't wish to recognize either of those.
#15 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop:  I follow those who says something that makes me laugh, or someone who's pretty intelligent and/or has similar comic interests as me.  Or if they're just an all around great person.  Oh, and anyone who follows me I follow.
#16 Posted by WeedSmoke (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I need a new user-followers ! =)

#17 Posted by ComiCCloseup (287 posts) - - Show Bio
@Demonturtle said:
"I also need a follow from a new user..........can return the favor! "

Thank You
#18 Posted by luckynitro007 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Solomon Grundy need new to follow him.

#19 Posted by weareallskrulls (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I need a new user to follow me. Also, I need to post on a  newbie's thread....anyone got a link or a heads-up to where I can find one?

#20 Posted by Captain Bintang (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Open to followers...(I`ve been here over 2 years)

#21 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

i already followed you all.",)

#22 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Need a few too.

#23 Posted by cbishop (8774 posts) - - Show Bio
@weareallskrulls said:
"I need a new user to follow me. Also, I need to post on a  newbie's thread....anyone got a link or a heads-up to where I can find one? "

Look at the Users lists.  There's a category for New Users.  There, look for New Users who have forum posts.  Go to that user's page and see if you can find a topic they started.  Or just kind of look through the first page in the forums.  With this quest going right now, there should be a couple there being bumped by people fulfilling their quest requirements.  Although not too many have completed it in the last couple of days.
#24 Posted by oiHooliganismoi (518 posts) - - Show Bio

wxactly

#25 Posted by ferrarimanf355 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I need a new user to follow me so I can complete this quest set.

#26 Posted by Serpent (209 posts) - - Show Bio

I need a few too :)

#27 Posted by Tanya Hyde (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I`m here...
now submit to me!

#28 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't need one but I'd like more followers. Plus I have a dog that likes to kiss! Not really but dog are fun. What am I talking about?
#29 Posted by VZA (186 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't get a new user to follow me... also the one where you post on a new user's topic... is that broken?

#30 Posted by forthegreatergood (127 posts) - - Show Bio

FOLLOW FOR FOLLOW, LEVEL 12.
#31 Posted by ferrarimanf355 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I still need a newbie to follow me. 

#32 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: @cbishop: I'm just saying that half of my folowers probably are from before the quest and they follow me because of some silly comment I made, or funny remark or something like that.  The new half don't even reply to PM I sent them. So... you I prefer "organic" followers....

@LT1085 said:
"

"

QFT 
#33 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

How do we tell which users are new?

#34 Posted by cbishop (8774 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters: Look at the Users tab, and hit the Newest Users link - they're listed from today, backwards.  You want to look at the ones who have joined in the last week, for the quest.
#35 Posted by cbishop (8774 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin said:
"@aztek the lost: @cbishop: I'm just saying that half of my folowers probably are from before the quest and they follow me because of some silly comment I made, or funny remark or something like that.  The new half don't even reply to PM I sent them. So... you I prefer "organic" followers....

@LT1085 said:
"

"
QFT  "

Pfft to "QFT."  Like I said, you guys are making too big a thing out of asking for ONE new user to "follow," in order to complete the quest.  It's Friday morning, and only 117 of 1,000 have completed the quest, so it has made no difference to the overall points.  You guys need to relax - why are you worrying about someone asking for ONE user "follow?" 

If you're conscientious of your followers, and feel you need to know them to follow them, more power to you.  I don't feel that way - more or less, I "follow" to let people know I noticed them.  I communicate with the ones I feel the need to, and the others are just there.  I did the rest of the quest on my own, and simply asked for the ONE new user follow that I needed, because I wanted the quest to complete, and I wanted to try to help expedite others' completion, to see if it would help to reach the 1,000 user goal. 

It's not as if there are site criteria for follows.  You get them because of funny comments.  I usually get them because people I follow give me a follow in return, and lately, because people seem to like my blogs.  I follow whoever follows me, whoever comments on my topic or blog posts, and sometimes I follow people who have awesome screennames.  Others are probably getting follows because they have cool images on their profiles, or because they are the lead poster in a certain forum. 

It's all so freakin' random, and someone is worried about about an actual request for ONE follow?  Get a freakin' grip!  If you think it's lame or cheesin' the quest, fine - don't bother commenting.  It's just as lame and cheesy to reply to a forum topic you are clearly not interested in.  You guys really have nothing better to do than moan about this? 

Besides, define "EARN."  I earned them by asking.  I asked for a follow, and people answered with follows - very "organic."  "You have not because you ask not," after all.
#36 Edited by ILuvMsMarvel (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so I'm following my 10 new people, just need one to follow me. Please?

I'll give you a cookie, or at least something that looks like a cookie, sort of, if you look at it in just the right light at just the right time of night and are either hammered or ready to pass out.

#37 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop: LOL! I'm well and very relaxed. I'm just sharing my thoughts. - It's a thing I tend to do, lot of times annoying bystanders in the process. - I appreciated your opinion too. Thank you very much! 

Maybe we'll meet each other on another thread and who knows, we might end up follow each other!!! 

#38 Posted by cbishop (8774 posts) - - Show Bio

@Calvin: Yeeeahhh, I really need to eat before I post to the forums. lol 

and psst, I'm already following you... just for having commented to this topic. lol

#39 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop: Sorry I didn't notice that. I came here to tell people not to follow me randomly and got lots of followers, and then I must have missed your name.... hard to keep track of so many nicknames.... also people are always changing the avatar, which makes it even harder!
#40 Posted by amc26 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

please follow me new users

#41 Posted by Serpent (209 posts) - - Show Bio

I just need one new user to follow me to finish this quest set.

#42 Posted by Aria_belle (148 posts) - - Show Bio

I figure you do it, or you don't do it... Personal decisions... I don't knock my coworkers for throwing their cans in the trash, I just grab them, rinse them out and put them in the recycler myself...
#43 Posted by iTzBigPanda (26 posts) - - Show Bio

please follow thanks in advance =D
#44 Posted by frijolie (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get Helping Hand, is it bugged? I've sent at least 5 PMs to new users (Users > New Users and ones started within the week) and no dice. Am I doing something wrong?

#45 Posted by cbishop (8774 posts) - - Show Bio
@frijolie: The new users have to have joined in the last week (one week from the present day).  Also, if you click "follow" or write on their wall, the automatic PM that is sent to them counts as sending them a PM.  Hope that helps.
#46 Posted by johnnie619 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

follow me please
#47 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnnie619: followed
#48 Posted by johnnie619 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

follow me
#49 Posted by Giantblue (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Could use some follows....

#50 Posted by TSCTH (133 posts) - - Show Bio

follow me.