Is there any way to "Nolanize" this character?

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vernierhawk001

If you were to give Poison Ivy a real-world treatment, how would you do it? What would stay and what would get tossed? Could she still control plants? Make them grow rapidly? Would she be a nerd or a femme fatale? How would you revamp her to work in the "real world"

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

Make her an eco terrorist with no powers and an affinity for toxic gasses and play up her sociopathic seductress angle.

russia599

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By russia599

I think she'd be a Eco-terrorist with no control over plant life, but maybe an immunity to toxins and doesn't use her pheromones to control men instead she uses her beatuy and seductiveness. She is not out to kill Batman he is merely a hinderance to her plot to punish those who destroy the environment and Bruce Wayne should e one of those men.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By SupBatz

She'd probably be, as mentioned above, just ano eco-terrorist who uses some plant toxins on occassion and wants to destroy people for destroying the environment.

But I don't think Ivy is really a character who should be Nolan-ized. She works best, in my opinion, when she has fantasy on her side.

Also, now that Nolan's Batman is done, isn't it about time that Batman stop being limited by the "realistic" rule and start existing in a world where at least some more fantastic villains may come to be?

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vernierhawk001

@russia599: @AtPhantom: Cool ideas. I was thinking of her as maybe like a PhD in botany and biotechology or something (maybe doctor turned eco-terrorist) who is researching venus fly traps and uses that somehow. So you wouldn't have rapidly growing plants but might have more aggressive species. Need to think further.

@SupBatz: Well, I guess that's a matter of opinion. I'm not saying strictly follow Nolan's "rules" but the relative realism of Batman is one of the things I like most about him. I say "relative" because clearly Lazarus pits and traveling through time aren't real but still. So sure, for those who don't like it....no worries. It's over! For those of us who do, I suppose we shall keep thinking

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Strider1992

Probably an eco-terrorist but the only thing i'd change is that at some point (perhaps the start of the movie) her and her terrorist group break into some bio-testing lab to blow it up but she ends up getting infected with some plant pathogen the company was designing (perhaps derived from genetically altered poison ivy?). She still keeps her human form (no green skin or plant control) but the pathogen she is infected with is contagious and passed on via physical contact not to mention is also killing her in the process. With only a year or so left to live Pamela kicks up her terrorism acts to get as much done as possible before the pathogen kills her. So uses her seductive side to seduce rich men responsible for funding the labs so she can infect them (one of them might be Wayne Industries). After she kisses him, Bruce then spends the rest of the movie slowly dying and not fighting at 100% as he tries to find the cure to the pathogen to save himself and everyone else Ivy has poisoned.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@russia599:

That's a great idea!

spartan177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spartan177

And played by Amy Adams.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Strider92 said:

Probably an eco-terrorist but the only thing i'd change is that at some point (perhaps the start of the movie) her and her terrorist group break into some bio-testing lab to blow it up but she ends up getting infected with some plant pathogen the company was designing (perhaps derived from genetically altered poison ivy?). She still keeps her human form (no green skin or plant control) but the pathogen she is infected with is contagious and passed on via physical contact not to mention is also killing her in the process. With only a year or so left to live Pamela kicks up her terrorism acts to get as much done as possible before the pathogen kills her. So uses her seductive side to seduce rich men responsible for funding the labs so she can infect them (one of them might be Wayne Industries). After she kisses him, Bruce then spends the rest of the movie slowly dying and not fighting at 100% as he tries to find the cure to the pathogen to save himself and everyone else Ivy has poisoned.

Lol....did you really just think of this on the fly?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@vernierhawk001: Actually I did lol. I was quite impressed myself! My subconscious mind is obviously better than when I actually think stuff through....

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Strider92 said:

@vernierhawk001: Actually I did lol. I was quite impressed myself! My subconscious mind is obviously better than when I actually think stuff through....

Haha. Well I'm impressed. I don't really think about Ivy too much

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@Strider92 said:

I love this!

