Am I sleepwalking through quests?

dangermart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dangermart

I've just signed up to join the site and there are already messages claiming I've completed 'quests'. I have no idea what these are, presumably something like those annoying Farmville things at Facebook. How do I escape these? 

Plus, I seem to be automatically following lots of people ... Comics Vine staffers? Or am I in Total Glitchland?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

It's normal to automatically follow the staffers.

And a lot of the first few quests are just stuff you do regularly on the vine.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty
@dangermart: Quests are a fun way to learn more about the site.  Some encourage you to post in the forums, others encourage you to edit our wiki pages, while some are just about finding charaters & teams.   

You can't actually 'avoid' any.  But it doesn't hurt to win some.  It doesn't actually hold any meaning, other than it's for fun.  That's why you automatically win a few Quests to begin with, since it gives new members something to look at & have fun with as they start to customise their new profile. 

They're nothing like Farmville.  You don't have to participate on a daily basis, and it doesn't bog down everyone else's live feed.  Just see the Quests as a tourguide with Scout-style merit badges ;)

All new members automaitcally follow the Moderators & Staff.  It's just a polite way or giving you access to the people who can help if yuo have any queries or problems.  Moderators are front-line helpers while Staff work behind the scenes.
dangermart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By dangermart

Thank you very much. I don't seem to be very site-intuitive - or maybe there's a START HERE page I missed. Oh well! :)
leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By leokearon
@dangermart said:
"I've just signed up to join the site and there are already messages claiming I've completed 'quests'. I have no idea what these are, presumably something like those annoying Farmville things at Facebook. How do I escape these?  Plus, I seem to be automatically following lots of people ... Comics Vine staffers? Or am I in Total Glitchland? "

Quests happen when you do certain things on the site (blogging alot, following people, getting followed.etc), so you wil do some by accident. Others are more like scavenger hunts where you have to go to certain pages and there is the community quest which happens at random.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Billy Batson
@xerox-kitty said:
" @dangermart: Quests are a fun way to learn more about the site.  Some encourage you to post in the forums, others encourage you to edit our wiki pages, while some are just about finding charaters & teams.    You can't actually 'avoid' any.  But it doesn't hurt to win some.  It doesn't actually hold any meaning, other than it's for fun.  That's why you automatically win a few Quests to begin with, since it gives new members something to look at & have fun with as they start to customise their new profile.  They're nothing like Farmville.  You don't have to participate on a daily basis, and it doesn't bog down everyone else's live feed.  Just see the Quests as a tourguide with Scout-style merit badges ;) All new members automaitcally follow the Moderators & Staff.  It's just a polite way or giving you access to the people who can help if yuo have any queries or problems.  Moderators are front-line helpers while Staff work behind the scenes. "

yes you can. Stop visiting the site :P

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By goldenshot80
@Billy Batson said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @dangermart: Quests are a fun way to learn more about the site.  Some encourage you to post in the forums, others encourage you to edit our wiki pages, while some are just about finding charaters & teams.    You can't actually 'avoid' any.  But it doesn't hurt to win some.  It doesn't actually hold any meaning, other than it's for fun.  That's why you automatically win a few Quests to begin with, since it gives new members something to look at & have fun with as they start to customise their new profile.  They're nothing like Farmville.  You don't have to participate on a daily basis, and it doesn't bog down everyone else's live feed.  Just see the Quests as a tourguide with Scout-style merit badges ;) All new members automaitcally follow the Moderators & Staff.  It's just a polite way or giving you access to the people who can help if yuo have any queries or problems.  Moderators are front-line helpers while Staff work behind the scenes. "

yes you can. Stop visiting the site :P

"
lol