• 108 results
daedalus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By daedalus25

@powergirlfan:You might be right (I have no idea), but I don't believe they intended to give her back her iconic costume from the beginning. From what I gather, Kevin Maguire took a lot of flak for his costume change and wanted to appease Power Girl's fans as much as possible by having the "boob window" appear regularly either through costume destruction or civilian clothing.

I think what we are seeing here is DC finally giving the fans what they wanted in an effort to boost sales on Worlds' Finest. And I know that at least in my case it will work. I had no interest in ever picking up an issue of WF. (I actually haven't touched the New 52 at all.) But with PG being the first character with any semblance of her prior self back, I will start giving the book a try with #12.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@powergirlfan:You might be right (I have no idea), but I don't believe they intended to give her back her iconic costume from the beginning. From what I gather, Kevin Maguire took a lot of flak for his costume change and wanted to appease Power Girl's fans as much as possible by having the "boob window" appear regularly either through costume destruction or civilian clothing.

I think what we are seeing here is DC finally giving the fans what they wanted in an effort to boost sales on Worlds' Finest. And I know that at least in my case it will work. I had no interest in ever picking up an issue of WF. (I actually haven't touched the New 52 at all.) But with PG being the first character with any semblance of her prior self back, I will start giving the book a try with #12.

If you're expecting PG to suddenly be PG again just because she got a costume change, you're going to be disappointed... she's still being written by the same person, so she's going to continue to be a terrible character, boob window or no boob window.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ravager4 said:

@daedalus25 said:

If you're expecting PG to suddenly be PG again just because she got a costume change, you're going to be disappointed... she's still being written by the same person, so she's going to continue to be a terrible character, boob window or no boob window.

Our complaints got her costume back. Do not underestimate the power of the dark side.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@awesam said:

@ravager4 said:

@daedalus25 said:

Our complaints got her costume back. Do not underestimate the power of the dark side.

I'm not saying they didn't. I'm just saying that them giving PG her costume back isn't actually going to do anything for her characterization, as she still has the same writer. From what I understand, Levitz has made zero effort to develop PG as anything other than a whiny, bratty, arrogant, dimwitted, shallow, horny, petulant teenager trapped in a woman's body. She is so far from what made PG great before the reboot that she's almost become a parody at this point.As a fan of pre-boot PG, this current version disgusts me. A costume change isn't going to fix that.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By AweSam

@ravager4: May not fix it, but the costume change made it bearable. Writers come and go.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I agree wholeheartedly with Ravager4.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Degalon

@ravager4:

It's not that its a full revert back to being good, it's just that it's a start to DC comics long road to becoming good again.

since 52, I hear most of their comics flopping because all the characters are either erased from history (Wally West, most of Justice Society, etc etc) or overhauled to the point where they don't resemble the original character in either appearance or characterization (Warblade, Bane, Power Girl) so there's no reason to really stick around.

But this, while its no returning Power Girl to her former glory, it's a step in the right direction, and after 2 years of new 52, this ONE little step back to glory is cause for a HUGE celebration.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@ravager4 said:

@daedalus25 said:

I didn't mean to sound optimistic, though I am happy that at least she is well dressed again. The costume sort of is a sign that DC may be waking up to what fans liked about PG.pre-52. On the other hand, it may just be a partial measure to placate us, like maybe if she looks like PG we will think it's really her. Perhaps they will put a writer with some class on PG and we can forget the first 13 issues and say she was on the diet sodas again.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't care what anyone says, I like the classic look.