• 109 results
#51 Edited by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

IMHO... The classic costume is a billion times better than the new 52, so i cant complain, wont be buying the book again though... not before it gets better writing.

#52 Posted by kapitein_zeppos (341 posts) - - Show Bio

DC might still spite this one by having her in the costume for one issue and then by the end of it go "Now that costume was a stupid idea, I don't know what I was thinking ? The other one is so much better."

#53 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Why oh why couldn't they split the middle and give us a classic-looking costume but without the window?

#54 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay!!! That new costume was one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. The old costume isn't the best (to some ;) haha), but it's a whole lot better than the other one!

#55 Posted by tomlikesfries (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

Over a 1000 views in this thread already. I wonder why...

#56 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Why oh why couldn't they split the middle and give us a classic-looking costume but without the window?

The first image you posted, I like. Something like that or Amanda Conner's costume revision would be preferable for me, with or without a boob window.

#57 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Split what middle? Those aren't classic costumes. Her original costume looks far better than any of those. The top one would be okay if you took away the legs. Then it would be virtually her original costume.

Her original costume didn't always have the boob window. Sometimes it was solid, sometimes it was low-cut and sometimes it had the boob window. In all cases it was better than the DCnU costume.

#58 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan said:

@fodigg said:

Split what middle? Those aren't classic costumes. Her original costume looks far better than any of those. The top one would be okay if you took away the legs. Then it would be virtually her original costume.

Her original costume didn't always have the boob window. Sometimes it was solid, sometimes it was low-cut and sometimes it had the boob window. In all cases it was better than the DCnU costume.

Yeah, I'm really not interested in another enormously long debate about the boob window with you. Let's just say I don't see it as exclusively a choice between her old costume and her new one and leave it at that. Anyone who wants to see our respective reasoning can check the linked thread.

#59 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

You know whats ironic? My first thought was that her classic costume looks outdated for the New 52

@fodigg said:

^Thats literally the best redesign I've ever seen

#60 Edited by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

@fodigg said:

Yeah, I'm really not interested in another enormously long debate about the boob window with you. Let's just say I don't see it as exclusively a choice between her old costume and her new one and leave it at that. Anyone who wants to see our respective reasoning can check the linked thread.

You call that debating? I was obviously not talking about the boob window in the above quote. I was talking about her original costume. The boob window is not the whole costume and sometimes the costume didn't have the boob window. I'm questioning what makes the designs you posted better than the original. I liked her yellow/white jumpsuit too, which was also better than the ones you posted. They are not really designs, they are just variations of her original costume (add legs, change cape color, cut away sleeves, lengthen boots etc.). If we are going to change the costume we should at least pay proper respects by giving her a new one, not just a limp revamp of the old one, which was basically as good as we could ever make it. A genuine new design would start from scractch.

#61 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

WORLDS' FINEST #12
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by KEVIN MAGUIRE and GERALDO BORGES
Cover by RYAN SOOK
On sale MAY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
As Power Girl returns to her classic look, DeSaad wreaks havoc on her tech empire—and PG and Huntress find themselves hunted by the talented torturer from Apokolips.

It's pretty sad that DC thinks a return of the boobs is the only way to get this book to sell better

No, what is really sad is that it will probably work.

#62 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOBS!!

#63 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan said:

@fodigg said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

@fodigg said:

You call that debating? I was obviously not talking about the boob window in the above quote. I was talking about her original costume. The boob window is not the whole costume and sometimes the costume didn't have the boob window. I'm questioning what makes the designs you posted better than the original. I liked her yellow/white jumpsuit too, which was also better than the ones you posted. They are not really designs, they are just variations of her original costume (add legs, change cape color, cut away sleeves, lengthen boots etc.). If we are going to change the costume we should at least pay proper respects by giving her a new one, not just a limp revamp of the old one, which was basically as good as we could ever make it. A genuine new design would start from scractch.

Yeah. Not feelin it.

#64 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

@fodigg said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

@fodigg said:

Yeah. Not feelin it.

I debated with you about the reasons you and others wish to remove the boob window, not because I think it is essential to keep it. I liked her yellow/white costume, which had no boob window and completely covered her body from neck to toe.

