#1 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Another week, another new Quest set -  
 

#2 Posted by mightiness (291 posts) - - Show Bio

I could use some stalkers and or post on my wall. Anybody appreciated.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22304 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not bothering with this one right now...seems like more of a long term quest and it has absolutely nothing to do with the wiki and those are the quests that I like....if I get this quest at some point down the road then ok

#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: Yeah, I would like a wiki quest too. I prefer those.
#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" I'm not bothering with this one right now...seems like more of a long term quest and it has absolutely nothing to do with the wiki and those are the quests that I like....if I get this quest at some point down the road then ok "
yeah I think this is meant to finally stop people from just spamming for a quest...they didn't even put a timer on it...this should take months...though sometimes it would be nice if the quests worked retroactively because then I'd have this one already
Moderator
#6 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @danhimself: Yeah, I would like a wiki quest too. I prefer those. "
they were fun until everyone started breaking the wiki rules to get them
Moderator
#7 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good idea, a slow burning quest rather than something that can be blitzed through. I like keep it up

#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @danhimself: Yeah, I would like a wiki quest too. I prefer those. "
they were fun until everyone started breaking the wiki rules to get them "
What did they do?
#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @danhimself: Yeah, I would like a wiki quest too. I prefer those. "
they were fun until everyone started breaking the wiki rules to get them "
What did they do? "
usually plagiarism, or other types of point spamming...the sad part is there are users who brag about the quests they have who don't mention they got a wiki ban in the attempt
Moderator
#10 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @danhimself: Yeah, I would like a wiki quest too. I prefer those. "
they were fun until everyone started breaking the wiki rules to get them "
What did they do? "
usually plagiarism, or other types of point spamming...the sad part is there are users who brag about the quests they have who don't mention they got a wiki ban in the attempt "
That's really sad.
#11 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. I wish this were retroactive, because I've got no idea when another mod is going to follow me.

#12 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" Yeah. I wish this were retroactive, because I've got no idea when another mod is going to follow me. "
How do you see who's following you? I know see the list of who I'm following (it's a bit tricky to find/get to).
#13 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@jamesewelch said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" Yeah. I wish this were retroactive, because I've got no idea when another mod is going to follow me. "
How do you see who's following you? I know see the list of who I'm following (it's a bit tricky to find/get to). "
You can't see who is following you.
#14 Edited by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:  Thanks. 
 
I just viewed everyone's profile above me. That should help a few people out.
#15 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@jamesewelch: No problem.
#16 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut:  Amen to that brother. I'am in the same boat.
#17 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8901 posts) - - Show Bio

How can you get how many people looking at your profile. Because it starts now and when you started the site because than I probably would of gotten it. Are they going to fix that. 

#18 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes:  its from now so its not retroactive,  all previous views and posts dont count iam afraid.
#19 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" @haydenclaireheroes:  its from now so its not retroactive,  all previous views and posts dont count iam afraid. "
Too bad it's not retroactive.
#20 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8901 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: ya
#21 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:  as i said to Hayden at least its a change form the norm, gives us a slow burning task which in principle i like the idea of.
#22 Posted by Icarusflies (12467 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I'm a nice mod, if anyone posts on my wall I'll be happy to follow you. :)

Moderator
#23 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent: I agree. It would have never been completed in a week anyway.
#24 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:  true that lol
#25 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:
" Since I'm a nice mod, if anyone posts on my wall I'll be happy to follow you. :) "
Prepare to be flooded! XD 
 
I too like that this is a slow burner, shame it isn't a wiki one (also whoever cheated on that should so be named and shamed!) as they are always fun.
#26 Edited by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent: I don't know, for some reason community quests don't go well here. Only one must have been completed from what I remember.
#27 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

well the wall post thing seems to be retroactive once you get a new post but the page view thing isn't unfortunately...so either way, 1000 views means a long way to go

Moderator
#28 Posted by Icarusflies (12467 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhantomAres said:
" @Icarusflies said:
" Since I'm a nice mod, if anyone posts on my wall I'll be happy to follow you. :) "
Prepare to be flooded! XD  I too like that this is a slow burner, shame it isn't a wiki one (also whoever cheated on that should so be named and shamed!) as they are always fun. "
Well, I like getting mail...so I guess I'll just have to get a snorkle!
Moderator
#29 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

It actually on the front page now, man they keep expecting waaaaay too much XD 
 
I will try and view anyone who posts on the topic, and drop in a post on the wall if I have time.

