Predator Probably Playable in Mortal Kombat X

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

We've seen Predators fight Xenomorphs, Batman, and even the all-mighty Arnold Schwarzenegger. Now, it looks like we'll be able to see a Predator take on Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Jason Voorhees, Goro, and many more! Here's the Xbox store's description of the Kombat Pack, the DLC which offers four playable characters and several new skins:

The Kombat Pack is currently available in the Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition on the Xbox Store. Kombat Pack grants early access to 4 new playable characters and skin packs. Stalk and slash your opponents as Horror Icon Jason Voorhees, or play as Predator, the Ultimate Hunter. Two Klassic Mortal Kombat characters complete the offer. Each playable character comes with a themed skin pack including three new skins for select characters. Also includes The Samurai Pack available on April 14th2015.

No Caption Provided

Unless Ed Boon collaborated with the Xbox store to troll us, it seems like the odds are very good Predator will be DLC. If it does pan out, we're sure NetherRealm will drop a video or an image about the news sometime soon -- or at least we hope so. We'll also keep an eye on Ed Boon's twitter page to see if he has anything to say about this.

We all know the Predator is going to rip out an enemy's spine and skull for a fatality, but compared to everything we've seen in this franchise, just doing that is actually pretty tame, isn't it? Here's hoping they have the alien do something crazy before busting out that signature move. So, on a scale of wrist blade to plasma caster, how excited are you about the Predator probably being DLC?

Source: Xbox Store

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I wanted spawn... :-\

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I wanted spawn... :-\

I wanted Predator.

*gif of a happy dance goes here!*

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Predator and Jason, sounds awesome to me!

Jaymes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dagmar_merrill: You'll want "Soul Calibur" for that then, won't you?

Incidentally, hasn't the whole move with the spine and skull historically been a Sub-Zero thing? Here I thought that Sektor was the Predator imitator of the bunch.

ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#5  Edited By ThePRez

wierd seeing more gaming news in CV than Giant Bomb.

Transmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@dagmar_merrill: Boon is still hinting at Spawn sin e he tweeted the Bluray combo pack of Mortal Kombat 1,2, and legacy with the Spawn movie. Asking why is missing paired with Spawn. I think Spawn will be the on disc guest character while Jason and Predator are in this Kombat Pack

Transmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@chayse: Boon and Mk's staff have admitted the idea of fatalities came from the movie Predator

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Predator was a better choice. Face it people, spawn would just be a Scorpion type character.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theprez said:

To be fair it's about Predator in the game, who is a comic book character. I haven't seen coverage of the game on this site prior to this thread.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@theprez said:

To be fair it's about Predator in the game, who is a comic book character. I haven't seen coverage of the game on this site prior to this thread.

We're not covering every possible update, but we have shared a few things. We posted the Voorhees news, the first big story trailer, and we've reviewed a few of the MKX issues.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely maining Predator, and I don't ever bother with guest characters. He's perfect for this game.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n So I guess you will be buying the Kombat pack after all?

I'd really like to see Joker in this game, and feel he would fit in fine in this universe.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KingWillie

They soulda did Spawn INSTEAD of Jason. Spawn and Pred would be alot cooler to have. Jason is boring, ESPECIALLY compared to Spawn, there's so much more you could do with Spawn. Whats Jason gonna do? Ohhh, slash you up with a machete, and maybe some brutal hand to hand moves and walk slowly at you..... so exciting... /sarcasm

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@muyjingo said:

@k4tzm4n So I guess you will be buying the Kombat pack after all?

I'd really like to see Joker in this game, and feel he would fit in fine in this universe.

Unfortunately, I don't believe so. Spending $30 for just one character I'm very excited about isn't a wise decision for me right now at all. I'd love to play as Predator asap, but I'm sure the game will offer more than enough to tide me over until I can purchase just the one character. I mean, I have faith in the studio's ability to make the other DLC characters fun, but Jason isn't tempting and I already have Goro for just the regular pre-order. $60 for the game is more than enough.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@muyjingo: In your opinion. why does he fit in? i really dont see how, Joker isnt a fighter

Like at all. he is a more plot driven character, im which he doesny belong here at all. this game is just an excuse to fight.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They say that there are still more mystery characters so, maybe Spawn will be one of them.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja:

I would say he fits in more than any other DC character because he tends to be gory. Cutting of his own face, stabbing and torturing people etc. I could see him fitting in without being out of place, say the way Batman might be, because Batman isn't going to be doing any fatalities.