You don't have to change PG's original costume just to remove the boob window. Her original costume had variations at times which had no boob window (though it was sometimes low cut, like your top costume) yet was always the same basic costume design. The costume worked well the way it was, so why make changes to it? Either keep the original costume or design a completely new one.

#65 Posted by HellknightLeon (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

@Ravager4 said:
But the terrible writing remains
Accurate =_= Put a new writer on this book and then I'll pick it up again

I know I'm late... I with you guys. Power Girl is my fav girl in the DC and it would be nice to get someone who can write her better. I still get them because I hold out hope that it will get better. Oh God! I'm apart of the problem.

#66 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@Imagine_Man15

I like the classic look far better than the new costume... but the thing is, her costume was NOT the problem with this series. The problem is the writing, and bringing the boob-window back won't fix it.

Yes, while I am glad to see her old costume back, it is only the smallest of steps in fixing the butchery that Levitz has done to her character.

That costume is misogynistic. I'm surprised you would like the old costume. Shame.

#67 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio
@sethysquare oh yeah, because showing some cleavage shows a clear hatred of women. *shakes head* If anything here is mysoginistic it's tearing off her clothes in every single issue as part of an unfunny running gag. Cleavage or no cleavage, her old costume is simply a much better designed outfit than the gaudy crap she's wearing now. But even so, as previously mentioned, this won't fix her horrible characterization and the terrible writing in this book. She needs a new writer that will actually treat her with respect.

And by the way, many other characters wear less than PG's old costume, even Wonder Woman.
#68 Posted by Onemoreposter (4052 posts) - - Show Bio

Well. Thank god. I may actually pick this up. Terrific cover btw.

#69 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@sethysquare oh yeah, because showing some cleavage shows a clear hatred of women. *shakes head* If anything here is mysoginistic it's tearing off her clothes in every single issue as part of an unfunny running gag. Cleavage or no cleavage, her old costume is simply a much better designed outfit than the gaudy crap she's wearing now. But even so, as previously mentioned, this won't fix her horrible characterization and the terrible writing in this book. She needs a new writer that will actually treat her with respect. And by the way, many other characters wear less than PG's old costume, even Wonder Woman.

Please. This is your statement about PG, it has nothing to do with tearing off her clothes

Yes, while I am glad to see her old costume back,

And yet you made this statement about Starfire

@Ravager4 said:

I can't look at Starfire anymore without thinking about how utterly ridiculous her costume is. Even her old costume before the reboot I could tolerate, but this is just... feh. She's down to what amounts to barely more than nipple pasties and a thong. Doesn't matter how fantastically she's written, I can't get past it.

Starfire went from

I don't see how much of a difference it is. Double standards or what. You and DC women kicking ass minions kept using the gender card in relations to what you like or don't like. Its double standards and it makes you look guys look foolish.

#70 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio
@sethysquare you're taking my comments and twisting them to see them how you want to. I'm glad to see PG's old costume back because she doesn't look like a Swedish speed skater in it, not because boobs. I don't care about the boob window, cover it up for all I care, but don't give her a fashion travesty instead, and then just tear it off every chance you get.

As for Starfire, her costume (if you can call it that) is way over the line of ridoculousness. I wish I could bring myself to look past it because I'm sure she's a fine character, but I can't. She isn't just showing off a little cleavage, which is quite normal for women to do, she's running around barely more than naked. I can't compare her characterizations from new and old (really old, from the look of that scan), because I havent read enough of her. I'm simply referring to aesthetics, which I find to be quite ridiculous in regards to her.
#71 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@sethysquare you're taking my comments and twisting them to see them how you want to. I'm glad to see PG's old costume back because she doesn't look like a Swedish speed skater in it, not because boobs. I don't care about the boob window, cover it up for all I care, but don't give her a fashion travesty instead, and then just tear it off every chance you get. As for Starfire, her costume (if you can call it that) is way over the line of ridoculousness. I wish I could bring myself to look past it because I'm sure she's a fine character, but I can't. She isn't just showing off a little cleavage, which is quite normal for women to do, she's running around barely more than naked. I can't compare her characterizations from new and old (really old, from the look of that scan), because I havent read enough of her. I'm simply referring to aesthetics, which I find to be quite ridiculous in regards to her.

