First!? Xmen! YAY :D

Avatar image for unpopularkarama
unpopularkarama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have actually never been the first comment before, so I had to try. Sorry. :)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@g_man: Gotta love your podcast posters! ALways fun

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

not enough x-puns

naylor11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man are there any days of future past spoilers? I don't want to listen til i know

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
AlwaysBeClothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Love the X-overs with Tested. Gotta listen to this at this X-act moment.

HEYu92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On Kelsey Grammer's IMDb it does mention that he plays "Hank/ The Beast (older) (uncredited)" in Days of Future Past. It's a shame that his name wasn't shown during the credits.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to say this is my favorit super hero movie of all time :)

triggerleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW fellas, the Pentagon in Virginia, across the river from DC. And the Triskelion from Cap 2 was built 1/2 a mile from it. I wonder how much paperwork it took for SHIELD to get approval for that one.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#12  Edited By SynCig

Great podcast guys! BUT, I gotta disagree about a lot of the complaints you both have. I thought the amount of future stuff was perfect and the way they handled Wolverine in the movie was better than he has ever been handled on the big screen. I love Wolverine when he acts as a supporting character and not a lead. He was the inciting moment for the story but ultimately the movie was about young Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique. The screenplay was tight and the story was fully engaging. This movie could have easily been just another cluster, like X3, with too many mutants and plot threads going on with very little satisfying purpose but Singer and company really pulled it off. I loved it.

The only thing that bothered me, as it did with you as well Tony, was Kitty magically being able to send people's consciousnesses back. It would have made much more sense for a telepath to do it. Introducing a Rachel Grey character would have been cool or they could have just made old Xavier do it. I get that they wanted to throw fans a bone and make Kitty important but I kept waiting for them to explain why she all of a sudden had this new power but they never did.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig: I love when people reasonably disagree. There's no reason for everyone to feel the same. But also keep in mind for all our complaints, we were simply seeking out what bothered us. We both did really enjoy the movie. And I saw it again over the weekend with my wife and daughter.

As for Kitty, yeah. Secondary mutation? Okay, fine. It was their way to include Kitty since she was such a crucial part of the original story. But having her in the role wouldn't have worked since she wasn't around in 1973. It's fine. That didn't bother me as much as other things.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

@g_man: Exactly. Half the fun with comics/comic related media is being able to discuss them with others. If everyone held the same opinion the world would be a really boring place.

Yeah I agree, the Kitty thing was a minor gripe. Secondary mutations have been an established part of the X-Men for a while now so I can kind of overlook that.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I coulda done without the 30 minute complaining sesh on plotholes

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOAR.

I like these movie discussion podcasts.

Dirk_Dexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great podcast. I like the discussion on all the plot holes.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@g_man said:

@syncig: I love when people reasonably disagree. There's no reason for everyone to feel the same. But also keep in mind for all our complaints, we were simply seeking out what bothered us. We both did really enjoy the movie. And I saw it again over the weekend with my wife and daughter.

As for Kitty, yeah. Secondary mutation? Okay, fine. It was their way to include Kitty since she was such a crucial part of the original story. But having her in the role wouldn't have worked since she wasn't around in 1973. It's fine. That didn't bother me as much as other things.

The way I kinda thought Kitty's new powers were working was that normally she can phase matter through other solid matter but in the future her powers became so strong that's able to phase minds through anti-matter (see Quantum Field theory) basically allowing her to time-travel.

@g_man not sure if you guys recorded this before the interview but or not but Singer says X-Men Apoc will take place in the 80s and that this film was basically a farewell to the old X-Men cast also Jackman wants to do Old Man Logan for the next Wolverine.

Avatar image for unpopularkarama
unpopularkarama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Great show! It's probably the second best X-Men film. Or first...

Hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Hassun

The creators are to be commended for being able to pull together the mess that was the X-Men films in a pretty solid way and make way for a fresh start as well.

I would have probably preferred it if they just took First Class and ran with that, ignoring the other films but this was an admirable solution.

The whole Quicksilver thing was kind of sad in my opinion. Sure he looked stupid but then they basically make him so powerful that he's nearly broken. He could have done so many other things and solves so many other problems without even breaking a sweat.

The scene at night on the train where Magneto imbues the Sentinels with metal had some very shoddy CGI as well.

@g_man Looking at the changes in star power is interesting too. Wolverine was not nearly as prominent as I expected and the main focus is the new hot star Jennifer Lawrence.

I do hope they keep the focus on the First Class characters for the Apocalypse film though.

Thanks for coming in for the talk, Norm. Always fun to hear you two discuss comic book films.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@g_man: Cool, Norm's back! Can't wait to listen.

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By dreamfall31

DofP was in 1973 and Wolverine Origins starts in 1975 ending with Three Mile Island, so they technically still line up in a way. I'm glad that they decided to essentially retcon that movie though!