00:00:00
FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FearTheLiving

Really good episode. As to what to do after the wave of Comic Book shows end, I wouldn't mind you guys doing what Matt suggested and just picking out an older comic related show/series and kind of discussing that. I mean there are plenty to do (Teen Titans, Justice League, X-Men TAS, Spider-man TAS, Static Shock, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Young Justice, Green Lantern TAS, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, ect) just a matter of how much you wanna do for each episode or the money you wanna put into getting them if they're not on Netflix or something.

Could also talk about what you want from future seasons of the current shows, or do what I suggested on the other podcast which was to discuss an older comic or run and see how they hold up. (Though I'm not sure if you want this podcast to focus on different media)

Waveserpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic episode. Glad ya'll are back. I must have my Wednesday fix.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By JewishDork

@feartheliving:

Great suggestion. I would definitely enjoy it if you guys spoke about animated series. Those television series from the 90's is what introduced me to all of those terrific characters. Talking about different creators' runs on comics would also be entertaining, Grant Morrison's JLA, Dixon's Nightwing, Brubaker's Iron Fist, etc.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Nickscip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like the people angry about Avengers are just a very loud minority. Most of us loved it

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Whew, finally saw Avengers. Now I can listen.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was JUST about to saw that MCU Hawkeye reminds me of Ultimate Hawkeye. He's less funny than 616 and more professional, plus he's got a lovely family. If this hadn't been PG I would have been worried that his family would have all died like in Ultimates 2.

One of my favourite parts of AoU was the end with Captain America's new team of Avengers. It seemed like such a likable team, I wish they'd make a movie about them (Cap, Black Widow, War Machine, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Falcon). They could call them the New Avengers! So creative.

One thing that did get on my nerves was Elizabeth Olsen's accent. If her part had been much smaller I wouldn't have noticed but by the end of the movie it was really bugging me.

And as much as I was blindsided buy the sheer amount of humour in the film I didn't mind it. I was thinking afterwards that this is PG so any kid can go with their parents. And if you've got really young kids going you need to find a way to lighten the tone for them especially around all the destruction on screen. Making Ultron an evil version of Iron Man, complete with wise cracks, was just their way of doing that.

I feel it should be pointed out that everyone gave the first Avengers so many bonus points for simply being a good movie. Everyone was stunned that a movie with this many characters was still entertaining. Well there's even more characters and cameos in AoU but no one is giving it extra credit. To me this deserve the same rating that Avengers 1 got and I think we should all remember what happened to the Spider-Man movies when they tried to add just a few more characters into it. It totally bombed!!!

Oh and last thing, I couldn't believe how many commercials there where in the theater before the movie for Avengers related products. I think I counted at least 5 ads for toys, food, cars and what not before the movie started. There's always ads but they're not usually related to the movie you're about to see. Just thought that was strange.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and please please please go back and review old cartoons from the 90s and 2000s. Comic Vine could really stand to get into nostalgia reviews. I'm on board!!!

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

There are certainly legitimate criticisms of Age of Ultron (Hulk/Black Widow romance was forced, Hawkeye's family, misuse of Quicksilver/his early death, somewhat Deus Ex type solution to overall conflict) but MANY people have taken it way too far. I really enjoyed the movie overall but it was only able to claw its way into my 5th spot of the MCU movies for the reasons listed above. Still, I love Joss Whedon and the attacks directed at him are ridiculous. He created Buffy the Vampire Slayer which consisted of NUMEROUS well written and powerful female characters, Dollhouse starred a female character, and his female characters in Firefly were all very well written and vital. Anyone who is calling Whedon a misogynist is simply being an ignorant moron. Criticize all you want but false personal attacks are uncalled for.

Anyway, sorry for the rant but people are pissing me off with all of this. As a side note, I am a feminist through and through so don't blame feminists. Blame the actual people, regardless of their misguided beliefs.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketraccoonthingy: We can write too. Plus, I don't have to sell your attacks. You are an infidel from outside the almighty RPG forum.

RPG? Sure. I've always wanted to try that out with you guys.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall: Cause you can't call me a padawan if you're younger than me. I'm 13 btw. XD

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#23  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

gonna listen to this

~MiB

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@g_man: Hey idk if you've watched it but watching Clone Wars will make rebels season 2 better since they are bringing back Rex and Hondo and stuff. Clone Wars is all up on netflix and its one of the best shows ever, so I really recommend it. Season 3 is when stuff starts to get really good. The Clone Wars animated movie is on netflix to and you should watch that if youre going to watch clone wars cause its pretty much like the first few episodes of the series.