Do you even know that everyone from tamaran wears next to nothing because like Superman in some ways, the sun powers them up and covering themselves up is considered a joke because they would be limiting access to sunlight. I also don't see how much less or more covered those 2 outfits look. She has always worn stuff like that since she was created. As for PG, her classic outfit is the one that looks ridiculous, do you actually see anyone wearing a one piece bikini anymore? On top of that, its coupled with a belt and a boob window. It looks stupid and silly. That is the real fashion travesty. Starfire's new 52 outfit is the one that looks chic and fashion forward. But since you just subject everything to fashion choices, no matter how good the character is written, it doesn't matter bcos of how ugly the oufit looks, then you shouldn't be reading powergirl at all, pre reboot or post reboot.

#72 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio
@sethysquare rofl, okay now I'm convinced you're trolling

Buy okay, I'll bite. Firstly, the whole limiting the access to the sun thing is an asinine reason that makes no sense in the context of their universe, and is a piss poor justification to draw Starfire nearly naked. Why is this, you ask? You've already answered it. Superman. He dresses in full costume, nearly head to toe, and yet this in no way inhibits his powers, which he gains from absorbing solar radiation, same as Starfire.

Also, really? Her costume is chic and fashion forward? So, dressing like a stripper with nothing but pasties over your nipples is what's in right now? Damn, where do you live, because I want to move there.

And I don't read PG right now, not just because of her costume but because of how terribly she's written, and the fact that her book is an insane bore. But her old costume was perfectly fine for me and a lot of other people, and before the reboot she was written wonderfully in both JSA and her solo series.

Anyway, that's enough food for you now, I'm done feeding. Have a nice day.
#73 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@sethysquare rofl, okay now I'm convinced you're trolling Buy okay, I'll bite. Firstly, the whole limiting the access to the sun thing is an asinine reason that makes no sense in the context of their universe, and is a piss poor justification to draw Starfire nearly naked. Why is this, you ask? You've already answered it. Superman. He dresses in full costume, nearly head to toe, and yet this in no way inhibits his powers, which he gains from absorbing solar radiation, same as Starfire. Also, really? Her costume is chic and fashion forward? So, dressing like a stripper with nothing but pasties over your nipples is what's in right now? Damn, where do you live, because I want to move there. And I don't read PG right now, not just because of her costume but because of how terribly she's written, and the fact that her book is an insane bore. But her old costume was perfectly fine for me and a lot of other people, and before the reboot she was written wonderfully in both JSA and her solo series. Anyway, that's enough food for you now, I'm done feeding. Have a nice day.

Superman absorbs the sun differently as Tamarans, also the whole planet does it the same way. I'll let this other poster talk, she says it better

@WonderHunter said:

@akbogert: I understand you in that point. I see some weeks ago her new suit and i kind of feel disapointed, because they don't even respect her old armor... The thing about her culture is that her people are supose to see clothes as useless. As warriors, they just use the necessary to protect and at the same time to absorb the sun freely as Tamaran is much farther from the sun than Earth and probably find it easier that way. But the new suit, while have things that I like (the boots, shoulder pads) that part of the breast is a joke.

But I try to look on the bright side, now this new suit is more practical in the breasts. Still not entirely believable, but .... nature of comics?

I still like more the space suit, but that just my taste :) ... But i pick this over the first suit any day. If is properly drawn, it can even look cool.

Also, the whole shoulder armor thing looks much better than a borat. Seriously.

#74 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Oh my god.

#75 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan said:

@fodigg said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

@fodigg said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

@fodigg said:

Yeah. Not feelin it.

I debated with you about the reasons you and others wish to remove the boob window, not because I think it is essential to keep it. I liked her yellow/white costume, which had no boob window and completely covered her body from neck to toe.

You don't have to change PG's original costume just to remove the boob window. Her original costume had variations at times which had no boob window (though it was sometimes low cut, like your top costume) yet was always the same basic costume design. The costume worked well the way it was, so why make changes to it? Either keep the original costume or design a completely new one.

