Really???? Thunderbolts Spoilers

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So Elektra and Punisher are hooking up? Who approved this? Why hasn't this book been cancelled yet??

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

So something on a cover actually happened in a comic?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3 k4tzm4n  Moderator

As much as I want to like this book, I just couldn't bring myself to keep buying it. I dropped it two issues ago.

LOL.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it isn't actually shown in the book but they talk about it and Deadpool is jealous of Frank now...it's ridiculous

I haven't really read that much Punisher stuff but to my knowledge he doesn't really seem like the guy who would hook up with....well...anyone

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@danhimself: I couldn't be less of an expert on either character. I mean, you could say the same thing about him being on a team though. He never came off as a people person to me in general.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It seems like Marvel are enjoying the take on the characters because those five are finally in a book,together as a team and don't care much about the doing in the actual issues.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#7 SC  Moderator

Punisher gave up on punishing bad guys, and decided to punish himself by becoming the Edward character in the Thunderbolts love triangle. Who approved it? Some higher up from DC who got sent it by accident and thought it would be funny to punk Marvel by giving this book the green light. Why hasn't it been cancelled yet? They are given art duties to Phil Noto so its like the worst kind of blackmail. Don't worry next episode Dr Frank Castle, Punishers evil twin will show up and clone Elektra after her heart surgery and something else that happens on the worst and cheesiest soap operas.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself

@jloneblackheart: yeah I agree with that....the fact that they cancelled Rucka's Punisher book (the only Punisher series that I've ever liked) for this is just terrible....the only redeeming thing it has going for it is Noto's art which does nothing to help the horrible writing

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By dernman

The book is so bad I wont even read my friends copy for free.

LSROTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LSROTJ

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I know I indulge in hyperbole a lot, but this series really is that bad. How anyone can read it, let alone think it's good, is utterly beyond me.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By daredevil21134

I dropped this after the first issue

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Its a pretty slow book, even Big Head Sinestro cant save it...

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

When I first saw the lineup for this, I thought it would be good. I guess everyone else thought so too?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SC  Moderator

When I first saw the lineup for this, I thought it would be good. I guess everyone else thought so too?

I did until I saw the writers name. Not a huge fan. Sort of a warning bell for me the same way Matt Fraction is. (though Fraction is good with street level solo characters like Iron Fist and Hawkeye)

I like this cast of characters, but its a tricky arrangement I think only a really good and serious writer could pull off, and I am not fond of them stealing the Thunderbolts title/name.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda did? A collection of anti-heroes put together which could have played off well. (Although I would have much preferred they kept the original line-up or at least keep a couple in play).

Elektra being the "girl" and having her hook up with Frank is what I just...I mean...

o-o

Yeah -- I love Elektra, but please, please cancel this book.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@lykopis said:

@jloneblackheart said:

I kinda did? A collection of anti-heroes put together which could have played off well. (Although I would have much preferred they kept the original line-up or at least keep a couple in play).

Elektra being the "girl" and having her hook up with Frank is what I just...I mean...

o-o

Yeah -- I love Elektra, but please, please cancel this book.

Anyone who knows the Thunderbolts knew this comic would suck.

Also, Daniel Way.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SC  Moderator

@theacidskull: Oh thanks for the heads up, this new writer hasn't actually been around, there work on 27 is eh, alright. Still - I am curious.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

Actually -- that is great news. Something different would be nice -- when she kills, it's cold and having her all lusty - with --ugh -- and then Deadpool pining after her and then the whole Red Hulk kicking all their @sses...

-_-

I like the colours. And I like the covers. And that's about....it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

That they would even try in the first place -- even considering Deadpool's reasoning. Elektra would know better than to take on Rulk. Seriously.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daniel Way is an idiot

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

This "thing" with Frank and Elektra is not going to last. This last issues are getting slightly better than the first arc.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I've liked about this book thus far is the fact that Deadpool managed to kill Punisher around 300 times in a single night.

So I don't know why I keep picking it up.

overtshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only person on the planet who remembers that the Punisher and Elektra hooked up in a previous issue of the Punisher written by Garth Ennis? [Checks the internet] Yes, apparently I am.

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overtshot: You didn't saw them hooked up, Frank made that joke at the end of the issue.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Terrible pairing.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

So Elektra and Punisher are hooking up? Who approved this? Why hasn't this book been cancelled yet??

@sc said:

Punisher gave up on punishing bad guys, and decided to punish himself by becoming the Edward character in the Thunderbolts love triangle. Who approved it? Some higher up from DC who got sent it by accident and thought it would be funny to punk Marvel by giving this book the green light. Why hasn't it been cancelled yet? They are given art duties to Phil Noto so its like the worst kind of blackmail. Don't worry next episode Dr Frank Castle, Punishers evil twin will show up and clone Elektra after her heart surgery and something else that happens on the worst and cheesiest soap operas.

The book is selling fairly well being 36,000 to 41,000 in the past couple months beating such books like Red Hood and the Outlaws, Wonder Woman, Young Avengers, FF, Green Arrow, and sadly by a landslide beating my favorites Scarlet Spider, (agent) Venom, plus Winter Soldier.

( + )

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SC  Moderator
Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind the pair of them hooking up, I mind that the Thunderbolts book has continued to suck and there is no ongoing Punisher series.

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwithoutshame: You nailed it, man. But i think that things will get better with Charles Soule on board. I think most of us as notice a better improvement of the writing in this book.

He wrote a good Punisher solo in Thunderbolts #12.

namelessnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Frank putting his penis into a Elektra... that's just not right since that's all it's been (sex if you need layman's terms)... but somehow that gets classified as a pairing/hookup. But this is comic vine after all, where exaggeration or just flat our lying is the norm, nobody really questions it or goes into details. And this topic was started by someone that admitted that they barely know the character. Simply adding in more action or so-called suspense is not going to make it better since that's all I see with the new writer.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Frank putting his penis into a Elektra... that's just not right since that's all it's been (sex if you need layman's terms)... but somehow that gets classified as a pairing/hookup. But this is comic vine after all, where exaggeration or just flat our lying is the norm, nobody really questions it or goes into details. And this topic was started by someone that admitted that they barely know the character. Simply adding in more action or so-called suspense is not going to make it better since that's all I see with the new writer.

It was extremely out of character on Elektra's part