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I like the grunge, ratty Poison Ivy with green veins, messed up hair and smeared mascara so I think her powers are a must. Or at least some form of them. Maybe her "gift" is that her blood is toxic, so she uses that against people. She cuts herself and dabs her blood on red roses she carries and stabs people with the thorns.

But that isn't very Nolan-y I guess, so I would also say eco-terrorist but with a twist though. She's actually working for some government agency and is undercover in order to get intel on said eco-terrorist group. Somewhere along the line she gets betrayed by the people she knows and the man she loves and is shot and dumped in the bay. She recovers and vows revenge against her agency which is centered in Gotham, so she goes berserk and destroys it's head quarters. She wouldn't be a main villain in the film, due to her role and goals in the comics, but she could be like two-face or Talia.

russia599

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By russia599

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26: Thank you!

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By sethysquare

definitely possible.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Strafe Prower

@AtPhantom said:

Make her an eco terrorist with no powers and an affinity for toxic gasses and play up her sociopathic seductress angle.

This

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vernierhawk001

@spartan177 said:

And played by Amy Adams.

Really?

spartan177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spartan177

@vernierhawk001:

Yes, sir.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vernierhawk001

@spartan177 said:

@vernierhawk001:

Yes, sir.

Interesting. Any reason in particular?

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By hyperman

@SupBatz said:

Also, now that Nolan's Batman is done, isn't it about time that Batman stop being limited by the "realistic" rule and start existing in a world where at least some more fantastic villains may come to be?

I TOTALLY AGREE!

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I grew up watching Gangster/Crime films with my mother, so I would probably keep her and the film within this realm. She would start out as a Brilliant Lab assistant at a competitor of Wayne Enterprises and the Mistress of Bruce Wayne's former childhood Friend Thomas Elliot. (Not being a Surgeon Here, but a Tycoon.) After his affair is broadcasted globally, Elliot turns on Pamela, telling the world that she seduced him in order to keep founding for her research with exotic plant life. He then stripped her of her credibility and funding, leaving her broke and homeless.

But Pamela is smart, and she had been prepared. Secretly creating a new species of plant, a strange flower that had some addictive properties. Extracting it's pollen, she converted it into a designer drug she called ''Poision Ivy". Black Mask would be introduced as a rival to Ivy and basically it would be Batman preventing a Gang War from destroying half a city. Levit's Charecter would be seen as a struggling cop, coping with an incredible secret. He would not be playing Batman, but he would use what resources the caves computer provides to break mid-level crimes and help the city. Becoming a hero and leader of an elite crime unit a step above Gotham Swat (which came about after Banes attack on the city) He like his mentor Gordon, lies constantly, and reaps the rewards. When the chao's of the brewing tension between Black Mask and Ivy comes to a head he's at his wits end. But Bruce would have kept his eye on ''Robins" progress, and returns when things get to hot.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SupBatz

@hyperman said:

@SupBatz said:

I TOTALLY AGREE!

It's nice to know there's at least one other person around here who doesn't want the next films to be as realistic as Nolan's. Some of Batman's best stories and villains involve some sort of fantastic events or powers. It feels like everyone is completely wrapped up in Nolan's stories atm and want future films to be like his.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hyperman

@SupBatz: You've got the point! Batman was created to be a hero, living in a fantastic world, fighting against unrealistic villians, it is part of the charm and appeal of this character. if they try to turn him into something more realistic, they're trowing away a big part of essence.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

this
SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SupBatz

@hyperman: Exactly. I mean, I definitely don't want a complete fantasy Batman but there needs to be a balance between realistic themes and some degree of fantasy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It can be done, but the plant based theme is hard to take seriously based on the tone of the other villains used so far.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By jointron33

bump. poison ivy sucks. sje doesnt deserve a movie

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vernierhawk001

@SupBatz said:

@hyperman said:

@SupBatz said:

I TOTALLY AGREE!

It's nice to know there's at least one other person around here who doesn't want the next films to be as realistic as Nolan's. Some of Batman's best stories and villains involve some sort of fantastic events or powers. It feels like everyone is completely wrapped up in Nolan's stories atm and want future films to be like his.

