• 63 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@squares:starmie can survive one thunderbolt,cloyster only beats starmie in defence,starmie beats cloyster in special defence,speed and special attack by far,and it's much more versatil,and one of the best offencive spiners in all the games.

Versatile, not versatil. If you're going to keep using that word, learn to spell it properly.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've never played the card game but i have never liked Starmie

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By gokuwarrior

@degraaf said:

I've never played the card game but i have never liked Starmie

we are talking about the usual gamaes,not card game,starmie has good defences,very good speed and special attack and can learn many different types of moves

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: can you tyell me if i'm right,as far as i know,in the pokemon videogames,you can maximize 2 stats from any pokemon right?,like for example speed and special attack by using calcium and carbos and fighting with pokemon that give you points in those specific stats right?.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Starmie is a really good pokemon, I used it in Pokemon Silver. It can learn a wide variety of moves.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#57  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@fallschirmjager: can you tyell me if i'm right,as far as i know,in the pokemon videogames,you can maximize 2 stats from any pokemon right?,like for example speed and special attack by using calcium and carbos and fighting with pokemon that give you points in those specific stats right?.

those are called effort points. and there is more too it than just using vitamins. Each Pokemon can have a maximum of 510 effort points. But only 252 in any particular stat.

Each vitamin gives you 10 effort points. But a pokemon won't accept more than 10 of any one Vitameans meaning you can only get 100 effort points from that

The rest come from defeating Pokemon. Any pokemon. Which points you get depend on the pokemon you defeat. (You can probably find a master list online, just google it)

That's why if you rare candy a Pokemon to level 100 it seems weaker. Because it has no effort points. So you should maximize your effort points then use rare candies.

Every 4 effort points give you 1 stat. So if you have 252 attack EV's, you will get an additional 63 attack stat over the course of leveling that pokemon. And so on and so forth.

By the time you reach 100. Stuff like EV training, natures,...etc all matter very much. A properlly EV trained pokemon with a good nature will destroy one that hasn't been EV trained and/or has a bad nature

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:as far as i know you can only get 63 EV for every stat,i did research long ago and found out that you can mazimize 2 stats.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:i never had in mind a very important topic,IVs,so sadly many of the pokemon i have won't be able to maximize their stats.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: thats not true. you can get 252 ev's.

every 4 evs give you 1 actual stat

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:so you can get 252 points for every stats?,but i have always seen in forums that you can only maximize 2 stats.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: no you can only get 510 stats total and 252 in any one stat

so pick 2 stats. get 252 in each of them, and then +6 in whatever.

99% of the time you get 252 in speed.

the other 252 is either attack/special attack or defense/special defense, depending on the pokemon

last 6 are usually in HP

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By gokuwarrior

@gokuwarrior: no you can only get 510 stats total and 252 in any one stat

so pick 2 stats. get 252 in each of them, and then +6 in whatever.

99% of the time you get 252 in speed.

the other 252 is either attack/special attack or defense/special defense, depending on the pokemon

last 6 are usually in HP

but i never thought aout IVs,having the right IV is very important to maximize a pokemon's strongest stat.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By magnablue

I've never used it.

Zachary327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use starmie and teach it surf, psychic, thunderbolt, ice beam. That will be destructive as hell.