No need to try and recontextualize the conversation. Anyone can go through and read all of it if they want.

#76 Edited by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

No need to try and recontextualize the conversation. Anyone can go through and read all of it if they want.

Obviously you didn't, which explains most of what you posted in it. You just refuse to acknowledge my actual words. I hope people do read it just so they can see how confused you are.

@sethysquare said:

@Ravager4 said:

Yes, while I am glad to see her old costume back, it is only the smallest of steps in fixing the butchery that Levitz has done to her character.

That costume is misogynistic. I'm surprised you would like the old costume. Shame.

What is the connection between cleavage and hatred of women? This sounds like radical feminist talk.

@sethysquare said:

Please. This is your statement about PG, it has nothing to do with tearing off her clothes

@Ravager4 said:

I can't look at Starfire anymore without thinking about how utterly ridiculous her costume is. Even her old costume before the reboot I could tolerate, but this is just... feh. She's down to what amounts to barely more than nipple pasties and a thong. Doesn't matter how fantastically she's written, I can't get past it.

Starfire went from

I don't see how much of a difference it is. Double standards or what. You and DC women kicking ass minions kept using the gender card in relations to what you like or don't like. Its double standards and it makes you look guys look foolish.

You don't see much difference between PG's standard superhero costume and Starfire's stripper costume? It is you who is applying double standards - Wonder Woman's costume is smaller than PG's but you single out PG's costume. Some male superhero costumes are smaller than PG's.

Personally I don't care how small a female superhero's costume is. Starfire's new costume doesn't offend me. She could be naked and it wouldn't offend me. But that's probably only because I'm not a fifteen-year-old. Comics are just an art form - it's just the human form we are looking at. There are no sexual acts involved. Also, comics are fiction, accompanied by drawings - it's not like they are real women fighting crime in skimpy costumes. It's as if you people can't separate fiction from reality.

@sethysquare said:

Do you even know that everyone from tamaran wears next to nothing because like Superman in some ways, the sun powers them up and covering themselves up is considered a joke because they would be limiting access to sunlight. I also don't see how much less or more covered those 2 outfits look. She has always worn stuff like that since she was created. As for PG, her classic outfit is the one that looks ridiculous, do you actually see anyone wearing a one piece bikini anymore? On top of that, its coupled with a belt and a boob window. It looks stupid and silly. That is the real fashion travesty. Starfire's new 52 outfit is the one that looks chic and fashion forward. But since you just subject everything to fashion choices, no matter how good the character is written, it doesn't matter bcos of how ugly the oufit looks, then you shouldn't be reading powergirl at all, pre reboot or post reboot.

A one piece bikini? Bikini's have two pieces, unless the wearer is going topless. PG's costume covers more than Wonder Woman's costume.

Costumes are not supposed to be like regular clothes. They are not ridiculous, they are worn in a different context. Have you ever seen circus performers? Have you seen gymnasts performing? They wear costumes because they are practical for what they do and also because they are exotic (so they also incorporate non-practical features). Superhero costumes are likewise supposed to be exotic. People don't normally dress like Superman or Green Lantern. That's the whole point of a costume: it makes the wearer stand out from other people. Superhero costumes tell people who they are,e.g., Superman, not just some tall guy with dark hair. Regular people do wear bikinis and one-piece swimsuits - when they are swimming. Does that offend you? Is female swimwear misogynistic?

I can't follow the rest of the above quote. Ravage didn't say anything about fashion and PG's original costume is not ugly.

@sethysquare said:

Superman absorbs the sun differently as Tamarans, also the whole planet does it the same way. I'll let this other poster talk, she says it better

@WonderHunter said:

@akbogert: I understand you in that point. I see some weeks ago her new suit and i kind of feel disapointed, because they don't even respect her old armor... The thing about her culture is that her people are supose to see clothes as useless. As warriors, they just use the necessary to protect and at the same time to absorb the sun freely as Tamaran is much farther from the sun than Earth and probably find it easier that way. But the new suit, while have things that I like (the boots, shoulder pads) that part of the breast is a joke.