Well, obviously, I like the more realistic tone of Batman (for movies, anyway) I grew up watching TAS and the Clayface, Bane, Poison Ivy, Manbat episodes were all a part of that. So I guess I would say that I'd much rather see a "fantastical" Batman being animated where everything can be awesome instead of seeing it on the silver screen where it's kind of 50/50.

That being said, I wasn't trying to say the whole Batverse needs to be "Nolanized." I was just on the 'Vine one night, happened to see a Posion Ivy thread (who knew she had one!) and the question crossed my mind and intrigued me so I posted it. For once I actually wasn't trying to ruffle feathers on here :). Sorry if you guys were offended. Truce?

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Guardiandevil83 said:

I grew up watching Gangster/Crime films with my mother, so I would probably keep her and the film within this realm. She would start out as a Brilliant Lab assistant at a competitor of Wayne Enterprises and the Mistress of Bruce Wayne's former childhood Friend Thomas Elliot. (Not being a Surgeon Here, but a Tycoon.) After his affair is broadcasted globally, Elliot turns on Pamela, telling the world that she seduced him in order to keep founding for her research with exotic plant life. He then stripped her of her credibility and funding, leaving her broke and homeless.

But Pamela is smart, and she had been prepared. Secretly creating a new species of plant, a strange flower that had some addictive properties. Extracting it's pollen, she converted it into a designer drug she called ''Poision Ivy". Black Mask would be introduced as a rival to Ivy and basically it would be Batman preventing a Gang War from destroying half a city. Levit's Charecter would be seen as a struggling cop, coping with an incredible secret. He would not be playing Batman, but he would use what resources the caves computer provides to break mid-level crimes and helping the city. Becoming a hero and leader of an elite crime unit a step above Gotham Swat (which came about after Banes attack on the city) He like his mentor Gordon, lies constantly, and reaps the awards. When the chao's of the brewing tension between Black Mask and Ivy comes to a head he's at his wits end. But Bruce would have kept his eye on ''Robins" progress, and returns when things get to hot.

Wow! Sounds like someone needs to call up DC. lol. Seems like you put a lot of thought into this.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SupBatz

@vernierhawk001 said:

@SupBatz said:

@hyperman said:

@SupBatz said:

I TOTALLY AGREE!

Well, obviously, I like the more realistic tone of Batman (for movies, anyway) I grew up watching TAS and the Clayface, Bane, Poison Ivy, Manbat episodes were all a part of that. So I guess I would say that I'd much rather see a "fantastical" Batman being animated where everything can be awesome instead of seeing it on the silver screen where it's kind of 50/50.

That being said, I wasn't trying to say the whole Batverse needs to be "Nolanized." I was just on the 'Vine one night, happened to see a Posion Ivy thread (who knew she had one!) and the question crossed my mind and intrigued me so I posted it. For once I actually wasn't trying to ruffle feathers on here :). Sorry if you guys were offended. Truce?

I didn't mean to offend you or call you out or anything lol. You asked a perfectly fair and interesting question. I just added my two cents there as a footnote expressing my hopes for the next film. No feathers ruffled here lol.

And if Ivy were ever to be "Nolanized", I think @Guardiandevil83 was pretty spot on with an awesome way to do it.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

But Pamela is smart, and she had been prepared. Secretly creating a new species of plant, a strange flower that had some addictive properties. Extracting it's pollen, she converted it into a designer drug she called ''Poision Ivy". Black Mask would be introduced as a rival to Ivy and basically it would be Batman preventing a Gang War from destroying half a city. Levit's Charecter would be seen as a struggling cop, coping with an incredible secret. He would not be playing Batman, but he would use what resources the caves computer provides to break mid-level crimes and helping the city. Becoming a hero and leader of an elite crime unit a step above Gotham Swat (which came about after Banes attack on the city) He like his mentor Gordon, lies constantly, and reaps the awards. When the chao's of the brewing tension between Black Mask and Ivy comes to a head he's at his wits end. But Bruce would have kept his eye on ''Robins" progress, and returns when things get to hot.

