User Lists: 0

Lots of developments this week.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Great podcast and great title image. I wish Cory was in that pic as Rip Hunter though.

First off, thanks to @inferiorego's story I know exactly how I'll end each of my questions from now on. When you think about it, when you say it in a non-menacing way it's actually not that weird.

@g_man, while watching the finale of AoS I thought about how it must have been pretty intense for a kid. There was some pretty gross torture stuff, lots of people dying and a shocking arm chopping scene. I felt like I was watching Gotham at certain points.

And regarding Coulson, I'm hoping he gets a cool robot arm from Tony instead of a regenerated arm from Cho. Really, in the world of comics prosthetic are pretty awesome (if you can afford it).

And during rerun season I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd all really love reviews of old tv shows. It wouldn't have to require much coordination. You both have Netflix, so pick an old show, choose 1 - 3 episode to watch during the week and then answer the question "does it hold up?". I'd also really enjoy hearing Tony recap each episode. I love listening to the recaps of AoS and Arrow, it's kind of like a highlight reel.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and I'm bringing this beauty all the way back from 2002.

No Caption Provided

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@d9000 said:

@g_man, while watching the finale of AoS I thought about how it must have been pretty intense for a kid. There was some pretty gross torture stuff, lots of people dying and a shocking arm chopping scene. I felt like I was watching Gotham at certain points.

AoS is her favorite show. I think watching comic cartoons with very mild violence and just talking things out as we started creeping towards PG and then PG-13 movies helped to prepare her for what is real and what isn't. Again, I wouldn't let her watch an R-rated gorefest. Although, we're now watching a Daredevil episode a week since there's no AoS. I keep a close eye on her as we watch to see if any of it is getting to her. She is very sensitive in some ways but just has a good head on her shoulder. She's definitely not desensitized towards violence but just knows real from not, I guess.

@d9000 said:

And during rerun season I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd all really love reviews of old tv shows. It wouldn't have to require much coordination. You both have Netflix, so pick an old show, choose 1 - 3 episode to watch during the week and then answer the question "does it hold up?". I'd also really enjoy hearing Tony recap each episode. I love listening to the recaps of AoS and Arrow, it's kind of like a highlight reel.

We have the Flash finale for next week plus we'll likely be talking some Wayward Pines, even though it's not comic-related. Try to catch the first episode and the second on Thursday if you haven't.

Old TV shows, I'm still on the fence. That could appeal to a limited audience. It'd be hard to gauge what everyone would actually want to hear us talk about and not be bored. As for my recaps, that's why I was doing those 2-Minute Time Out videos. I tend to ramble a little rather than get to the point.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6 inferiorego  Staff

@g_man said:
@d9000 said:

AoS is her favorite show. I think watching comic cartoons with very mild violence and just talking things out as we started creeping towards PG and then PG-13 movies helped to prepare her for what is real and what isn't. Again, I wouldn't let her watch an R-rated gorefest. Although, we're now watching a Daredevil episode a week since there's no AoS. I keep a close eye on her as we watch to see if any of it is getting to her. She is very sensitive in some ways but just has a good head on her shoulder. She's definitely not desensitized towards violence but just knows real from not, I guess.

@d9000 said:

We have the Flash finale for next week plus we'll likely be talking some Wayward Pines, even though it's not comic-related. Try to catch the first episode and the second on Thursday if you haven't.

Old TV shows, I'm still on the fence. That could appeal to a limited audience. It'd be hard to gauge what everyone would actually want to hear us talk about and not be bored. As for my recaps, that's why I was doing those 2-Minute Time Out videos. I tend to ramble a little rather than get to the point.

Also... Mad Max

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Did anyone else catch the obvious "Magneto" imprint that they made for Skye's Mom on AoS. Human Casualties to protect her people are okay. Not understanding why people can't get on board with it and willingness to use violence on her critics. Trauma and torture at the hands of Nazis (well Hydra).

I like it, and if InHumans are going to be the MCU's Mutants there does need to be that kind of extremist advocate for them, but I thought it got a little heavy handed towards the end there.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Mutant God

On the White Canary thing, they could use Rip Hunter's time powers and get her while she was a couple of hours dead and bring her back then.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant_god: yea that is true,but then again im not sure how long she has been dead on the show time wise,but really doesn't matter to me much,she comes back cool,as a new character,for a hero team? That's awesome,always liked her character and glad she is back in action! also loving the title DC Legends Of Tomorrow :)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I like the idea of Black Canary in white.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: @g_man:

Lol, well it always helps to have a smart kid on your hands. And some of the stuff in DD even makes me squirm, it sounds like she's tougher than me already :p

I see what you mean about choosing what to talk about. When a website encompasses as broad a spectrum as comics do it's tough to choose topics for new segments. Some people like this, some people like that, etc...You could always start a message board for listeners to post suggestions and just pick the most popular stuff. If 90s X-men doesn't get any votes than fine, but until then I firmly believe that everyone in the universe wants you guys to rewatch that show and tell us about it!

No Caption Provided

But in the end it's your call what you choose. There's certainly enough movies to talk about over the summer. Mad Max was really good, and I actually liked the 3D which I haven't said about a movie in years.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I agree with Tony

Where were all the fans when Supergirls book got cancelled?

I am still bitter about that and have to wait for the re launch.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good cast. That Golden Glider stumps me as well, makes zero sense.

Well, I'm leaving this page now, but...

YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THE LAST OF MEEEEEE! MUHAHAHAHA

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First one i've heard and i really enjoyed it

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points