But I try to look on the bright side, now this new suit is more practical in the breasts. Still not entirely believable, but .... nature of comics?

I still like more the space suit, but that just my taste :) ... But i pick this over the first suit any day. If is properly drawn, it can even look cool.

So you justify DC contriving a fictional pretext for giving Starfire a skimpy costume but you assume PG's boob window is due to misogyny merely because it serves no practical purpose?

Many costume features are impractical. Capes are impractical - they exist entirely for the sake of appearance. Like WonderHuneter, whom you quoted, says: it's the nature of comics. Comics are for entertainment, not for depicting real life.

#77 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan said:

@fodigg said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

Obviously you didn't, which explains most of what you posted in it. You just refuse to acknowledge my actual words. I hope people do read it just so they can see how confused you are.

@sethysquare said:

@Ravager4 said:

What is the connection between cleavage and hatred of women? This sounds like radical feminist talk.

@sethysquare said:

@Ravager4 said:

Starfire went from

You don't see much difference between PG's standard superhero costume and Starfire's stripper costume? It is you who is applying double standards - Wonder Woman's costume is smaller than PG's but you single out PG's costume. Some male superhero costumes are smaller than PG's.

Personally I don't care how small a female superhero's costume is. Starfire's new costume doesn't offend me. She could be naked and it wouldn't offend me. But that's probably only because I'm not a fifteen-year-old. Comics are just an art form - it's just the human form we are looking at. There are no sexual acts involved. Also, comics are fiction, accompanied by drawings - it's not like they are real women fighting crime in skimpy costumes. It's as if you people can't separate fiction from reality.

@sethysquare said:

A one piece bikini? Bikini's have two pieces, unless the wearer is going topless. PG's costume covers more than Wonder Woman's costume.

Costumes are not supposed to be like regular clothes. They are not ridiculous, they are worn in a different context. Have you ever seen circus performers? Have you seen gymnasts performing? They wear costumes because they are practical for what they do and also because they are exotic (so they also incorporate non-practical features). Superhero costumes are likewise supposed to be exotic. People don't normally dress like Superman or Green Lantern. That's the whole point of a costume: it makes the wearer stand out from other people. Superhero costumes tell people who they are,e.g., Superman, not just some tall guy with dark hair. Regular people do wear bikinis and one-piece swimsuits - when they are swimming. Does that offend you? Is female swimwear misogynistic?

I can't follow the rest of the above quote. Ravage didn't say anything about fashion and PG's original costume is not ugly.

@sethysquare said:

@WonderHunter said:

So you justify DC contriving a fictional pretext for giving Starfire a skimpy costume but you assume PG's boob window is due to misogyny merely because it serves no practical purpose?

Many costume features are impractical. Capes are impractical - they exist entirely for the sake of appearance. Like WonderHuneter, whom you quoted, says: it's the nature of comics. Comics are for entertainment, not for depicting real life.

you just want to see boobs.

#78 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan said:

@fodigg said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

They don't need to read anything more than the above exchange to see how you go about these discussions.

#79 Posted by starrk_coyote (624 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@sethysquare said:

Oh my god.

#80 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty sad that DC thinks a return of the boobs is the only way to get this book to sell better.

What? Fanatics have been &*!%$#ing about wanting the "original" look back.

EDIT:

PS I didn't even notice Huntress was on the cover as well XP

(+)

#81 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Yes I do; but PG's costume is not pornographic, as you appear to think. The issue here is why people like you want to cover PG's boobs up. Not other female character's boobs, only PG's.

#82 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan said:

@sethysquare said:

Yes I do; but PG's costume is not pornographic, as you appear to think. The issue here is why people like you want to cover PG's boobs up. Not other female character's boobs, only PG's.

I just think its a bad design. I'm okay if PG wants to wear something like Wonder Woman or Supergirl. The whole boob hole thing is also fine if its done well. But its a bad design and on top of that its white colour. Its cheesy and fcuk.

#83 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@starrk_coyote said:

@akbogert said:

@sethysquare said:

Oh my god.

yes, that was how lame starfire was before new 52. Now she takes control.

