mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This is an Appreciation thread for the long time Bats character:POISON IVY

No Caption Provided

First appearing in 1966 in Batman Vol. 1 issue 181, Ivy was a villain who could control men with just a kiss and could climb up walls like a vine. She gave Batman a kiss and he was hers, in till he and Robin stopped her in issue 183.

No Caption Provided

Sometime later she gets the power over plants, after a changing in her origin.

No Caption Provided

Her skin can change color and has over the years, from normal to green, and her costume has changed too.

She has always been the Queen of Plants and even though she is seen as a bad guy she does what she does for her "Babys", her plants. And has sometime even been written as a good person who does bad things or even an anti-hero type of character (in fact she even once to care of a bunch of orphans when they had no where else to go, she kept them safe and protected them), she has always been a favorite in the eyes of many.

She has been in a lot of Batman family comics over the years, as well as a lot of others. She has been written a lot of times as a best friend to the character Harley Quinn and has worked with her plenty of times.

Before the relaunch she was in a new title with some other kick butt females (Catwoman and her bff Harley Quinn) called Gotham City Sirens.

No Caption Provided

But now she is in the comic Birds of Prey as a member, will she be a team player and will she be a different type of "hero" or will she go back to her old ways? There are a lot of questions and I am sure we will find out!

I made this thread so us Ivy fans can have a place to talk, ask questions and speculate where she is heading (and I was told it was a good idea :P)

So lets start talking!

What do you like about Ivy?

Whats you favorite issue Ivy was in?

What do you think about her being in Birds of Prey?

And Where do you see her going?

Have fun and no trolling/hating please, if you dont like something about Ivy feel free to post, but if your just haters please put a reason why.

Thanks!

(PS I hope its ok that I made this, there was not one yet so......)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Poison Ivy is hella hot.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

If I am correct, Ivy is no longer a member of the Birds of Prey. No great loss though, considering that the Birds of Prey have been incredibly underwhelming since the relaunch.

More on topic, Ivy is a great character. One of my favorite DC villains. I love all of the different interpretations of her we've seen over the years. And as far as Batman villains go, I think that she's had more character development over the years than most others. She could use a big story focusing on her in the near future. Something from a writer who can really handle all of the nuances of her portrayal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef46d8ddc3ec
deactivated-5ef46d8ddc3ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

Beyond her appearance in Batgirl Annual there is nothing else in the horizon for miss Isley.DC wants to bench the character.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@ivygirl851 said:

Beyond her appearance in Batgirl Annual there is nothing else in the horizon for miss Isley.DC wants to bench the character.

That's what keeps Fic'rs like me going...Knowing that if DC doesn't give a damn about Ivy and writing her in a respectful manner, somebody should.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomorrow Batgirl Annual #2 is out. With a Poison Ivy story qritten by Gail Simone. Let's show our support to this : )

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By SupBatz

Tomorrow Batgirl Annual #2 is out. With a Poison Ivy story qritten by Gail Simone. Let's show our support to this : )

Has anyone read Batgirl Annual #2 yet? Comicvine hasn't posted a review for it, and I'm reluctant to buy the issue without hearing a few reviews first (Simone's work in the New 52 has not been to my liking, for the most part). But Ivy is long overdue a great issue centered around her. Thoughts?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted my review on it. http://www.comicvine.com/batgirl-annual-2-when-pamela-gets-blue/4000-451721/user-reviews/2200-43097

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Gender Geo-Gratitude

When Steve Jobs introduced the Apple Macintosh personal home computer, society began to take notice of how the new age nerds were setting consumer design trends.

Now that comic books (the realm of a new kind of new age pedestrian nerd) have broken into the mainstream, offbeat gender-radical comic book anti-heroines such as Poison Ivy (DC Comics), a shocking eco-terrorist, are being considered as sociological motivational symbols for female involvement in populism fun.

Now, offbeat but popular Hollywood (USA) actresses such as Angelina Jolie are being considered by exciting film-makers for the portrayal of an otherwise fanatical female super-villain --- the deceptively psychotic Poison Ivy.

Feminism

No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Media Minx

It would be interesting to measure the pulp fiction politics (i.e., eco-terrorism) marketability of Poison Ivy in the modern libertine media market.

No Caption Provided