#1 Posted by Bionder (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Great news for all the fans of the character! Garth Ennis will be back to write the Punisher next year for a new mini-series.

Check the interview on mark 9:16

#2 Posted by Pokeysteve (8049 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Rather see him write a punisher solo ongoing book with steve dillon or maybe alex maleev

#4 Posted by Bionder (290 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Parlov or Fernandez.

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (57762 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it, I was going to make this thread.

Welcome Back, Garth.

BB

#6 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully it's more Welcome Back, Frank than MAX.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty cool.

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone get him off of Thunderbolts

#9 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

YESH! Ennis' is still my favorite take on the character.

You're not a fan of MAX? I haven't given Welcome Back Frank a read, though.

#10 Edited by Bionder (290 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by SonOfHellstorm (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually on paper the Thunderbolts are a great cast, it just poor writing. I'd to see what Garth could do with that team. Unfortunately, the Punisher doesn't sell enough anymore, to carry an ongoing solo title.

#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

Actually on paper the Thunderbolts are a great cast, it just poor writing. I'd to see what Garth could do with that team. Unfortunately, the Punisher doesn't sell enough anymore, to carry an ongoing solo title.

How well was he selling under Garth Ennis?

#13 Posted by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Im pretty happy. Over and out

#14 Edited by SonOfHellstorm (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134

I don't know. But it's obvious, that Marvel doesn't want the Punisher, as a full time title. It's a real shame too, he used to carry three monthly ongoings. But that was in the "Dark Age", when the Punisher was one of Marvel's Big Four. Garth Ennis is one of my favorite writers. He's perfect for the Punisher. As for the Thunderbolts, i'd hate to see such a great lineup go down due to poor writing. Punisher, Deadpool, Venom, and Electra; none of which are heroes. They are ruthless vigilante anti-heroes, they all have that in common. The title just needs good writing. I've always felt that Marvel never treated, their darker character the right way. I know they had MAX, but isn't that outside the 616 universe? Characters like the Punisher, Deadpool, Blade, Hellstorm, Ghost Rider, and Venom; have great potential, if they were written right.

#15 Edited by daredevil21134 (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134

I don't know. But it's obvious, that Marvel doesn't want the Punisher, as a full time title. It's a real shame too, he used to carry three monthly ongoings. But that was in the "Dark Age", when the Punisher was one of Marvel's Big Four. Garth Ennis is one of my favorite writers. He's perfect for the Punisher. As for the Thunderbolts, i'd hate to see such a great lineup go down due to poor writing. Punisher, Deadpool, Venom, and Electra; none of which are heroes. They are ruthless vigilante anti-heroes, they all have that in common. The title just needs good writing. I've always felt that Marvel never treated, their darker character the right way. I know they had MAX, but isn't that outside the 616 universe? Characters like the Punisher, Deadpool, Blade, Hellstorm, Ghost Rider, and Venom; have great potential, if they were written right.

A-MEN BROTHER!!.I think they all have great potential especially Blade

#16 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh LOL!

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is MAX, it needs to be Slavers/Born Again-tier.

#18 Posted by kriminal (642 posts) - - Show Bio

just a mini =(. I want another ongoing, the last one was great

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (57762 posts) - - Show Bio

@sonofhellstorm said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Around 30k at lowest but it was pretty high at times.

BB

#20 Edited by daredevil21134 (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@sonofhellstorm said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Around 30k at lowest but it was pretty high at times.

BB

Isn't that considered good?How much was he selling under Jason Aaron?

#21 Posted by SonOfHellstorm (230 posts) - - Show Bio

If it was selling at 30k, that is considered good. Too good to be cancelled. When a title gets down below 22k, it faces possible cancellation. Was there a drop off with Jason Aaron?

#22 Posted by Bionder (290 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe that an issue of the Punisher right now could reach 30k, unfortunately...

But if gets between 25k~30k it would be ok, to handle itself.

Punisher MAX 22 (last book) from Aaron, reached 17.738k. The previous books were around this number too.

#23 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32728 posts) - - Show Bio

@sonofhellstorm said:

@daredevil21134

A-MEN BROTHER!!.I think they all have great potential especially Blade

You realise that Tunderbolts is under a new writer and artist now?

#24 Posted by daredevil21134 (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Yup, but as long as he's making the Punisher bang Elektra I won't be digging it