As for him being not a fighter...well, I would argue that is not the case. There have been several interpretations of the character, and some are more physically adept than others. The version we see in the game Injustice is definitely a fighter, and I think would be no more out of place in MKX than Scorpion is in Injustice.

Really, I just want a DC character in the game. MK9 was my first MK game I played, and I'm not really that into any of the characters, so I'd like to play as characters I do like, from DC, who I have more of an attachment to.

@k4tzm4n: I agree it's too much for just one character. I know you said in another thread you miss the days of just being able to unlock characters, and I couldn't agree more.

I used to play FPS games explicitly on PC, and back in the day a game, even a crappy game was 20 hours on average. These days it's maybe 5, with a bunch of DLC's. Hell, it seemed like Killzone had a DLC that you had to pay for just to replay a game you already finished on the hardest setting. What the hell is that?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@muyjingo: Yup, and when there was an expansion pack, it felt worthy of being a separate purchase. The Half-Life ones and Starcraft's Brood War comes to mind. If they're going to come out with DLC, maybe saving the announcements until after the game is released wouldn't make it seem so greedy and lame. It's clear some of these characters and skins could be unlockable when the game launches. WE'RE OLD AND REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE STATUS QUO. RAISE YOUR WALKERS IN THE AIR AND SHAKE 'EM AROUND LIKE YOU JUST DON'T CARE. Be careful, though. Don't want to fall and hurt yourself. I'd ask you about the FPS PC games you played (because I also spent a ridiculous amount of time playing FPS games on my computer), but I won't go on a tangent.

say the way Batman might be, because Batman isn't going to be doing any fatalities.

He can Two-Face them.

*Batman positions his opponent near a ledge, tackles them off of it*

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zaied

@muyjingo: Have you tried MK vs DC? Joker is in that game so you get the best of both worlds in terms of DC characters and MK gameplay.

In MK9, Shang Tsung also morphs into an evil clown that has the same mannerisms as Joker and does his fatality from MK vs DC. I thought it would've been cool to see them turn that clown into a new character and base him off Joker.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Batman can also "accidentally" hit them with a missile or "not save them".

@zaied said:

@muyjingo: Have you tried MK vs DC? Joker is in that game so you get the best of both worlds in terms of DC characters and MK gameplay.

In MK9, Shang Tsung also morphs into an evil clown that has the same mannerisms as Joker and does his fatality from MK vs DC. I thought it would've been cool to see them turn that clown into a new character and base him off Joker.

I had no clue. Whoa. *youtubes*

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 138

Awesomeness. Hopefully Spawn makes it on later.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep really happy about this. He will fit right in the MKU. Man its gonna be a b**** finding my mains in this game lol so many awesome characters I want to play the hell out of, narrowing it down to just 2 or 3 is going to be tough.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MuyJingo

@k4tzm4n: Ahh, tangent, smangent :) I was mainly a counter-strike 1.6 player. Also Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament to a lesser extent. I still play quake 3 since it's been released for free and has an active community via Quake Live. I had a lot of good times at lan cafes playing those games...which (much like arcades) no longer exist. I have a lot of fun playing games online, but it really saddens me that the communal aspect has been reduced, or maybe just changed into something I don't recognize because, indeed I'm old and walker reliant now.

The thing I find kind of sad about games these days is not so much the charging for DLC packs..that sucks, but the market is willing to pay and business is business. It's more the lack of focus on single player that I find upsetting. Look at games like Half-Life or Deus Ex or SS2 where the story was immersive and cinematic and just an amazing experience...compared to most recent games. The last CoD game I played, I finished in 5 hours, which for a $60 game I find utterly disappointing.

