The Invincibly Super Massive Comic Book Podcast of Stuff: Episode 20

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

It's halfway through the week. That means it's time for a new episode of The Invincibly Super Massive Comic Book Podcast of Stuff. There are two parts to the podcast. The first half usually has a comic book creator calling in to talk about whatever they're working on and comic stuff in general. The second half is focused on questions from the community. You all have questions and we try to answer them.

This week's guest is making his second appearance on the show. With NIGHTWING #18 in stores this week, get ready for the return of Kyle Higgins.

No Caption Provided

It's a two hour show. You need to make sure you pick up NIGHTWING this week. If you're a fan of the character or are just curious about him, you're going to want to see what happens.

You can ask questions on the "Ask G-Man' thread or you can at reply me on Twitter: @GManFromHeck using #AskGMan.

Check out the podcast here.

If you've missed any of the previous episodes, here's what you've missed.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By saoakden

Tony looks like he's having the time of his life with Nightwing and Batman.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By Trevel8182
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Awesome! Gonna see him at a signing a week from tomorrow :)

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Ellie_Knightfall

Sweet! I'm gonna end up listening to this at work tomorrow after I pick up the newest issue.

SpadesSlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SpadesSlick

Tony, the master of podcast blueballs. So much teasing.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By herrweis

can we do something that doesnt revolve around batman?

The_Hat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Hat

G-Man, I'm a bit disappointed with your comment about the Orson Scott Card controversy. OSC doesn't just have anti-gay beliefs, he actively campaigns against gay rights. If he actively campaigned against African-American rights, or was on a commitee trying to restrict Latino immigrants' right to have children, would you feel differently? Would DC? It's not a Freedom of Speech issue - no one is trying to ban him from preaching his ideas - the issue is more that DC felt it ok to employ someone who preaches hate towards a minority.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck
@The_Hat see, this is the exact reason I avoid touchy and opinionated topics. Of course if I don't fully express my thoughts on a non-comic book topic, I'm completely wrong about everything. Then, of course, the accusations fly against me.
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By doordoor123

@The_Hat said:

G-Man, I'm a bit disappointed with your comment about the Orson Scott Card controversy. OSC doesn't just have anti-gay beliefs, he actively campaigns against gay rights. If he actively campaigned against African-American rights, or was on a commitee trying to restrict Latino immigrants' right to have children, would you feel differently? Would DC? It's not a Freedom of Speech issue - no one is trying to ban him from preaching his ideas - the issue is more that DC felt it ok to employ someone who preaches hate towards a minority.

People have their opinions. Does he violently attack people? No.

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. Protesting something is a right we have. He has the right to protest and so do you. You can protest his work, but that doesn't mean he should lose his job. He still has the right to believe in whatever he wants. This country is supposed to keep church and state separate.

My mother and best friend are gay. And my people have been harassed for decades (I'm Jewish). Even today I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if I have horns. It is ignorance. And while I do think his views are ignorant, he has the right to be ignorant. But that is America; ignorant.

Do you believe in anything? What if you lost a job because you believed the world was flat? Everyone has their own perception of the world. Ask Socrates or Plato. No one is really wrong.