#30 Posted by hpwaz (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Any views and comments are appreciated! Thanks!
#31 Posted by Joey Ravn (385 posts) - - Show Bio

Urgh. I prefer the "find this character, discover this location, guess the author" Quests. Wiki-related quests lead to, ehem, "problems", as previously said. And this kind of social Quests... well, they're more like SPAM Quests. I'll pass this week, again.

#32 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio

This just got posted to front page. If we can't get 1,000 people to do a wiki quest in a week, there's no way this one is even going to get into the double or triple numbers.
 
I think a mod/staff member or two might be able to pull this off within a week, but I seriously doubt we'll even have 10 people at the end of the week with this quest completed.

#33 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Any views and comments are appreciated! Thanks!    

#34 Edited by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhantomAres said:

" It actually on the front page now, man they keep expecting waaaaay too much XD  I will try and view anyone who posts on the topic, and drop in a post on the wall if I have time. "

haha, they actually did put it there, that's funny...they expect 1,000,000 page views in one week...but the site doesn't even get 350,000 visits a week
Moderator
#35 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

1000 users? Is it me or their expectations are a bit too high?

#36 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost:  Well it was retroactive for me
Moderator
#37 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think this is a better quest. It requires two-way interaction for social quests, unlike the last social quest which was just one-way (quester just had to follow/comment on others, didn't require anyone to reciprocate). It would be nice to have some more longer term quests like this.

#38 Posted by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey folks - hook me up with some profile views and wall posts n' such and i'll love ya forever.
 
...or until this quest is over :)

#39 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" @aztek the lost:  Well it was retroactive for me "
yeah but the page views isn't...that's the tough one...that means every day this week over 100 people have to check out your page and a 999 other users have to get the same treatment
Moderator
#40 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm an hour and a half since I noticed the quest I nearly have the 10's. So only another... 117 hours till I get 1000 views if it keeps up at this pace XD

#41 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if it means unique page views (per user), page views by logged in member, or any page view (like a page hit) by any anonymous user (or spider).

#42 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope it isn't a 100 unique member views, imagine how insane that would be to try and get XD 
 
Oh well at least the review quest has a new companion in my quest box.

#43 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
Can someone help me and view my page and write on my wall! Please
#44 Edited by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

OK since I am truly a geek I tried to break down some of the mechanics of this. 
 
I think that any view on the page MAY give +1, I asked two non members to view mine but I got some member views just as I did so I can't be positive, but it did look like their views were added. 
 
With member views I asked my friend to view my page again and her view added +1 to my views, Again I can't be positive of anything (Perhaps someone else looked at the exact same time in some eerie coincidence) but I think each view, again from members at least, equals +1. Perhaps there is a time refresh on this over every hour, again a bit of research would be needed. 
 
I asked said same person above, who already wrote on my wall, to write on it again. It got me another on the post count. Each member post, even if already done, seems to count. Again maybe an hour delay between but I wouldn't assume so. 
 
 Hopefully this info will help.

#45 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Views and such would be appreciated =)

#46 Posted by Icarusflies (12467 posts) - - Show Bio

REMINDER

If you post on my wall, I'll follow you. 
Moderator
#47 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who writes on my wall will get reciprocated in kind with a wall post/profile view! 

#48 Posted by CHERP0 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone feel free to post on my wall and I'll get urs too.
#49 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont like this set, not even gonna try for it

#50 Posted by nightcrawler1212 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

i need some profile views and wall comments thx