Who should be more visibly muscularly Wonder Woman or PG?

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GWHH

There been much debate on how much muscle these two super heroine should have and there overall physical physique (muscle and fitness wise only here please). But the questions has not been asked. Who should be more visibly muscularly Wonder Woman OR Power Girl?

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman. Makes way more sence.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KittyParker13
RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power Girl should be if just to differentiate her from all the other female heroes

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Diana having the body of a woman that's active (works out, eats healthy, etc). Not a fan of muscles, really.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gwhh: Doesn't make much difference. Muscle size alone can't account for their strength, and that's part of both of their power sets in any case. WW's is magic, PG's is super-science---they could both be waifs and still be as strong as they are.

That said, WW is supposed to be the warrior, which would mean bigger muscles. While PG is just plain big, at least since the Connor depictions, and Sears before her. Not a body-builder, just tall and built accordingly.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GWHH

I like this one a LOT for the body but the face needs a lot of work!

No Caption Provided

bjchit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gwhh: Doesn't make much difference. Muscle size alone can't account for their strength, and that's part of both of their power sets in any case. WW's is magic, PG's is super-science---they could both be waifs and still be as strong as they are.

That said, WW is supposed to be the warrior, which would mean bigger muscles. While PG is just plain big, at least since the Connor depictions, and Sears before her. Not a body-builder, just tall and built accordingly.

Actually PB is due to biology. Captain America would be due to super-science. I would think Wonder Woman looking like a UFC fighter would make sense, and have PG look like a body builder.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Diana having the body of a woman that's active (works out, eats healthy, etc). Not a fan of muscles, really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I always think of Power Girl as the buffer one.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Diana. She actually works out. The Kryptos dont.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjchitWell, PG's biologically that way, sure, but again, muscle size can't account for her strength. And plenty of Kryptonian females aren't shown as muscular.

bjchit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bjchit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591:

Why would they need to? I've seen PG workout more than Wonder Woman anyway.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjchit: Which was what? That she can work out? That she needs to in order to do what she does?

Well, the first has been shown, though now it's sort of silly, since there's really nothing she can lift as a Kryptonian that would build her muscles. The examples I've seen date from her powered down Atlantean era. The second---again, why?

Kryptonians get their power from the sun, (so far), and all she needs to do to get stronger than say Superman is to take a nice long sun dip inside the sun while he's not. Her muscles wouldn't get bigger, (to judge from various artistic impressions over the years). She'd just get stronger and more powerful.

As far as WW goes, there seem to be various magic methods for her to get stronger. And she doesn't seem to get more muscular either.

Essentially, it's a matter of artistic impression, which changes as fashions vary.

bjchit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achilles100:

That her powers are biological. How are you not getting this?

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjchit: So? It's a biology based on nothing we've ever encountered. So might as well classify it as super-science, to distinguish it from Diana's magically based powers. After all, PG is nominally a sci-fi character, or at least she's presented that way, even though technically she's impossible and therefore would be more a fantasy character.

bjchit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achilles100:

It's still biological. As I had before, Steve Rogers would be super science.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjchit said:

@achilles100:

That still doesn't change the point I made.

It also doesnt change that your point is wrong. Her super strength is based on the different gravity of earth vs Krypton, she'd have a higher upper power level on Mars even, due to the gravity.

Neither girl needs to have muscles. They, like Superman, should be extremly obese, lazy, gross slobs. They dont need, nor should any of those 3, have muscles.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjchit said:

@achilles100:

That still doesn't change the point I made.

It also doesnt change that your point is wrong. Her super strength is based on the different gravity of earth vs Krypton, she'd have a higher upper power level on Mars even, due to the gravity.

Neither girl needs to have muscles. They, like Superman, should be extremly obese, lazy, gross slobs. They dont need, nor should any of those 3, have muscles.

Er, no, not even close. Not for many years now. She, like any other Kryptonian, has been established since her retcon back to Kryptonian origins as powered by the sun. Nothing has ever yet since been mentioned that Krypton, at least her Krypton, had high gravity. Or that she'd have any superpowers at all after an extended period out of the sun or under a red sun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like powergirl to be a little more muscular. But in actuality they both should be muscular.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Muscular? eh. Fit is better. Defined, even.

bjchit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Wonder Woman suppose to be the most beautiful woman in the world. I don't think that would be the case if she was so muscular.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

Isn't Wonder Woman suppose to be the most beautiful woman in the world. I don't think that would be the case if she was so muscular.

So is PG...cited on numerous occasions.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achilles100: so none of them should be muscular because I don't know a single guy who's into muscular women. I know I'm not for sure.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

@achilles100: so none of them should be muscular because I don't know a single guy who's into muscular women. I know I'm not for sure.

Sure there are guys into muscular women. Just not the vast majority. Perhaps the fitness queen types, but not the female bodybuilders. So who do you go for? The majority audience? And the most popular depictions of PG are typically big women, but not steroid abusers. Take Connor for example, or Lupacinno or Hughes for example.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achilles100: women shaped like scarlet johansson are what guys are going for nowadays.