#84 Posted by starrk_coyote (624 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@starrk_coyote said:

@akbogert said:

@sethysquare said:

Oh my god.

yes, that was how lame starfire was before new 52. Now she takes control.

#85 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

WORLDS' FINEST #12
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by KEVIN MAGUIRE and GERALDO BORGES
Cover by RYAN SOOK
On sale MAY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
As Power Girl returns to her classic look, DeSaad wreaks havoc on her tech empire—and PG and Huntress find themselves hunted by the talented torturer from Apokolips.

It's pretty sad that DC thinks a return of the boobs is the only way to get this book to sell better

At least they aren't pretending to try anymore

#86 Posted by MrDirector786 (43560 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I think this redesign looks alright.

#87 Edited by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@fodigg said:

I would like this design. I hope the classic look is just temporary although i dont see that being the case. The new design just sucks. Like they couldnt figure out a new look so the just totally covered her up and gave her a P. Her attitude just makes me think that this type of Character would have a symbol (w/o letters) rather than a giant P on her chest. I think the House of El Diamond symbol could easily be her symbol without the letters.

i was going to put up good alternates but i like the classic version but i also like the new version alot. The only piece i dont like is the stupid P on the left side of her chest.

HAVE THEY SAID WHY ITS CHANGING BACK? I hope someone from this side gives it to her and she only wears it for like 1 issue and decides its not her style

#88 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@sethysquare said:

Oh my god.

yeah I gess she dose. Why diden't she say... "No don't go Richard... I love you Richard" ? By the way how is Dick short for Richard ?

#89 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Dick has always been short for richard just like bill is short for william

#90 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Dick has always been short for richard just like bill is short for william

I still don't get it how is Dick short for Richard ? Ok Bill and William ryme and jim and james both start with J but you would not call somebody Dickard... Anyway back on topic. I'm kind of glad the old PG outfit is back.

#91 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

@fodigg said:

O_O Can this happen....Like now. lol I really like this look, it's conservative like DC wanted but still gives what i guess fanboys want which is the cleavage. The cape is cool and she has an edgy haircut it all works.
#92 Edited by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

O_O Can this happen....Like now. lol I really like this look, it's conservative like DC wanted but still gives what i guess fanboys want which is the cleavage. The cape is cool and she has an edgy haircut it all works.

What's the big deal? It's just her original costume with the legs covered. The original costume, with the legs bare, had an exotic look but with the legs covered it's basically just a white jumpsuit. The original looks like a costume; this one looks like a uniform. If they go for a full-covering costume it will need to be completely redesigned so that it has an interesting style. Her yellow/white costume was a jumpsuit but it had a nice visual design - it looked exotic.

#93 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

@sethysquare said:

I still don't get it how is Dick short for Richard ? Ok Bill and William ryme and jim and james both start with J but you would not call somebody Dickard... Anyway back on topic. I'm kind of glad the old PG outfit is back.

you have to ask all those old people who made the short forms

#94 Edited by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

@sethysquare said:

Dick rhymes with Rick which is short for Richard. Similar to Bill for William. What I don't get is why knowing how Dick is derived from Richard is necessary to understanding the joke.

#95 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@fodigg said:

this is so much better.

I would prefer this but perhaps short sleeves, that would be perfect. I have another idea, perhaps on her opening, instead of it being the shape of a triangle, it could be the shape of a shield and then the belt can remain as a circle, I think that would be totally interesting.

#96 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked the new costume ...

#97 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop hating on fanservice

#98 Edited by Judge_Dredd (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@rumble_man:Well said.

Very cool news hearing Power Girl is going back to her classic look, great stuff, boob window included. A dash of harmless sex appeal in her look, very much in keeping with her character, is not a bad thing. It's a good thing in my humble opinion. It's just one facet of her overall character, but there's nothing wrong with that facet.

#99 Posted by RDClip (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

From Supergirl 19

#100 Edited by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip:It seems that possibly they intended to eventually give PG her pre-52 costume all along. The implication seems to be that er previous costume got ripped all the time because it isn't make of Kryptonian material and now she has one which won't get damaged. Maybe that explains the awful design of her first costume. If they didn't intend this all along, then they retroactively came up with a genuine-seeming pretext for changing it.