Wow! Sounds like someone needs to call up DC. lol. Seems like you put a lot of thought into this.

Aww thanks. I was actually a little subconcious about really writting anything at all. lol

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Aww thanks. I was actually a little subconcious about really writting anything at all. lol

DO you write fanfic? If so, you should consider doing this story, imo

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vernierhawk001

@SupBatz said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@SupBatz said:

@hyperman said:

@SupBatz said:

I TOTALLY AGREE!

I didn't mean to offend you or call you out or anything lol. You asked a perfectly fair and interesting question. I just added my two cents there as a footnote expressing my hopes for the next film. No feathers ruffled here lol.

And if Ivy were ever to be "Nolanized", I think @Guardiandevil83 was pretty spot on with an awesome way to do it.

Awesome. So the truce holds!

Oh man...and, just to clarify, I wasn't saying that I though Ivy should be in the next movie. In fact, I hope they leave Nolan's world alone and start anew,if they are going to reboot. I think that, when starting this post, I just wanted to see what ideas people would have for a "reimagining" of Poison Ivy in a more realistic setting. At least, that's what I'm going with now :)

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

Sadly, without her powers, she isn't much of an interesting character. Also, she wouldn't fit into the Nolanverse at all, thematically.

TSCTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's what I'd do.

A few years before the return of Bruce Wayne, a young talented summa cum laude graduate from Gotham U, with a degree in genetics, a minor in biochemistry and an interest in botany, is hired straight out of university for Wayne Enterprise's GMO department. Unfortunately for the young Pamela, her new boss is more interested in her curvy body than her brilliant mind, as he constantly disregards her suggestions.
As the years roll on, she is constantly reminded of her bosses misogyny, as he will even steal her good ideas and brush of the act as something she should expect in a man's world. But she bites the sour apple, as Wayne Enterprise's GMO department has been her dream as far back as she can remember wanting to help the world.

Then, few few months before Bruce's return, she finds herself at an office party at a harbor bar, surrounded by colleagues. Not terribly bad, but she decides to catch some fresh air, only to find that obnoxious boss out there pawing at a female intern screaming for help.
She breaks them up and the intern runs away with tears in her eyes, only for her boss to turn his attention on her. Resisting, she's promptly told to have some appreciation for being hired, despite him "obviously" being her superior in all respects.
Forcefully she pushes him off her as he grabs for her breasts and he retaliates with a fist to her face, knocking her unconscious so she falls backwards over the balcony, crashing into the icy waters below.

Hours later, she pulls her shivering blue body up from the water, barely alive. And as she collapses in the scrubs, her face plants itself firmly in a large poison ivy plant and despite the burning she doesn't move as her body starts giving up... A labored tiny breath leaves her lips as she seemingly die, only for her body to recoil from the plants burn, her screaming almost like a baby being born. Camera zooms out as she chuckles and whispers "thanks" on the dark Gotham shore.

From then on, Pamela Isley is never heard from again. But a new bio-terrorist seems to start striking all over the globe using infiltration, seemingly unknown biochemical compounds and leaving only a green spray-painted tag spelling "IVY".
And one day, this bio-terrorist sees something while infiltrating a GMO test site in Africa: Her old boss getting an award for his brilliant solutions...
A solution the "dead" Pamela invented while at Wayne Enterprise...
And the award is given by Bruce Wayne, the womanizing playboy...

Within days, Gotham starts experiencing extreme cases of asthma caused by a strange pollen, vegetables and fruits rots in minutes after contacts with some enzyme in the wind and the slums seem to be overgrowing with moss that burns the skin...
IVY has come home, and she's bringing all the money and research she stole while stopping powerful men from perverting her Mother Nature. Not to mention her infiltration skills, which uses every inch of that body to bring men into her power.
In her sights: The most powerful man of all, Bruce Wayne! And the city he loves.