The Endless Promo: Episode 4 -- Is There Anywhere You Can Bet on Pro Wrestling?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
  • 0:00:00 / 0:00:00
    00:00:00
Child_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Let's go Corey *Corey Sucks* Let's go Corey *Corey Sucks*

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 inferiorego  Staff

Let's go Corey *Corey Sucks* Let's go Corey *Corey Sucks*

hahahaha

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#3  Edited By SynCig

I'm currently watching Monday Night Wars era WCW Nitro episodes (I've never seen any WCW prior to subscribing to the Network for just $9.99) and one thing I noticed, like Corey said, is that the roster is diverse but also the show is mostly matches. They would have other things going on but they didn't just have a few short matches with tons of horrible promos in between. I just watched the episode after Scott Hall made the jump to WCW and he interrupts a match to cut his "You want a war?" promo and then they have a bunch of other matches. Then at the very end of the show he comes out again and says some things for a few minutes. Now in WWE the show would open with him coming out and doing a 25 minute promo in the ring and it would have lost all impact. I know you guys don't/can't watch TNA but this is actually something that they do really well right now. I watched the full episode of Impact for the first time in years last night and every single match served a story purpose. They had a couple back room type segments that were decent but the show flowed through the matches as opposed to the WWE formula where everything flows through promos and the matches are an afterthought that rarely serve any purpose.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@syncig: See I keep telling people TNA is getting better they are putting out good and ENJOYABLE and entertaining shows for weeks now unlike WWE where they don't put any damn effort into their RAW and smackdown shows. WWE creative is so lazy. Can't wait until HHH takes over WWE.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I decided to not watch RAW this week and I'm gonna quit watching RAW until they put some effort into putting on am entertaining show. WWE loves insulting the intelligence of their mature and adult fans.

Growing up with Mat's segment is better than the last 2 months of RAW haha. Great job @inferiorego with that segment! hilarious.

And good call @undeadpool with Petey Willaim's finisher Canadian Destroyer. It's my favorite finisher of all time.

No Caption Provided

ANd TNA had another good show last night! Had a great BELLA FREE women's match between Tarren Tyrall and Gail Gim. btw I wanted to know what you guys think of Ethan Carter the third AKA Derrick Bateman from WWE. TNA caught him after WWE fired him and turned him into an awesome character!! What you think of this awesome promo he delivered last night? I love the way he played the crowd and JOhn Cena can't even do that.

Loading Video...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 inferiorego  Staff

I decided to not watch RAW this week and I'm gonna quit watching RAW until they put some effort into putting on am entertaining show. WWE loves insulting the intelligence of their mature and adult fans.

Growing up with Mat's segment is better than the last 2 months of RAW haha. Great job @inferiorego with that segment! hilarious.

And good call @undeadpool with Petey Willaim's finisher Canadian Destroyer. It's my favorite finisher of all time.

No Caption Provided

ANd TNA had another good show last night! btw I wanted to know what you guys think of Ethan Carter the third AKA Derrick Bateman from WWE. TNA caught him after WWE fired him and turned him into an awesome character!! What you think of this awesome promo he delivered last night? I love the way he played the crowd and JOhn Cena can't even do that.

Loading Video...

I turned on Impact again last night and caught the Gail Kim match. I'll probably watch on hulu since that single match bored me

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: Did you see the new knockout debut after that match?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 inferiorego  Staff
timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By timelord

@inferiorego: Grimlock nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I to know the pain of having friends breaking my transformers can we start a support group?

Why , why do the Bellas keep on getting pushed? There not attractive can not wrestle or act. I swear it's just because their twins and one of thems banging Cena.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 inferiorego  Staff

@timelord said:

@inferiorego: Grimlock nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I to know the pain of having friends breaking my transformers can we start a support group?

Why , why do the Bellas keep on getting pushed? There not attractive can not wrestle or act. I swear it's just because their twins and one of thems banging Cena.

The real story is that I broke my friend's, John's, grimlock figure and I started crying. I went to Toys R Us and bought him a new one because I felt so bad.... I was either 6 or 28

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@timelord said:

The real story is that I broke my friend's, John's, grimlock figure and I started crying. I went to Toys R Us and bought him a new one because I felt so bad.... I was either 6 or 28