That's why Injustice was such a nice change for me...a proper, well thought out story that ties very nicely into the battles. It just seemed so much higher quality than most games these days. The same goes for the GTA games. When did a game with a well thought out story with more than 5hours of single player game play become the exception rather than the rule? That's why I'm looking forward to MKX (see, back on topic, tangent averted), since I know the studio puts a focus on a good singleplayer experience, and it looks like there is no shortage of single player/offline options. I love online play, but I also like a good story that I can progress through and feel a sense of accomplishment when I complete it.

He can Two-Face them.

*Batman positions his opponent near a ledge, tackles them off of it*

Well, in that case I think we should include MoS superman with some exaggerated neck related fatalities!

@zaied said:

I did, thanks :) I played it after Injustice and MK9 though, as I saw it for $5 one weekend on XBL. I enjoyed it, but I think I was spoiled by Injustice and MK9 so didn't really like it that much. Injustice was really my first fighting game that I am good at and learned how to do combos, and I had a whole lot of trouble doing anythin other than button mashing in MK vs DC because..it just felt too different from what I was used to.

I only played the storymode of MK9 but don't recall Shang Tsung morphing into an evil clown? Was that in a side challenge or something?

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zaied

@muyjingo: It was one of his fatalities.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give someone an Arnold costume, and someone a Robocop costume and add Freddy!

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I'm with you! lol I'm so happy to see Predator over Spawn, plus Spawn was already in SC series(not saying he wouldn't be sick in MK) but I mean who doesn't want Predator in an awesome, darker fighter? I can already picture one of his fatalities, original spine rip opposite of Sub-Zero's famous one!

Would be funny if they gave him a troll Arnold laugh or something lol or a laugh he does in one of his brutalities or fatalities or faction fatalities.

@blade_r said:

Yep really happy about this. He will fit right in the MKU. Man its gonna be a b**** finding my mains in this game lol so many awesome characters I want to play the hell out of, narrowing it down to just 2 or 3 is going to be tough.

Iol I hear ya man. I'm so using Predator for sure. Kung Jin looks cool, Takeda and of course returning favs Scorp, Sub, Raiden, Ermac man....this game is going to be one of those games where I dont know where the hell to begin lol

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: Yeah ill definitely be using Predator and Jason as well lol and I agree, im going to have a hell of a time narrowing down my mains in this game haha

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This pretty much confirms Spawn is in the game

the rumored characters before any guest characters were released Jason, Predator and Spawn

so this should all but confirm Spawn is in the game! :D

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NightFang3  Online

Know all we need is Spawn and Batman!

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Predator is a really cool choice.

I do admit that I wanted Spawn, though. He's an amazing character and his variations would be bitchin'.

still, a Predator will be pretty cool.

I like Jason, too, but I think they could have picked someone who would have a more interesting fighting style.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only on xbox1 ??? no ps4 version of predator? booooo

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: It was just leaked via X1. There is no console exclusive DLC. Predator will be available on PS4.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

@donmeca2020: It was just leaked via X1. There is no console exclusive DLC. Predator will be available on PS4.

well thats more like it !!!

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: lol excited for Predator a bit I see huh? :P He does look awesome.

I totally want to use him and Tremor for the DLC.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By donmeca2020

@donmeca2020: lol excited for Predator a bit I see huh? :P He does look awesome.

I totally want to use him and Tremor for the DLC.

Tremor ?? yea im a predator fan, matter of fact just got a Neca predator figure in the mail this past weekend.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: Yeah the dude next to Tanya in the trailer ^ above. He's never been in an MK fighting game, but was in MK Special Forces way back. He's an Earth Bender ninja who can cause Earthquakes. He's not known by everyone but usually among the diehard MK fans.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: Yeah the dude next to Tanya in the trailer ^ above. He's never been in an MK fighting game, but was in MK Special Forces way back. He's an Earth Bender ninja who can cause Earthquakes. He's not known by everyone but usually among the diehard MK fans.

I don't recall him... let me google an image up of him. i've been playing the MK games since the original.... after looking he looks like the rest of the ninjas... i've alwaysw been partial to scorpion myself.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: They also put him in MK 9 Vita version challenge tower you could play as him in one mission.

Loading Video...

MK special forces tremor:( it was an adventure game)

Loading Video...