• 117 results
#1 Edited by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

A rather nice set to promote friendliness towards new members, rather easy to figure but just so everyone knows its out there!
#2 Edited by IIayK (468 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 to finish
#3 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I posted just after you it seems XD Great minds eh?

#4 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

this quest set is meh

#5 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it is a bit, considering new members posting new topics is just so rare.

#6 Posted by IIayK (468 posts) - - Show Bio

read PM

#7 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay, I am the first to complete it :D

#8 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like this would just confuse new users having tons of people swarm them with follows, PMs, etc.

#9 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio

2nd to finish it.

#10 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol yeah I don't envy the new people and the crazy outburst of welcomes and the like, hopefully they will find it more welcoming than creepy XD

#11 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

What qualifies someone as a "new" user? 

@Neverpraying said:

" this quest set is meh "
I agree. 

@jamesewelch said:
" Seems like this would just confuse new users having tons of people swarm them with follows, PMs, etc. "
I agree with this as well.
#12 Edited by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:  new user - I don't know. Just go to the "Users -> Newest Users" link/tab, pick a letter at random and follow 10 of the people listed there. Worked for me. I think I choose "#" (numbers), and followed the first 10 people listed there, then unfollowed after getting completion.
#13 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm not positive, but I ASSUME it's basically one week of the current date, best to find people who joined up today or yesterday though to be safe.

#14 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone wanna give me a list of newbies since the section of the site is not working >.> well 7 newbies to follow?

#15 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Neverpraying:  It works, but the "All" link doesn't work. Just click on any letter or # link.
#16 Edited by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds a like a little to much lackluster work not concerning comics.  I would really prefer another quest searching the database of characters on the website. 

#17 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio
@jamesewelch:  Thanks
#18 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@jamesewelch said:
" @Korg:  new user - I don't know. Just go to the "Users -> New Users" tab, pick a letter at random and follow 10 of the people listed there. Worked for me. "
I'm not even shooting to complete this quest set. Seems like a complete waste of time, which encourages spam, and is something of a nuisance to new users, who will probably end up being mostly alternate accounts anyway.
#19 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:  Most people you just follow them and it sends them a message that you followed them and it counts.

ALSO this quest set is stupid as hell. :\
#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you have to do for the Marc Ecko one?

#21 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024:  Write on a newbie wall...
#22 Edited by IIayK (468 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhantomAres said:

"

A rather nice set to promote friendliness towards new members, rather easy to figure but just so everyone knows its out there! "
 Thanks for all! Has made! 
#3 to finish

))))))))))))))))))))

p.s.  My theme not deletу (((
#23 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Neverpraying said:
" @Korg:  Most people you just follow them and it sends them a message that you followed them and it counts."
I understand how the mechanics work. My question is what qualifies a user as "new", since it is not specified at all in the quest set (as it should be). I know there is a "newest members" list, and I don't really feel like going though the motions of pretending to help them just to finish these quests. Seems incredibly superficial.
#24 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Neverpraying:  

They could've just said that... 
#25 Posted by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not doing this one. It won't reach 1000 in a week anyway.

#26 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

Still would like to get it done for completions sake. >.>

#27 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" I'm not doing this one. It won't reach 1000 in a week anyway. "
I don't know why they keep setting the benchmarks this high. We've never even come close to 1,000. Not to mention if 1,000 people did do this, it would be flooding new users walls and inboxes with spam.
#28 Posted by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" I'm not doing this one. It won't reach 1000 in a week anyway. "
I don't know why they keep setting the benchmarks this high. We've never even come close to 1,000. Not to mention if 1,000 people did do this, it would be flooding new users walls and inboxes with spam. "
They assume we have no lives. 

: P

I thought about the underlined part too, and in addition to that, the site may lag or run slower if multiple users are PMing and writing on the walls of the same new user when a thread they created reaches the home page or something.
#29 Posted by CrimsonInuTears (465 posts) - - Show Bio

I like readloaded the main page an 5 people had already completed this thing... sheesh, marc ecko is just write on new user's profile, right? 
#30 Edited by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonInuTears said:

" I like readloaded the main page an 5 people had already completed this thing... sheesh, marc ecko is just write on new user's profile, right?  "

Got it in one, exactly how you do it.
#31 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonInuTears:  

Yeah
#32 Posted by Ender7884 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

This confused me...I'm not so much a new user, I just don't post on the boards often (ever).  Time for a change!

#33 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ender7884 said:
" This confused me...I'm not so much a new user, I just don't post on the boards often (ever).  Time for a change! "
That is the biggest problem with this set, so many people just don't post, let alone create topics.
#34 Posted by Ender7884 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I created a topic on the site and was surprised by the quest.

#35 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I still haven't made ten topics myself, I refuse to spam the forums just to completed the quest. It's lucky there hasn't been worse spamming before now really >_>

#36 Posted by CrimsonInuTears (465 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhantomAres:
Lucky~
#37 Posted by IrishX (2367 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhantomAres said:
"I still haven't made ten topics myself, I refuse to spam the forums just to completed the quest. "

Completely agree.
#38 Posted by CrimsonInuTears (465 posts) - - Show Bio

Shoot, I was moments short of gettin 7... oh well...
#39 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone give a link to a forum post from a new user. 

#40 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

well, it turns out there's a filter now to stop you from making too many accounts at once...so I won't be completing this quest anytime soon...sorry but I don't have any urge to come off as a creeper or spammer...but I do think this will chase people away considering the spam they'll be getting in their e-mail before they even know what's going on...plus if I send even 10 people helpful PM's and they take me seriously because I'm a mod, I'm screwed because I don't have time to hand out 10 "How to" guides in personal PM form without seeming impersonal and rude by giving links to other things in the site and otherwise ignoring them

#41 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6201 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 to finish!

#42 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

I still do not know how 10 new people will follow me and I have not found one new user to make a forum topic. Has anyone found a forum topic from a new user 

#43 Posted by m1ck3y (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Just so people know, I'm on the "new user" list and dont' mind people spamming me with whatever to complete this quest, I don't scare too easy. :)

#44 Posted by hpwaz (206 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 to finish! I think that's my best yet.

#45 Posted by eldestrisk (637 posts) - - Show Bio

I had been some time in Comicvine and some new users have more followers than me. This quest is crazy. xD I don't get it. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow. =S

#46 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 to finish

#47 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" sorry but I don't have any urge to come off as a creeper or spammer...but I do think this will chase people away considering the spam they'll be getting in their e-mail before they even know what's going on..."
This sums up my feelings on this set pretty well.
#48 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they made it easier. >.>

#49 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Neverpraying said:
" Well they made it easier. >.> "
what do you mean?
#50 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost:
This.