Would it kill power girl, if got laid off?

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By dewboy01

Virginity doesn't last forever.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@dewboy01 said:

It can.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: .@dewboy01: Well it can last as long as the lifespan of the individual is yeah. As much as people like to push it as an inevitability though you can live a whole life without sex and I'm sure plenty of people have

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Aronmorales

It's her body; if she wants to give it up like that, that's her call.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@spinningbirdcake said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: .@dewboy01: Well it can last as long as the lifespan of the individual is yeah. As much as people like to push it as an inevitability though you can live a whole life without sex and I'm sure plenty of people have

Exactly. Some people just don't bother with that sort of thing. Cake is better anyway. :)

So is Power Girl a virgin then? I don't really know much about her.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By Teerack

You do know that the term "laid off" doesn't mean that the person got laid, right? xD

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: I'm not sure. There was the whole mystery pregnancy during zero hour by I think most people just try and forget that whole period of comics. As far as her in the N52 I'm not sure.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By judasnixon

Oh No. I think I'm in the weird and creepy part of the forums again....... 

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@spinningbirdcake: I just looked it up, sounds pretty horrible.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Teerack said:

You do know that the term "laid off" doesn't mean that the person got laid, right? xD

Someone had to say it.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Didn't Karen sleep with Michael Holt?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Healing factor b!tches, just sun dip and pop back a new hymen (a la x-23)

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewboy01 said:

It can.

It only needs to last five years now.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powergirlfan: I don't know what that means.

In the new DCU, everything no more than five years in the past. Or something like that. I don't understand exactly how that works. The purpose for this is to remove continuity problems like Superman, Flash, Wonder woman etc. existing during WW2 and still being the same age in the 1970s, which previously DC dealt with by creating Earth Two and moving superhero stories in WW2 to E2. The reboot was made to throw away all of those continuity complications. Lucklily for us, PG had crossed over into the main Earth (Earth One, New Earth, whatever) during Crisis On Infinite Earths, which was DC's first attempt to eliminate the parallel Earths and other continuity problems.

Why can't these superheroes not live forever and just have kids like other people?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose
jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Why? Does she have to be a tramp, slinging ass like there's no tomorrow? I'd prefer her and Supergirl be written as sweet girls, just like Clark is supposed to be all old fashioned and Methodist. Leave the trampdom and bumdom to the real hos and dogs like Catwoman, Batman, Green Arrow, and Starfire. Sex is not something that you just give up for a little pleasure and some nakedness. It's supposed to be a special act in the confines of marriage, but since that is too old-fashioned, at least let Karen meet a nice guy who she loves dearly and would want to marry before she drops her drawers. She isn't Huntress, Black Widow, or She Hulk. Just because she has a GLORIOUS rack doesn't mean she should start stroking dicks for a living.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why? Does she have to be a tramp, slinging ass like there's no tomorrow? I'd prefer her and Supergirl be written as sweet girls, just like Clark is supposed to be all old fashioned and Methodist. Leave the trampdom and bumdom to the real hos and dogs like Catwoman, Batman, Green Arrow, and Starfire. Sex is not something that you just give up for a little pleasure and some nakedness. It's supposed to be a special act in the confines of marriage, but since that is too old-fashioned, at least let Karen meet a nice guy who she loves dearly and would want to marry before she drops her drawers. She isn't Huntress, Black Widow, or She Hulk. Just because she has a GLORIOUS rack doesn't mean she should start stroking dicks for a living.

Agreed and that also sums up my feelings about Wonder Girl in Lobdell's Teen Titans.

While I think there should be characters that are promiscuous and not ridiculed for it. There should also be characters that are largely uninterested in sex and romance. Power Girl was always like that Pre52, never bothering with sex or romance despite the boob window costume.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@rdclip said:

While I think there should be characters that are promiscuous and not ridiculed for it. There should also be characters that are largely uninterested in sex and romance. Power Girl was always like that Pre52, never bothering with sex or romance despite the boob window costume.

Not true. Off hand, I recall that she made out with a janitor in his shed when she was with JLE and she made reference to tearing negligees with heavy breathing at a pajama party with the other female supers in JLE. She also had a thing for Aquaman at one time in JLE. She's not a nun. Being a tramp and being romantically involved, in or out of marriage, are not the same thing.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By bloggerboy

The problem with writing both Kara and Karen as sweet girls would make them unrecognizable from each other (aside from the costumes and body type). Karen has always been a no-nonsense type of woman when it came to being a CEO of a company or a superhero. In the 70's she had zero tolerance for men belittling her, she always had to prove everyone and herself she could do the job. Karen always had banter with Wildcat and the Star-Spangled Kid to name a few. Karen was never really that "sweet." This doesn't mean she is a stone cold bitch or a slut either.

Supergirl, I guess should be the sweet girl, but she's still a teenager and teenagers do rash decisions that aren't always smart. After Post-Crisis, Kara (or whatever version of Supergirl we're talking about) has always had a bad girl vibe coming from her. Or at least she always gets mixed in with the wrong crowds. Now you could argue this is just bad storytelling but it's almost constant no matter the version of the character. Supergirl always ends up being an agent of evil in some form or another. Now you could argue that the same thing happens to Superman on occasion but those stories are either Elseworld stories or Superman is under mind control.