• 0:00:00 / 0:00:00
    00:00:00
d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Hmmm, this definitely makes me want to watch Star Wars sooner than later so I can listen to the podcast.

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is going to be a good one!!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3 inferiorego  Staff

No spoilers in the comment section please. If you HAVE TO, use the spoiler blocks before posting.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

Last comment on this:

Killgrave is not gone IMO. Remember in the beginning when they mention the story of his demise and how they thought he was dead last time but he seemed to come back from death? Seems like he does have some sort of healing factor after all.

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys, the podcast was a cool companion to my movie experience.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are the odds that the planet at the end is ancient Earth?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inferiorego  Staff

1:1,000,000,000,000

I say that because the place they go to is still in their galaxy, just an uncharted part, and the Star Wars galaxy is a galaxy far, far away.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Overmonitor

@batman404: Every scene is filmed on Earth unfortunately and will look like Earth. But in the universe they are in it is a galaxy far, far away. There are no extragalactic civilizations mentioned. Seems to me that people want what you mentioned to happen for some reason, but it would mean the most famous intro in movie history was a lie.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman404 said:

1:1,000,000,000,000

I say that because the place they go to is still in their galaxy, just an uncharted part, and the Star Wars galaxy is a galaxy far, far away.

I can't believe I forgot that part. Thanks.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

A few notes I had during the discussion:

• Man Tony is bending over backwards to try to make a connection from Rey to Han and Leia. She's probably related to someone, but I think Han and Leia would know if they had a missing daughter. And suppressing memories or having Luke steal the child would just be insane. I think Tony is just clinging to the EU here :)
  • Kylo hitting himself - he does this for two reasons: 1. He's bleeding out 2. He's frustrated at his mortality and the fact that the wound is hindering him. Remember that Kylo has a very high opinion of himself and his abilities.
  • Luke went into hiding not just because Kylo turned bad, but because his nephew whom he was entrusted with by his sister and best friend turned to the dark side and proceeded to murder the other students under Luke's tutelage.
  • And I know Tony was just nitpicking for fun here, but they hold on that final moment for a reason: Rey desperately wanting someone to accept and train her, whereas Luke is in despair and fears the prospect of training another Jedi after what happened with Kylo. He doesn't rush to accept her because of these doubts, and his reluctance will surely be a focal point of the next film.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 inferiorego  Staff

@drellassassin: The more I think about it, I actually think Rey is Han and Leia's daughter and she was sent away at a young age. While the EU doesn't technically exist anymore, there's a lot of the EU that SW7 uses, like Han and Leia's son going to the dark side. There's something more to this character... maybe she's actually Luke's daughter? I don't know, but it's hard to ignore the fact she had a connection to the lightsaber.

I need to see the film again though. I feel like there's a bit I missed by only seeing it once. Thanks for your comments!

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys. Audio quality isnt as good as normal?

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The timing of this movie couldn't be more perfect. I just had my first wrapping paper tube light saber fight. My wife won, the force is strong in her.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dotwilson

just listened to this on the way back from the theater with my fiance. Fantastic movie, great podcast, good points all around... the only thing that bothered me was Leia not addressing Chewy after the thing that happens and going right up to Rey, who she barely knows.good to hear @g_man thought the same thing.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By SynCig

@drellassassin: I actually thought Kylo was hitting himself as a way to feed off his pain and thus strengthen his connection to the dark side. It was pretty obvious that his connection to the dark side was weakening during the fight (imo, as a result of killing his father). He is a character that was shown to be very conflicted and killing his father was an attempt to banish the light but I think it left him hollow instead.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Saw Star Wars this morning. Great discussion. I have an explanation for Finn's behavior in his first scene as a stormtrooper. For my interpretation, we found out he was a sanitation worker. I saw it as this was his first ever combat experience. We see with soldiers, no matter how much training an soldier has, nothing can truly prepare them for entering combat for the first time. For me, Finn having a panic attack and then seeing all of these innocent people being shot on orders was perfectly rational for his character's action. Also for Finn, when he is fighting Stormtroopers with the lightsaber, I wonder why there was the scene of one of the Stormtroopers recognizing him.

Loved all the cameos. Heard that Simon Pegg was in costume as the creature giving out food rations for parts on Jakku.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes! Saw the movie tonight. Now I can finally listen to the podcast.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 inferiorego  Staff

Thanks guys. Audio quality isnt as good as normal?

I recorded it, that's why. I don't have the best recording equipment over skype.