Avatar image for craig_lovecraft
Craig Lovecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By Craig Lovecraft

Now that the Stalker Status quest is over with, I thought I’d share my thoughts on it. Personally, I thought the quest was a great idea. While I do enjoy quests where you have to find certain pages located on the site, this one seemed like it was planned to bring the ComicVine community closer together. Unlike most quests, you don’t complete this one on your own. You have to rely on other people completing it for you, which forces you to go out and interact with the other members. It kind of seemed like a big test to see how far people would go to help out other members. I know a lot of people found the quest overwhelming and that only around 90 people ended up finishing it during the week, but I think the quest was a success. It introduced me to numerous members that I doubt I would have met otherwise. I won’t mention anyone by name because there’s a good chance I’d be forgetting some people, but you all know who you are. Hopefully in the future there’ll be more quests like this one, with the goal of meeting and interacting with the community members.

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By B'Town

I agree whole heartedly, at first after seeing that I needed 100 wall posts and 1000 page views I thought, I'll never ever finish this.  And I wasn't really going to try. 

Two days later a couple of guys came to my rescue and managed to complete the Quest for for me in a very short time.  I was so amazed  and I had so much fun working with them, I felt I had to pay their kindness forward, I made quite a few new friends in the process.  I have to say this was the most fun I had on any of the Quests so far and that is because of the interaction with other Viners. 

By the way you are a pretty good team player!  Thanks to you, for teaming up with me on a few walls  "Dang those flood warnings".

COINRETURNSLOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By COINRETURNSLOT

I'm sure that was the goal of this quest too,  thank goodness there are alot  of outgoing people on this site.

punkelias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By punkelias

That's exactly what I though after completing the quest and started helping other people around.  I "meet" new people this way too, followed and get followed by some other.

IMO one of the best quests that I've done.

Avatar image for craig_lovecraft
Craig Lovecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Craig Lovecraft
@B'Town:
Yeah, Xerox-Kitty was going to nominate me for Quest MVP, lol. I lost track of how many thousands of times I pressed F5.
B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By B'Town
@Craig Lovecraft:
Funny, I think you were the most active of the viners I assisted.  :} 

Oh yeah rapid fire on the F5, I would be watching movies firing away.  TWAS' Good fun.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Craig Lovecraft: I blame this quest for introducing us ;)  And I'm still very impressed with how you did it the manual way (pressing F5) instead of using a browser add-on.  Kudos :)
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Magian

I really liked this quest even though I didn't think I would. Thanks to all those who helped me. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a82f294c6df1
deactivated-5a82f294c6df1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

well i didn't like it because for recent users it was pretty much impossible... i still don't have a 100 wall posts for example...

caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By caesarsghost
@Craig Lovecraft:
I agree, I totally would not have met a bunch of people on this site that I now count as my friends. Thanks stalker status quest.
untammed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By untammed

= )