You should feel bad but at least you made amends :) Still more interesting than Bellas.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: There was a time in my pro wrestling watching that I considered myself a TNA fan above all else. I loved it. The first time I watched it was quite a bit before they got the Spike deal. It came on after school on FSN and I came home and stumbled upon it. I pretty much immediately fell in love with the X Division. This leads to my biggest issue with last night's Impact. The X Division match was a snooze. I've talked to others and from what I've been told the X Division is at a pretty low point. Not having Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, Kazarian, etc. is going to really hurt my interest in TNA if it doesn't improve. With that said, last night's Impact was definitely better than Raw has been lately and I'll likely continue to watch. There are still things I didn't like besides the X Division match. The BroMans are not funny at all to me. I was never really into Zack Ryder but I still think he did the guido thing much better than they do. Rockstar Spud is also pretty stupid imo. My favorite parts of last nights show were the EC3 promo and the Gail Kim/Taryn Terell match. I've always liked Gail and that match was absolutely incredible.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig: Well the X-Division took a real hit when Hogan and Bishoff came to TNA, it slowly started to go away and TNa would occasionally spotlight them for a week, But then they would just be irrelevant again. I would say the last 2 months, TNA made X Divison a bigger focus on the show since 2009. Yea, it's nothing like the good old days of the divison, but it's still something. And Xdivison finally has an interesting storyline since I god knows when. I'm digging this Sanada/James Storm storyline w/ Manik getting kidnapped.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: Yeah, when Bischoff and Hogan came on that's when I started to lose interest in TNA. I stopped watching regularly and when I did I was not impressed. Then, about 3 years ago, I basically stopped watching all pro wrestling because the WWE was stale and TNA had lost it's touch. I've gotten back into wrestling over the last couple months and I'm still getting a feel for all the things that have changed. All of my favorites from the old days of TNA are gone now except for Jeff Hardy (always been a big Hardy Boyz fan) and that kinda sucks so I'll have to watch for a while and get some new favorites and see how things go. That is the one thing that WWE has going for it over TNA right now. I care about more of the wrestlers in the WWE despite the terrible booking. I'm a big Dolph Ziggler fan and right now there is no one in TNA that gets me quite as excited except for Jeff Hardy, who is likely near the end of his career.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig: don't worry you will find your favorites in TNA after a while watching.

akbeffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undeadpool - Yes! emerald fusion!! That was the finisher of my Johnny Cage CAW in WWE 13/2k14 lol

ps. it's very useful at the top of the HIAC matches

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Mezmero

Raw was ludicrously bad this week. The opening tag match was the best thing in the whole show. Bo feuding with Swagger makes absolutely zero sense and that somehow makes it even funnier. The part on Smackdown where he tripped Swagger had me dying of confused laughter.

As much as I wish I could ironically enjoy this Bella garbage it was really unwatchable. The Growing Up Elfring segment made me bust a gut. I almost forgive the source material for being so bad because Mat managed to make it funnier than it actually was.

When it comes to wrestling moves I'm more fond of slams and drivers than submissions, strikes, and aerials. For a favorite I'd probably go with the Death Valley Bomb mainly because that's Clark's super move in most King of Fighters games. The way Cena does it is more of a press or a toss. If I had to pick a non finisher....I don't know, Thumb Poke to the eye maybe, certainly one Lawler's best moves. Worst move is definitely the Bronco Buster. What is that even...you're basically dry humping someone's collar bone or sternum or alternating between the two. You would need a spiked codpiece for that to be even remotely effective.

Thanks for the podcast guys. I wish I could tell you how to make it better but right now it's pretty good. I've felt for many years now that wrestling is part opera, part ballet, part comic book. So kind of like martial arts movies. Keep making fun of awful promos or I'll drop you on that stack of dimes you call a neck and that's the bottom line because the copyright lawyers said so!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

No mention of NJPW?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@mezmero said:

Raw was ludicrously bad this week. The opening tag match was the best thing in the whole show. Bo feuding with Swagger makes absolutely zero sense and that somehow makes it even funnier. The part on Smackdown where he tripped Swagger had me dying of confused laughter.

As much as I wish I could ironically enjoy this Bella garbage it was really unwatchable. The Growing Up Elfring segment made me bust a gut. I almost forgive the source material for being so bad because Mat managed to make it funnier than it actually was.

When it comes to wrestling moves I'm more fond of slams and drivers than submissions, strikes, and aerials. For a favorite I'd probably go with the Death Valley Bomb mainly because that's Clark's super move in most King of Fighters games. The way Cena does it is more of a press or a toss. If I had to pick a non finisher....I don't know, Thumb Poke to the eye maybe, certainly one Lawler's best moves. Worst move is definitely the Bronco Buster. What is that even...you're basically dry humping someone's collar bone or sternum or alternating between the two. You would need a spiked codpiece for that to be even remotely effective.

Thanks for the podcast guys. I wish I could tell you how to make it better but right now it's pretty good. I've felt for many years now that wrestling is part opera, part ballet, part comic book. So kind of like martial arts movies. Keep making fun of awful promos or I'll drop you on that stack of dimes you call a neck and that's the bottom line because the copyright lawyers said so!

I love terrible promos, which is why Corey and I started this. A lot of people are asking me to do Growing Up Elfring again and I'm saying this now: I will NOT do it again unless Raw does it again. I will, however, keep ripping off their promos as long as I can make them funny without forcing it though.

Thanks for listening and not hating us

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@undeadpool

Corey, you do know that WWE has an official YouTube account where they have videos of Raw and/or Smackdown events. They might have videos that Hulu doesn't show. For example, I am fairly sure Bo Dallas' promo where he says, "this is Jimmie, he lost everything because he bet on you versus Russev," is on the WWE YouTube account.

I don't watch the shows either but I do watch their official YouTube videos.

Just Saying. (+)

MiamiShaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: Lesnar's new contract has him showing up for more dates now, so that's something to look for.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: Lesnar's new contract has him showing up for more dates now, so that's something to look for.

yea i guess..... do you watch TNA?