Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

Get ready for the fourth episode of the Invincibly Super Massive Comic Book Podcast of Stuff. We used to have long running "Ask, and Ye Shall Receive...Answers" videos where I took questions from you guys on the "Ask G-Man' thread or you can at reply me on Twitter: @GManFromHeck using #AskGMan. The plan is for me to answer the questions podcast style but this also gives the opportunity to talk to different comic book creators. They even answer some of the questions as well.

This week's special guest is Scott Snyder.

He wasn't able to be on the entire episode but at least half is devoted to talking about BATMAN stuff including Death of the Family, his thoughts on the Riddler (coming up after Death) and even his thoughts on Bruce and Barbara hooking up in the animated universe. It's not just about Batman though. Scott also talks about his take on Superman (with Jim Lee) as well.

Check out the podcast HERE.

And yes, the separate sub-page is still in the works. I've just insisted that it not take top priority of other things that need to be done on the site, behind the scenes.

Staff
#1 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw yeah Scott Snyder!

#2 Posted by dreamfall31 (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! Cannot wait to hear what you guys talk about!

#3 Posted by ReadItNow (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that you post stuff at all different hours day or night. It helps ease my insomnia :)

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Always wonderful when Snyder's about to talk on a podcast!

#5 Edited by Hancock89 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to read Scott Snyder and Jim Lee's Superman. 

#6 Posted by Cavemold (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

loved this podcast best podcast yet!

#7 Posted by saoakden (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hancock89: I second that!

#8 Posted by longbowhunter (6751 posts) - - Show Bio

Really enjoyed the interview. Hope Scott comes back soon.

#9 Posted by NightFang (9868 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!

#10 Posted by darkwingdan (186 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really looking forward to his Superman story. Because Superman is such a departure from all of Scott's other works (American Vampire, Batman, Severed, Swamp Thing), I'm interested to see how he approaches the character. What I really do enjoy about his writing is that, at heart, he is a fan. And because of that, he writes stories that he, as a fan, would like to see. So far, so good. Keep it up Mr. Snyder!

#11 Posted by AlexMarks (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Big fan of Scott Snyder!

#12 Posted by yo_yo_fun (641 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay!! :D

#13 Posted by ComicAddict2814 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

This and my stack of comics made my day today. Snyder is definitely one of my favorite writers currently. And he seems like a solid guy all around whenever I hear him speak. Thanks Tony! Much appreciated!

#14 Posted by ripjim93 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@saoakden said:

@Hancock89: I second that!

Third. I hang on every word he says

#15 Posted by Mezmero (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Another neat podcast Tony. Having Scott Snyder was a pleasant surprise considering he's writing 2 of my favorite DC ongoing titles. I've loved everything he's written except for those damn chattering teeth ropes though that may have been more Capulo's responsibility. He seems like an interesting dude and he seems very open to talking about his future work. I'm looking forward to all his crazy fiction.

I'm glad my question finally got read though I'm not exactly sure I got an answer. I guess you said The Stranger but you brought up a good point about how the hell the Phantom Stranger ended up in the Phantom Zone. I always assumed he could come and go as he pleases since he has the word 'Phantom' in his name. Maybe I'll post another simple one if the cache of questions starts getting caught up. Thanks and keep up the great work.

#16 Posted by Queso6p4 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

This was both fun and insightful to listen to.

#17 Posted by benblanks (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's not entirely possible every time, and you [Tony] seemed a little disheartened that Scott Snyder couldn't stick it out longer but honestly I think that was an awesome balance in terms of podcast format. You should attempt to do half guest/half questions more often. I mean these creators are obviously busy people and must do interviews ALL the time, so you can't really expect them to provide one to two hours of their time to one podcast, and at the same time they would just be sitting there while you answered our questions. I liked the way this worked out!